dossas
Brawn
Points: 931, Level: 16 Points: 931, Level: 16 Points: 931, Level: 16
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 3ish
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: My squat rack
dossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributor
Default My First Training/Diet Log

Hello.

I've decided to try starting a log of my attempt to recomp my body...Let me say that this is very intimidating for me. As a bit of a history lesson, I have been training for about 4 years. I started at about 240 lbs (I'm guessing somewhere around 30 % BF) and worked my way down to around 200 lbs (I'm 5' 11"). Over the last year, or so, I have slowly crept up to 217 lbs (probably around the 20 % BF mark). I have enjoyed getting stronger along the way:

Before: Bench - started with push ups, Squat - bodyweight, Deads - don't know

Now: Bench - 225 x 8,8,8, Squat - 300 x 6,6,6, Deads - 405 x 3

I'm just at a point in my life (I'm 41 yrs old/young) where for once I want to be lean and muscular. I was a chubby kid growing up, and then skinny through high school and university because of soccer. Even then, my lower body was much stronger than my upper. Bad habits and poor diet/eating habits have always plagued me.

NOW, I'm on a quest to try to get myself down to around 12 %, while, at least, keeping and maintaining my strength and muscle. I have never made this kind of commitment before, and thought it would be a good way to hold myself accountable, as well as possibly receive some motivation and guidance along the way. At the moment, I do not have any goals to compete in BBing, or powerlifting....but who knows down the road.

Last edited by dossas; 02-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.
dossas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links