Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #221
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

How's that shoulder feeling today?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #222
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How's that shoulder feeling today?
Thanks for asking. Actually, it feels way better today. Better than I thought it would, and I was able to squat with no real problems. Not even any issues when I was loading plates and chest height. I've always had issues with that shoulder, so I just need to watch out for it and maybe do some supplemental work on my front delts.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #223
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

I haven't done box squats in quite a while. Box squat are best suited to training for equipped squatting, and I've just been suiting up for that, but I need to work more on my hips and quads, so I'm going to start giving some of my training time to wide stance box squats.

Wide stance box squats-
45x a bunch
135x5
135x5
225x5

Add belt-
275x3
315x3
365x3

Add chains-
365+30x3
365+50x2
365+50x3

Add knee wraps-
365+60x3
385+60x2

Leg extensions-
35x20
60x20
60x25+6 forced reps

Leg curls-
35x15
35x15

I'm having a problem with my knee wraps. I used to wrap my right knee first every time, just because I always had, but I've found that every twice or third set when I wrap my right knee first by the time I wrap my left knee I'm having a shooting pain in my shin on my right side. It hurts so bad that I have to unwrap everything and start over, which sucks because I have to roll up both wraps first. It takes like 10 minutes to do it all twice.

Anyways, it seems like when I start with the left knee first it's not really a problem. Hopefully I'll just get used to the wraps and it won't be a problem any more.

This was a good session today. I was feeling my hips and quads just like I wanted to, and my form is feeling fantastic. I also got to use my shoulders a little loading and unloading weights, which is good. The more I use it the better it feels.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #224
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I'm having a problem with my knee wraps. I used to wrap my right knee first every time, just because I always had, but I've found that every twice or third set when I wrap my right knee first by the time I wrap my left knee I'm having a shooting pain in my shin on my right side. It hurts so bad that I have to unwrap everything and start over, which sucks because I have to roll up both wraps first. It takes like 10 minutes to do it all twice.
How many wraps are you setting up with?

Old 05-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #225
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
How many wraps are you setting up with?
What do you mean, "setting up with"?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #226
Soldier
Max Brawn

So it's been a few days since I've logged, or trained, for that matter. This is because of my shoulder, and also because my family is leaving today to go home for 9 days. It's going to be amazing to just relax, sleep in, and not shave a single time for 10 days.

But don't worry! I've already got myself set up with a gym to train in while I'm down there. Some friends of ours back home started their own gym, and they are even powerlifting friendly. I'm taking all of my gear, since I don't get to train in a gym with my gear very often. I'm even bringing my slingshot to protect my still healing shoulder.

Hopefully I'll train tomorrow. I'm going to do some deadlifting, then go from there based on how my shoulder feels.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #227
Soldier
Max Brawn

Spent yesterday traveling, then hit the gym today. Luckily the gym in which I'll be training for the next 9 days is quite well equipped, and powerlifting friendly. They even have boards and chalk. I decided to do a little deadlifting and see how my shoulder would hold up.

Deadlift-
45x a bunch
135x5
225x5

Add squat suit and belt, straps down-
315x3
365x3
405x2

Straps up-
455x1
495x1
525x1 PR

Speed pulls, raw-
315+thick band for 5 singles, rest-pause.

Leg press-
3pps x12
4pps x12
2pps x55

Awesome session. The gym was well equipped and almost completely empty since we trained in the early afternoon. The plates they had were coated in rubber, just soft enough that I could lower my deadlifts a little faster and not tire myself out by lowering them slowly like at home. This is what I credit as the reason I was able to pull a new PR today.

My shoulder held up extremely well, and felt good throughout it's ROM once it was warmed up. I'm going to do a little pressing in my next session, but I'm going to take it slow and use my slingshot to protect my shoulder.

I can't wait to squat in this gym, with a real power rack. They have good bars too. This is going to be fun.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #228
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Another PR for the freak. Congrats man.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #229
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Another PR for the freak. Congrats man.
Thanks. I'm feeling very good these days about my training, even though I'm still wary of my shoulder. I don't want to make it worse, but I'm hoping to do a little benching tomorrow, so we'll see how I hold up.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #230
Soldier
Max Brawn

Upper body day. I did a little pushing, but my shoulder didn't feel great so I fell back on some machines and a little upper back and triceps work to keep me strong.

Bench press-
45 x a bunch
95 x a bunch
135x a bunch

Switch to EFS multi-grip swiss log bar-
125 x 8
215 with slingshot x 10
175 to a 2 board x 8
175 to a 2 board x 8

My shoulder wasn't feeling too hot at this point, so I decided to call it a day with the free weights.

Chest press machine-
Can't remember what weight I used. Who cares, it's just a machine anyways, but I did 2 sets with it.

Row machine-
I used the one where your hands go slightly up as you extend your arms. Again, 2 sets.

I finished up with 3 supersets of rope extensions and face pulls.

It was a frustrating day. I was REALLY looking forwards to doing some equipped benching while I had access to a real gym, but it looks like that's not going to happen. It's for the best, I guess, because having access to a full gym allows me to work around my injuries much better than I could at home. I hate machines, but you can't argue their worth when it comes to injuries and continuing to train.

Monday will be the big day. I'll be squatting in a power rack for the first time with my full gear. I'm REALLY hoping I can get a new PR on squat, but It'll be fun just to squat without having to worry about killing myself.

Whatever happens, it's going to be fun.