Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #171
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Don't be afraid to unload, sit back, and explode up on your box squats. This will help you with those tough reps. Right now you are only half unloading which is turning the box squat into more of a depth-tester.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #172
dossas
Brawn
Points: 931, Level: 16 Points: 931, Level: 16 Points: 931, Level: 16
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 3ish
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: My squat rack
dossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributor

Nice work SecondsOut!!

You have the right attitude and focus to make a lot of gains at the new gym. Way to go man...you'll be competing with the best of them in no time!!
dossas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #173
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
You are destined for greatness. You are surrounding yourself with people who are stronger -- they will push you to exceed your goals. I can't wait to watch the progression!!
thanks! i really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Don't be afraid to unload, sit back, and explode up on your box squats. This will help you with those tough reps. Right now you are only half unloading which is turning the box squat into more of a depth-tester.
yeah, def not unloading properly at all. it feels weird to do that! gotta get used to box squats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossas View Post
Nice work SecondsOut!!

You have the right attitude and focus to make a lot of gains at the new gym. Way to go man...you'll be competing with the best of them in no time!!
thanks D!
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #174
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Red Meat
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Training in here shows lots of heart.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #175
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Keep going man, making good progress.
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #176
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
Training in here shows lots of heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty View Post
Keep going man, making good progress.
thanks guys!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #177
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

Default Thursday, 3/21: Maximal Effort Bench Press

1-RM Fat Bar Floor Press
10 x fat bar
8 x 135 (fb + 80 lbs. chains)
4 x 215 (fb + 160 lbs. chains)
2 x 295 (fb + 240 lbs. chains)

1 x 315 (fb + 20 lbs. + 240 lbs. chains)
1 x 335 (fb + 280 lbs. chains) (Floor Press/Fat Bar + Chains PR)

Reverse Hyperextension
10 x 70
3 x 10 x (140/210/240)

Seated Cable Pulldown (widegrip w/static holds at the chest)
3 x 10 x (100/100/90)

Band Tricep Press (with thick orange bands)
3 x (21/17/12)

Upper Body Sled
(with handles, press out like bench press)
5 x ~40 yards x (70/85/95/80/80)

I failed on 335 fat bar + chains floor press last week. Killed it this week. All the accessories are up from last week, too. I attribute this a little bit to strength gains but a lot to finding the groove: I haven't done assistance exercises in years, so my body's re-learning the movements. I decreased the weight on the sled and increased sets. I did this because I've been getting worse with 105, not better. It was too heavy a weight to start with.

Psyched about the PR! I was disappointed when I couldn't lift all the chains last week (they have 14 total sets; I used 12 sets + 20 lbs. in weights for the 315 press). When I told the trainer "I want to get all the chains next week," he said, "just focus on adding weight and maybe getting all the chains some time in the future." He was being nice and trying to tell me to be happy with steady progress, not unrealistic benchmarks. But I wanted to bench all 14 sets today, and I did it.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #178
Ugo
New Brawn
Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Ugo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good posts

Hey Seconds, I THINK you may have made more improvement on the floor press than you realize. Check back on last weeks weights. Nice job either way. Keep it up. What's going on with your body weight? Ugo
Ugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #179
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo View Post
Hey Seconds, I THINK you may have made more improvement on the floor press than you realize. Check back on last weeks weights. Nice job either way. Keep it up. What's going on with your body weight? Ugo
hey Ugo! the video from last week only showed 295, not 315. i think that might be what you mean? thanks! how's your sled work been going?
my weight has been floating between 180 and 185. i'd like to keep it in that area because i think my bf% is above 15. plus, i don't have the money to buy bigger clothes!!!!
by the way, you were the first one to tell me to forget about counting calories and just eat what feels right. if i'd listened earlier, i probably would've made much better progress during those years. what were your numbers during the time when you super-bulked? what was your top body weight and numbers?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #180
Ugo
New Brawn
Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Ugo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good posts

I was a very fat 250. Sq 590, BP 400. 505 DL AT 215. Getting fatter didn't help my DL. My stomach got in the way. Ugo
Ugo is offline   Reply With Quote