Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #151
Ugo
New Brawn
Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Ugo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good posts

Hey Seconds, I'll write more later. Going out to push the blocking sled now. Fun! Ugo
Ugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #152
Ugo
New Brawn
Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2 Points: 125, Level: 2
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Ugo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good postsUgo has made some very good posts

Hello again Seconds, Hey don't worry about not getting the dry hump exercise right away. That comes more naturally to the younger guys. I'm assuming the Sqs. were wide stance. Looks like you approved quite a bit on the GHRs already. You"ll be holding a 45 plate on them in no time.Keep up the good work. Ugo
Ugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #153
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Haha, dry humpers. Do you mean hip thrusts?

Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #154
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo View Post
Hello again Seconds, Hey don't worry about not getting the dry hump exercise right away. That comes more naturally to the younger guys.
haha, thanks. how was the blocking sled?

Quote:
I'm assuming the Sqs. were wide stance. Looks like you approved quite a bit on the GHRs already. You"ll be holding a 45 plate on them in no time.Keep up the good work. Ugo
the squats were wide stance. as you know, i'm kind of against wide stance and think the real squatters are the Olympic lifters. yes, the GHRs were much easier today, thanks for noticing. i brought a band with me for assistance, but when i got ready to do the set, i thought it would be good to try it without the band.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #155
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Keep smashing hombre.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #156
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Monday, 3/18: Dynamic Effort Bench

Speed Flat Bench

Setup
  • fat bar (55 lbs.)
  • red bands

9 x 3 x 105-110

DB Flat Bench
2 x max reps x (55/65)

Overhead Cable Pulldowns
3 x 12-15 x 100

Face Pull
3 x 12 x 60

Cable Tricep Press
4 x 12 x ~100

Kettlebell Curl (w/Fat Gripz, curl across front of chest)
3 x 12 x 30

Spider Hand-walk (red band on wrists, pulled taught, walk hands up and down along the wall)
3 x failure

Upper-Body Sled Pull
2 x ~40 yards x 105 lbs.

We couldn't get the Tendo unit to work. Apparently it has different settings for different exercises, and the trainer didn't know how to find the setting for bench. It worked briefly, and I managed to get some sets in, but I was only able to accelerate the fat bar+bands+55lbs. at the appropriate speed. When I put on the same weight I used last week, I got a very low reading -- 0.6 something. So either the machine was on the fritz or I got weaker/slower. Not much I can say/do about it, just gotta keep moving forward.
Dominated the DB presses this week. Last week was incline, but even considering that flat bench is easier, I've made significant gains. I think the main reason is that I never do this exercise, so it took last week's weak session to lay the groove down.
The sled was harder to pull because it rained here today and the asphalt was wet. Pullin' sleds in the rain while wearing Chucks: hardcore, brother
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #157
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Hell yeah, killin it. Have they talked at all about why they like fat bars so much? I have fat gripz, but hardly ever use them. Doesn't seem to make that much of a difference.

Those tendo units seem very cool. I looked them up, and they sell for over $1500. Totally worth it for a gym. More usefull than another stupid pec deck or leg extension machine!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #158
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

they don't use the fat bar often, i just happened to come in on a fat bar wave. they use the conjugate method. they have so many different bars and accessories at this gym that they're able to set up dozens of conjugations for each movement. after today, i don't think the fat bar will come out for bench for weeks if not months.

edit: except for max effort day this week. i get another shot at breaking 315 chain floor press.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 03-18-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #159
Soldier
Max Brawn

Ok, very cool. Thanks. I'm going to be paying close attention to what they have you doing. Programming is one of my greatest interests, and one huge factor is the choice of how often to change from one movement to another. It's all about balance, especially when you have so many toys to choose from!

It's funny, I have a bar, a rack, a bench, weights and chains, and sometimes it's hard for me to choose from all of my options. I can't imagine getting access to so many amazing choices. It's probably for the best that someone else does the programming!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #160
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Haha, I don't know westside well, so it's like your working out in Latin!

Glad you're motivated and making progress!

Is the workout or the environment making the most difference?