Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #31
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I saw Girl Scout cookies. I always save 300 cals a day when I was cutting for something like that, but then again, i wasn't a competitor.
was wonderin when someone would notice!
self-discipline isn't not eating GS cookies, it's not eating an entire sleeve of them in a sitting.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 02-11-2013 at 05:17 AM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #32
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good training man!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #33
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

thanks brother, and thanks for checkin out the log
Old 02-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #34
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

Default Monday, 2/11

First day with some real variation. Been doing high volume squat, DL, and presses. Since today was DL day, I followed the plan I mentioned/asked about in this thread (i.e., low volume DL followed by back-off sets with front squat). The idea is to continue training legs with the back-off FS sets but keep my back fresh with the big volume drop in DL. We'll see how it works. Today felt weird, but not necessarily in a bad way; body's probably just feeling a bit awkward with the variation.

Lower Body Total = 9,725 lbs.*

Deadlift = 4,725 lbs.

a**) 3 x 5 x 315

Front Squat = 5,000 lbs.

a***) 10 x 115/135/115/135

*Volume is down quite low compared to my most recent workouts. All I can say is that it felt like the right amount of volume & intensity today, and I feel good about lifting tomorrow.

**Wanted to aim for something well below my 5-RM (my PB is 375, but I can't hit that now). It seemed like a mistake to go too heavy today. I want to build up these sets of 5 slowly, so today was just getting the feel/rhythm of heavier weights and longer rest pauses between sets. Felt weird compared to the lighter weight/faster rhythm I've gotten used to. I want to repeat this workout -- maybe even the weight -- on my next DL day.

***Based on MikeM's advice in the thread I mentioned above, I was cautious with the 10-rep front squats. I definitely noticed a big dropoff in speed after rep 6, although I was never in doubt of finishing the sets. I'll probably stay at 10 reps for now: it felt good working a bit for the last reps in the last couple sets. We'll see how I feel during tomorrow's back squat workout, though.

Press *= 4,050 lbs.

a) 3 x 10 x 75
b) 3 x 10 x 60

*Felt weak today. Not overtrained or tired but weak. Had plenty of stamina to do multiple sets & reps, and my RCs felt very good, but I just couldn't handle the poundages I felt I should. I can think of some reasons why, nothing major though. I don't care. I've fallen into this trap too often in the past. I have a shitty day at the gym and seem to be moving backwards, so I take time off but end up getting even weaker. Fuck that. I still feel like I'm on the right track; the intensity was there today. I don't care about giant weights on the bar any more, I just want productive workouts and consistency. I still feel like I'm on the right track and still feel pretty fresh. I just need to push through this dip in strength.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 02-11-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #35
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

I think you are on track and identified what has been upsetting your progress.

Stay on it and you'll be there in no time.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #36
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

thanks man
Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #37
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

Default Monday, 2/11 (cont.)

Diet

Appetite's back in full force. I never look at the total calories, so it's always somewhat of a mystery to me how many I got until I make these posts. The total does fluctuate quite a bit as do the macro percentages. I think the carb cravings in meal 6 were from a late bike ride I took, which I don't usually do.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 02-12-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good good work. That attention to detail on every level will pay off.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #39
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

thanks Steve
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #40
SecondsOut
Max Brawn

Default Tuesday, 2/12

Must've caught KD5NFW's squat mind games b/c I had zero motivation to lift today. Ended up being an awesome workout, though. My form, rhythm, and bar speed on squat were excellent, even on the last set of 225. I decided to take 1morerep's suggestion about lengthening rest pauses; I took two minutes between sets. This definitely improved the workout. It felt like an eternity, which means I must've been taking 30 seconds or less between all those high volume sets last week. No wonder I felt like I needed a few lighter workouts.

Squat = 9,675 lbs.*

a) 5 x 5 x 225
b) 3 x 10 x 135

*This or a tad higher feels like where I need to be volume-wise. Felt like I worked hard but still feel strong enough for tomorrow.

Bench Press = 9,525 lbs.

a*) 3 x 5 x 185
b) 10 x 135**/120**/105/105/105/105

*Thought I'd go for 5 x 5, just like squats, but set 3 felt heavier than I would've liked, and my elbows flared up a bit.
**My chest was pumped and primed for some heavy benching, but my tris burned out quickly on these sets. I know it's because I pressed yesterday, which is fine. They didn't feel overworked, just not ready for lots of moderate to heavy lifting. It's pretty interesting that I had to decrease at 120 but felt like I could go all day at 105. I guess your muscles have a lower limit, too, where they can work for long periods of time without fatiguing.

I'm taking tomorrow off because I feel like it'll be a good workout but that if I wait till Thursday, it'll be an epic workout.