sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor
Default Blood, Sweat, and Chalk - Rediscovering Iron and Myself

This is my second lifting log here. I came to the realization that the old log was just that, old news. There was a lot from my very beginnings of real lifting, and that's great. I feel like I'm on a new path now. I don't know if it's a better path yet, but that's part of the journey, finding out. My first go round actually started on my last deployment, so it's only fitting that my new beginning should start in a similar fashion. I hope that this time, when it's time to pack my bags and return to the real world, that I manage to hold onto the passion I'm feeling for lifting right now. I'm fortunate to have the privilege of, not just lifting, but lifting with such a support group behind me. I know that the people who follow me will be proud of what I do, I just hope that I can do something great for myself as well.

Today was the start of a "Starting Strength" style routine. I think the name holds a lot of weight with my current goals, as I'm coming back to the iron game after some serious slacking, and I feel a fresh start is in order. I had a great workout, and I'm seeing great potential already, so long as my gains are as linear as I hope they will be. Food will be my biggest hold up, as I've been finding it difficult to force feed myself the needed amounts of food without crossing the line between worthwhile/junk foods at the dining facility. Time is also sometimes a factor occasionally. There are days where I just cannot get out of work to lift, and after a 16 hour day, will do as much harm as good by lifting. I'll start this new log off right, with a link to the old log for any that are interested, and my first workout.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...erods-log.html

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links