leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

eating more and geting leaner = winner
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #42
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Since I've stopped trying to lose weight, I've been enjoying my grub a bit more, eating some naughty foods and...
I continue to drop weight
Maybe you were eating too little and doing too much cardio. Who knows. Ride it out though!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #43
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I don't think mankind will ever be able to figure out how the body really works. I plateaued on my cut for 2 weeks for no apparent reason.

Perhaps the stress relief when stopping to try to lose had something to do with it. At any rate, solid lifting and eat well!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #44
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Squats 57.5kg - 3 x 12
SLDL 57.5kg - 3 x 12
Bench 47.5kg - 3 x 12
BB Row 37.5kg - 3 x 12
OHP 27.5kg - 3 x 12
Chins* 6, 6, 5 - I did these between exercises like a big 'ol cheat!
Nice numbers Kuyt ... That dropping in the wt. may be because of you new schedule. You are doing quite a no. of exercises and reps in a single session ... keep going brother ...
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #45
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Good.

Just focus on good healthy foods, meats, vegetables, protein shakes and milk. Don't force anything, don't start eating any crap either.

Don't think in terms of bulking/cutting.
Wish you told me that before I had a delicious Belgian chocolate mousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
eating more and geting leaner = winner
Thanks mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Maybe you were eating too little and doing too much cardio. Who knows. Ride it out though!
To be honest Steve, I could go below 170 since I'm still carrying in and around 15% bf (ok it's an estimate but almost all my fat is centralised in the very centre of my stomach and that pisses me off ) I'm not going to ai for anything really weight wise, I'm just going to eat sensibly and continue training and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I don't think mankind will ever be able to figure out how the body really works. I plateaued on my cut for 2 weeks for no apparent reason.

Perhaps the stress relief when stopping to try to lose had something to do with it. At any rate, solid lifting and eat well!
Thanks Jim. The human body is a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Nice numbers Kuyt ... That dropping in the wt. may be because of you new schedule. You are doing quite a no. of exercises and reps in a single session ... keep going brother ...
Thanks for dropping in Ravi, didn't think you had time between eating and smashing PRs

Trying to figure out if Faz is a genius or a sadist (The best coaches are probably both
3x12 on compounds is said to be novice type training but I've noticed that in all the gyms I've been in, not one what I would call novice or even early intermediate does such training. I have also only seen a handful of people squat to depth for 3 plates or deadlift more than 4 plates for dead stop reps so this is hardly a coincidence.
I avoided high reps like this too, like the plague, and it did me no bloody good! Few people do it because it's bloody difficult! This makes it apparent (to me at least) that it must be a good form of training (so I guess Faz is a genius after all )
I notice guys who are either at my not very high strength level or even below doing tricep kickbacks and other various isolation exercises and I know they will have many years of frustrating lack of progress. I don't want to be that guy!

As for training, I'm getting the reps and form is good even during the last couple of reps but as I said, it certainly is not easy. On Monday, I did some sprints (only 4 in my local park to test the waters) and some bodyweight work with push ups, crunches and bodyweight squats and ab wheel. Mainly to get off my arse and away from the desk.

Tuesday
Squats 60kg - 3 x 12
SLDL 60kg - 3 x 12
Bench 50kg - 3 x 12
Row 40kg - 3 x 12
OHP 30kg - 3 x 12
Chins - 7, 7, 6 - 20 reps - Sets done during the session.

Thursday
Squats 60kg - 3 x 12
SLDL 62.5kg - 3 x 12
Bench 52.5kg - 3 x 12
Row 40kg - 3 x 12
OHP 32.5kg - 3 x 12
Chins - 8, 7, 6 - 21 reps - Sets done during session

Sticking at 60kg with squats for Sunday, SLDL is going well as is the bench and OHP is going ok. Need to drop to 35kg for Row as I'm not happy with form and need to stop allowing my elbows to go out during reps. Chins are grinders but I'm adding a rep or two here and there.
It's dawned on me that getting to even 110kg x 5 beltless for squats will take quite a while. Just as well then that I'm patient!

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #46
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Man up, you big homo!

How's the form?

Also how many weeks in are we?

Last edited by Fazc; 02-21-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #47
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Fazc is lots of things Haha

I am also of the opinion nowadays that repwork is necessary to get stronger. JB is having me do some very high reps on some exercises to get the blood flowing, which I never used to do.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #48
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Man up, you big homo!

How's the form?

Also how many weeks in are we?
There are plenty of strong homosexuals you know

Today would be week 3 session 2. Form is good, paying special attention to the last few reps on each exercise where form can go awry if you let it. The exception is the row where I have allowed the elbows to flare out the last 2 sessions.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #49
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Right, push through then. We're going to do a reset in week 4.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #50
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Quote:
Right, push through then. We're going to do a reset in week 4.
There should be orchestral music denoting a sense of foreboding with that statement!
I am happy to do this 3x12 for as long as is necessary btw.