Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevoD View Post
Great Start week one of this upper/lower style at full intensity.

Anyone have a spreadsheet template to track progress with? If not I will figure something out this weekend so my log is more organized. Will also hopefully have pics up by the weekend, just need to take one at some point; this should make tracking progress pretty good with numbers and visuals.

If you get time post this in one of the general forums. There are more than a few guys here who might be able to help.

Keep up the good work.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #22
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Good work on the fullbody DD.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #23
DevoD
New Brawn
Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: Roughly three-four years.
Fav Exercise: Deadlift and Seated Row
DevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Good work on the fullbody DD.
Thanks, has only taken me 3 years to figure out splits are just not that effective for myself!
DevoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:18 AM   #24
DevoD
New Brawn

DevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good postsDevoD has made some good posts

Sorry for the late update, had started a new job this past week along with school but I kept training hard! I smashed some goals on this upper/lower split this week, and tomorrow begins my 3rd week of this 8 week trial. If all continues well I will run this routine until progression stalls.

Anyway here is my lifts for this past week:

Upper:
Flat DB press: 4x6 @ 90's (progress!)
Yates Row: 4x8 @ 175 (smashed!)
Inc BB Press: 3x10-12 @ 125 only repped 10, 8, 8, room for improvement
Chin Up Wide: 3x10-12 @ bodyweight (170 lbs) repped 8, 8, 8 this was progress!
Close Grip Bench: 2x15 @ 115lbs no problem! going up!
BB Curl: 2x12 @ 85lbs fell one rep short on second set, but pounded out one rest pause to get me to 12, on tuesday I had to do 4 rest pauses!
Lateral Raises: 3x12 @ 15 lbs never used 15's before but they felt good! Will add a set this week.

Lower:
Squats: 4x6 @ 215 will be back up to 225 tomorrow then I will progress!
SLDL: 4X10 @ 185 might lighten it up to ease the lower back hammering in this routine
Leg Press 3x12 @ 320 lbs progress!
Leg Extensions: 3x12 @ 130 lbs progress!
Seated Calf Raise: 3x15 @ 55lbs 2 second pause at bottom; had to lighten the weight to get a better result from calf raise. Will continue to progress with my slower tempo on this exercise.

I missed my conditioning jogs this week, but I did play some outdoor hockey instead! If I can replace running with a sport or hill sprints I always will! Progress is taking place, I am most happy with my flat db press as i have never repped 90s before, let alone for 4 sets of 6! Coming off that Powerbuilding Routine for 6 weeks my chest must have gotten stronger. My gym only has DBs up to 110s, never dreamed of using them before, but now thats my goal in 6 weeks!

Diet is still pretty good, drinking the same shake every morning, then mid-morning/mid-day I have my fruit and 400 cals of nuts, then lift, and smash a dinner with a starchy carb source, meat and salad; repeat the meal if hungry, and one more protein shake and milk before bed. Typically runs me around 2500-3000 calories depending on the dinner being repeated or not. Obviously being a carb heavy diet, but mainly from fruit/sweet potatoes/rice etc.

Thanks for the support!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Bam! Congrats. A lot of good progress.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #26
DevoD
New Brawn

Back with my update for week three! Made some good progress again, and I hope after weeks 4 & 5 I start noticing more than strength gains. However I might adjust my squats from 4x6 to 4x10-12 as my deep lower back, more towards my hip sides have been very stiff/tight lately...again.

Upper:
Flat DB press: 2x4 @ 95's, 2x3 @ 95's Progress! But stalled on sets #2&3, would have failed on rep 4
Yates Row: 4x8 @ 185 Progress! Up 10lbs!
Inc BB Press: 3x10-12 @ 125 only repped 10, 6, 6 this week. Drained after Flat DB Press
Chin Up Wide: 3x10-12 @ bodyweight (170 lbs) repped 10, 8, 6 slight progress.
Close Grip Bench: Subbed for overhead extension for 2x12 with 50lbs, bench's were busy, and I wasn't gonna wait around!
BB Curl: 2x12 @ 85lbs nailed all reps finally, but I had to take it to failure!
Power Shrugs (Thursday): 2x12 @ 185, Traps have never been so sore!

Lower:
Squats: 4x6 @ 225 nailed all reps, was a little forward with my form on set 4
SLDL: 4X10 @ 135 (lightened up for my back, got a good squeeze though)
Leg Press 3x15 @ 320 lbs progress!
Leg Extensions: 3x12 @ 140 lbs progress!
Seated Calf Raise: 3x15 @ 60lbs 2 second pause at bottom; good temp, great contractions, nearly collapses from the burn after my last set. Love hammering the calfs at the end with this isolation!

Routine is great, food intake has been pretty consistent, but falls apart to dirty options on the weekend with working nights. Still struggling with the self discipline to get my sprints in once a week, jog once a week, and 20 minutes walking on treadmill after legs.

Only thing is once I progress on my main 1st lift, ex., flat DB Press, it drains me and I find it hard to progress on my other chest lift. It is happening but at a much slower rate. I'll be back with another update next sunday!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Nice progress. That's how it's done.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:36 AM   #28
DevoD
New Brawn

Ok here is some progress so you know where I am at, and what I am trying to change. The pictures show a very slight difference, if at all, with the before on left and after on right. The before was taken around 2 months ago.

Keep in mind I'm only on my 4th week of an Upper/Lower for the first time, and first week of adding in 15-20 minutes of uphill treadmill walking, 8 degrees incline at 3.5 speed after each weight session.

I have a long way to go. This photo is standing with regular good posture, and no flexing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Progress?.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	7708

Last edited by DevoD; 03-08-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #29
DevoD
New Brawn

Here is a current photo of my back. I am pretty happy with my back/bicep progression. Still need to grow some wings, and I have just started implementing serious Power Shrugs in my upper days to build some mountains!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Photo.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	7709

***Both Photos reflect my weight of 171 lbs at a height of 5'11***

I am trying to hit 180 lbs at maybe 12% bodyfat, I would assume at such a level I would have a faint outline of top 4 abs. I understand how to calculate macros for getting to 180 lbs, but how do you go about calculating macros for a bf percentage at a specific weight? Or is that simply not possible, eat for 180 and see what my composition looks like when I arrive?

Last edited by DevoD; 03-08-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #30
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Devo, how scientific do you want to get? Are you measuring supplement macros? You know fish oil caps have fat in 'em!

Just sayin' you're getting too crazy about percentages and this and that.

Sounds like you want to look like Mr. universe all along the way to being Mr universe, and even the actual Mr universe can't do that. It's not a science project. You have ebbs and flows.

Define a goal. weight and look. Or whatever. Then work towards it. See what happens and adjust as necassary.

DO NOT try to be perfect from the first day. Find your Mr. Universe form,not someone else's then hone it in.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote