Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #401
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Big bench numbers. Keep rolling.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #402
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
Bench
wk sets
195-5 220-3 245-5 stopped for shirt wk.

Single Ply Shirt
275-4 295-3 315-2 340-2 360-2
VBar low rows
worked up to 190 -15r 5, sets total

Push Downs
2 sets

Tri's are smoked, they will be growing if i can eat enough.
Strong bench numbers OMP ... How is your shoulder reacting to these numbers ... keep up the great work Sir ...
Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #403
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Nice session OMP.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #404
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Supp: Red Meat
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
Sometimes "shoulder" is bicep tendon or pecs (pec minor esp.)...

Good approach...modify to work with your current condition! There are guys with no legs who can do a sh!tload of pull ups!

Nutrition assault! That's working from the ground up! The body is all cells... A tidal wave is just many small drops of water with some attitude and direction!

LOL @ large animals.

I've seen results with D3 and B Vitamins are always good. Not pushing supplements, but some nutrients are maximized when you combine natural sources with concentrated sources (pills).
Seeing that enthusiasm! A new era dawns!
Well the rt bicep was sore from db bench now the top of my rt shoulder is sore but the bicep tendon feels better, correlation?
Easy to get excited now that I'm able to lift heavier bc the shoulders are feeling much better. Not sure if I should push heavy every week or eow will evaluate as the weeks unfold.
Believe you know some of my thoughts on water, already feel like I'm hitting on all cylinders now only a week into the change in diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Big bench numbers. Keep rolling.
Slow n steady, want to be able to reach my goal this time no set backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Strong bench numbers OMP ... How is your shoulder reacting to these numbers ... keep up the great work Sir ...
The top right one is sore but it was the left one that forced me get out of the shirt/Ram wk and drop the weights drastically.
Week 1 I'll only be using around 300 for sets of 4 reps, shoulders should be fine with this percentage.
Going to start doing some heavy bag drills for cardio, found it also helps speed along recovery for shoulder pains.

Thanks Guys.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #405
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Well the rt bicep was sore from db bench now the top of my rt shoulder is sore but the bicep tendon feels better, correlation?
Hard to say. You're probably a little beat up from elbow to shoulder. Definitely worth some RICE in between sessions and some soft tissue work if you can.

My worst shoulder injury/injuries have been unracking too heavy a weight. The injury occurs during the short "pull over" portion. Good news is, I recovered (though it took a while). I modified my bench set up to prevent it in the future... Instead of unracking with the bar over my face, it's more over my neck to shorten the distance...I also arch hard off the bench so the unrack is more of a decline bench, then I put my butt back down for the set. It's made the unrack much cleaner and easier. Remember, big benchers like you have been tend to have multiple spotters...working at home, you absorb all the risk.

Quote:
Not sure if I should push heavy every week or eow will evaluate as the weeks unfold.
Well, to quote a smart lifter I know...
Quote:
Slow n steady, want to be able to reach my goal this time no set backs.
Quote:
Easy to get excited now that I'm able to lift heavier bc the shoulders are feeling much better.

Believe you know some of my thoughts on water, already feel like I'm hitting on all cylinders now only a week into the change in diet.
These are great news!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #406
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn

OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
Hard to say. You're probably a little beat up from elbow to shoulder. Definitely worth some RICE in between sessions and some soft tissue work if you can.

My worst shoulder injury/injuries have been unracking too heavy a weight. The injury occurs during the short "pull over" portion. Good news is, I recovered (though it took a while). I modified my bench set up to prevent it in the future... Instead of unracking with the bar over my face, it's more over my neck to shorten the distance...I also arch hard off the bench so the unrack is more of a decline bench, then I put my butt back down for the set. It's made the unrack much cleaner and easier. Remember, big benchers like you have been tend to have multiple spotters...working at home, you absorb all the risk.

Well, to quote a smart lifter I know...

These are great news!
The shoulder is already improving just minor pain now. Yea it doesn't help any having to lift off & out I felt comfortable with the weights I wasn't in the rack so no grinder/ high percentage stuff.
JD I'm by no means a big bencher, lifted with too many guys that can Press far more than I ever will just trying to achieve a couple goals I have set. Just clarifying so not to be misunderstood.

Thanks for your support always welcome your insight.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #407
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

I just watched that 430 X 10 deadlift set. That's super-impressive. Monster!

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #408
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

killing it!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #409
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
The shoulder is already improving just minor pain now. Yea it doesn't help any having to lift off & out I felt comfortable with the weights I wasn't in the rack so no grinder/ high percentage stuff.
JD I'm by no means a big bencher, lifted with too many guys that can Press far more than I ever will just trying to achieve a couple goals I have set. Just clarifying so not to be misunderstood.

Thanks for your support always welcome your insight.

Ha!
Your warm up ended with five reps which was 5 lbs less than my 1RM PR!

It's all relative, I guess!

I'm glad you felt good and kept it within tolerance.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #410
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn

Squats
wk set
220-5
255-3
285-12

Leg Ext
230-24,22

GHR's

Left a couple in the tank on squats. Going to deload this time will be starting a new cycle end of next week.

JD; Believe with your wise programming there is much more potential laying in wait for you in the coming months.