ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
Bench ME
CGB
wu's
255-3 285-1,1,1 205-15,14 set up too close last set, hit the rack pin three times

Lat Pulls very light weight
120-25,25

L-Tri Ext.
20+,20+

Not everyday is going to be a pr day.
As soon I realized things were off adjusted my max attempts & changed up the day focused on hypertrophy & form. Started Carb backload diet so energy was off(downed a can a dew when i realized energy levels low).
Have a pinched nerve in hand or forearm not sure where its originating from, grip was weak.
Good notes: I held my elbow in on all sets of CGB today.
Can fat swell up, Major pump today.
Strong CGBP OMP ... You are right not every day is a PR day ... Focus on your form and everything will come along ... keep pushing your limits mate ...
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #82
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Not everyday is going to be a pr day.

As soon I realized things were off adjusted my max attempts & changed up the day focused on hypertrophy & form.
No, but every day is an investment in your overall progress and you made the most of it!

Quote:
Have a pinched nerve in hand or forearm not sure where its originating from, grip was weak.
If it wasn't just hand/arm fatigue, it's probably in the neck if symptoms radiate down the arm.

If it is local pain at the the back of wrist, then that's usually trigger points in forearm extensors....use a thumb to find and massage them out.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #83
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red Meat
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
If it is local pain at the the back of wrist, then that's usually trigger points in forearm extensors....use a thumb to find and massage them out.
That was it,
Outer forearm up by the bicep. Having problems in this area for a while but this appeared to be in my wrist on bench day. When I have it bent back the wrist just felt like needles sticking me in my wrist. Will start icing it again, try not to bang it on a anymore doorways/walls think that's what started it.

Good Call JD

Hips have been bothering me mainly the rt one.
Going down to squat now plan on cutting them high today see if that helps buy me sometime for the Donnie's band work to make a difference.
If it wasn't DE day I would put some more plates on the bar, sigh will just do reps and finish with some good assistance work.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #84
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn

OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Squats DE
Bar-20 10
155-10
245-10
305-10
350-10
385-10 *

GHR's

Incline Situps

*All Squat sets were about 3-4 inches above parallel so I can still squat and give my hips somewhat of a break.
Feel like superman squatting at this height. lol thought about giving 425 a ride for 10 reps but it was dynamic effort day so tossed that notion out of my head.
No knee pain today, makes me consider my knee pain might be linked to my hips, that would be awesome.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #85
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
That was it,
Outer forearm up by the bicep. Having problems in this area for a while but this appeared to be in my wrist on bench day. When I have it bent back the wrist just felt like needles sticking me in my wrist. Will start icing it again, try not to bang it on a anymore doorways/walls think that's what started it.

Good Call JD

Hips have been bothering me mainly the rt one.
Going down to squat now plan on cutting them high today see if that helps buy me sometime for the Donnie's band work to make a difference.
If it wasn't DE day I would put some more plates on the bar, sigh will just do reps and finish with some good assistance work.
Had it myself...for over a year...had MRI, doctors starting to talk about surgery...on accident, I found those spots...massaged both arms for about 5 minutes per night for a few days and it went away completely....

Quote:
No knee pain today, makes me consider my knee pain might be linked to my hips, that would be awesome.
Quite possible...often the pain at a joint is from a dysfunction at the joint above or below...so knee is usually bad ankle or hip. It can also be a muscle connecting the two joints...

If shallow squatting was a relief then I'd guess it's either a tight adductor or hip flexor...some chance it's your piriformis...stand by for my recommended stretches...
Old 03-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #86
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

adductor/groin stretch one... you may not have this ROM, but you will feel the stretch! support your weight with arms and shift weight slightly side to side

adductor/groin stretch two...adductors stretch with internal and external rotation....do this one but only drop one knee at a time. gentle pressure from hand to get more from it.

adductor/groin stretch...do this one leg at a time also...for more fun "slide" and straighten your bent leg while keeping the knee close to the ground...

Hip flexor stretch...this one can be held for a count

Old 03-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #87
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn

Done all of these in the video three times now in two days as per JB's insightful suggestion. I will add what you posted as well. This should kill two birds with one stone wow that's just nothing short of awesome.
Must spread rep before giving......
Thanks JD I'm on it.
Here's the vid

Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #88
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Ah, yes....band assisted mobility is excellent. Elite FTS used to have some really excellent vids too.

Just remember...you need to gain functional mobility for the ROM you need... nothing extreme. Going way beyond what you need is generally counter-productive.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #89
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn

Bench DE
wu's
175-3,3,3,3,3,3

CGB
225-13 or 14 This is down by about 5 reps

CGB
265-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

BOR's
185-20,20,20

Push Downs
2s high reps

Today's training shows signs of using too high of percentages for my recovery abilities, weights are down again.
A bit confusing is I'm adding muscle, suspect its my cns that is taxed allowing me to build mass yet experience strength loss. ??
So believe the correct fix is to drop the percentages and push them back up more slowly this will put an end to these stalls.
Also having a problem with engaging lats for bench I can flex them somewhat once the bar is unracked but not before as stated in many tutorial videos. So more form work, what better time than when using lower percentages.

JB,JD Good news, the hip is well on its way to recovery, thanks guys.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #90
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn

Quote:
So believe the correct fix is to drop the percentages and push them back up more slowly this will put an end to these stalls.
I would agree. Part of CNS overload is the body's perception that it's using too much of it's unlocked reserve. Slow, steady progress is perceived as "safe" and safe unlocks more potential. Still gaining also makes sense since BBing % are usually relatively low with the focus on volume.

Quote:
Also having a problem with engaging lats for bench I can flex them somewhat once the bar is unracked but not before as stated in many tutorial videos. So more form work, what better time than when using lower percentages.
Lats and the other related muscles pull in several different directions. I'd focus on pinching/holding the shoulder blades together without shrugging excessively and you should be solid.

Quote:
JB,JD Good news, the hip is well on its way to recovery, thanks guys.
That's great!!