TEAM MAB
Max Brawn
Points: 3,270, Level: 35 Points: 3,270, Level: 35 Points: 3,270, Level: 35
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 20
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
KCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Superb Squatting KC ... monstrous effort ... keep smashing the wts. buddy ...
Thanks bud!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just reading about those doubles gave me DOMS.
Lol you and me both!

Wednesday 3/13/13 Cube BB Day

DB Military
3x10

Lat pull down
3x10

DB hammer curls
3x10

Rope push downs
3x20

Lat raises
3x12

Cable Flyes
3x15

Thursday 3/14/13 Cube DL Week 8 Opener Work

Deadlift
135x10
225x5
315x3
405x2

Standing pull down abs
3x10
Muscle and Brawn
All American EFX Rep

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX
and they are my own.

KCStrongmanben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #92
KCStrongmanben
TEAM MAB
Max Brawn

KCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributor

Not the cleanest of lifts but after walking the Vegas strip for the past 2 days ill take it lol. Baby powder, a singlet and a Deadlift bar should help
Muscle and Brawn
All American EFX Rep

and they are my own.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #93
KCStrongmanben
TEAM MAB
Max Brawn

Sunday 3/17/13 Squat and Bench Openers

Treadmill
Foam rolling

Squat
135x10
225x8
315x3
405x2
Add belt
Add wraps
640 opener very very easy and buried

Bench
135x10
225x6
275x3
315x2
365 paused
Stopped there. Will open 385

Notes: rest of the week will be stretching, mobility, and light cardio. Feeling good and not beat up at all. Just ready to hit the platform and hit some good numbers. Will be great to hang out with friends as well
Muscle and Brawn
All American EFX Rep

and they are my own.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #94
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStrongmanben View Post
Sunday 3/17/13 Squat and Bench Openers
Squat
135x10 225x8 315x3 405x2
Add belt
495 585
Add wraps
640 opener very very easy and buried

Bench
135x10 225x6 275x3 315x2
365 paused
Stopped there. Will open 385
Very very strong working KC ... Got some superb numbers for openers ... Waiting for you to smash the mee and record some new PRs ...
Old 03-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #95
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Congrats on killing that 640

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #96
KCStrongmanben
TEAM MAB
Max Brawn

Thanks guys! Ready to head down with BigManBigLifting in a couple days and hit the platform. Feeling surprisingly relaxed and good
Muscle and Brawn
All American EFX Rep

and they are my own.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #97
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Nice man
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #98
KCStrongmanben
TEAM MAB
Max Brawn

Saturday 3/23/13 USPA Show-Me State Classic

First of all this training cycle has been very up and down. I had quite a bit of personal and professional travel that put me behind. I also think there are some other factors that I will get into at the end of this.

My daughter and I drove down late Friday night and stayed with a friend near Springfield for the night.

I never sleep well the night before a meet so I woke up around 515 and we got up and went to IHOP for breakfast before weighins. Had some eggs, bacon and pancakes. Nothing too spectacular. Just some fuel and somewhat normal. Didn't want to mess up my stomach for the day.

I arrived at the Howard Johnson around 715 to weigh in at 730 and found out there would be 78 lifters for the day. This was by far the biggest powerlifting meet I've ever been in. Even so, I think Clint did a great job and it ran smoothly. I did hear he is going to cap it at 60 next time though. Weighed in at a svelte SHW and grabbed some coffee and hung out with my daughter until rules.

Because there were 5 flights of squats, 6 flights of benches, and 5 flights of deadlifts I knew I wouldn't be lifting for a while. I was right. I don't think I started warming up until well after 11. Squat warmups were as follows:

135x10
225x5
315x3
405x3
add belt

Opened at 640 and got it easily
2nd attempt 716 miss. Slowed way down going into the hole and it killed my rebound. Not sure why I did this
3rd attempt just didn't have it. Miss
Notes: At no point did I even think I would miss 716. It wasn't that far from the 705 I hit in November and even though the training cycle hadn't been the greatest I figured I could will myself to gut it out. More on this later. On to benches.

After an extremely long break between lifts it was time to bench. Warmups were as follows:
135x10
225x5
275x3
315x2

Opened at 380 and got it
2nd attempt 408 and got it
3rd attempt 418 miss
Notes: Bench was one thing that was hurt from the travel and lack of training. That I have to get with some people that bench better than me. My setup isn't tight enough in training and I'm reinforcing bad habits. Work in progress. On to the deadlifts.

It was every bit of 7pm by the time we were deadlifting. We had started the meet at 10am... I don't need to say I was tired. But, after warming up my deads I did feel ready to go. Warmups were as follows:

135x10
225x8
315x3
405x3

Opened at 644 and got it pretty easily.
2nd attempt 683 which would have been a 5lb PR from last meet and I just didn't have anything left.
Scratched the 3rd

Ok, here's the deal. I have 3 points to ponder on the reasons why my meet turned out the way it did:
1. Most importantly I let myself fall victim to a cookie cutter training program and didn't pay attention to my own personal weaknesses as I have in the past. I should have overhauled and tweaked the program to fit me. This cost me and actually caused me to backslide a bit.

2. I trained to heavy. When I set my percentages up for the program I set them up using 100% of my max. In the past I've alway used 90% of my max. I have no idea why I strayed away from this other than I think I got a little greedy in strength gains and was trying to speed things up.

3. I paid too much attention to higher rep sets instead of to lower rep sets with heavier weights for technique's sake. I know this seems to contradict the above statement but it doesn't. I don't necessarily need to train at 100% of my max to get the work in, but I do think that doubles and triples at 70-90% are needed to hone in technique with enough weight to force your body to work under load.

Moving forward I will be working with a coach for my programming. After thinking about this for the past 24 hours I truly believe that at my current strength level I don't know how to peak for a meet. I have the will, the drive, and the mindset to put the work in, but I need someone to help me put the pieces together. I'm excited about this. I know huge numbers will fall at the next meet.

Lastly, I would like to thank my sponsors for continuing to support me in this sport that I love. Chris Byrd and Supplement Supersource you all have been a great friend and teammate, and I appreciate the products, advice and encouragement. Athletic Xtreme thank you for the fantastic supplements to get me to the next level. Jeremy and Erica with Warfare Clothing thank you for the awesome gym wear and for believing in me. And finally Ken Anderson and Anderson Powerlifting thank you for the amazing gear. Together we will achieve great things in 2013!
Muscle and Brawn
All American EFX Rep

and they are my own.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #99
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Great meet KC ... you got some amazing numbers buddy ... It is almost 1700 ... And the best part is that you know how to improve those numbers ... once again great working ... keep up the good work ...
Old 03-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #100
karim275
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,410, Level: 21 Points: 1,410, Level: 21 Points: 1,410, Level: 21

Training Exp: 10+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: deadlifts & squats
Fav Supp: AX Ultra Reps
karim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributorkarim275 is a dedicated contributor

Good job buddy!!!

www.lanaseggwhites.com

Natural Bodybuilder
USPA Powerlifter & American Record Holder
karim275 is offline   Reply With Quote