Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Nationals won't win themselves
Ain't that the truth. I got quite an awakening in Vegas against some world class compettition. I hope the competition will be good in Richmond. Mike gave me the impression that the Standards of the CPU were pretty high. The website confirmed it. I get the feeling your best will shine when you do have some decent competition. You have the spirit, that's for sure.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #122
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

To be honest, I'm a bit worried that I won't have many in the classic 105kg Junior division to compete against. I know there are a few guys capable of really shining in that division, I'm just not sure they'll make it out or not. Classic lifting (raw) really just started last year or the year before in the CPU, so a lot of the competition is still in single-ply. I'm half considering doing both.

If it happens that the competition is light, I'll just compare myself to the open lifters I'll be one next year anyway! lol

Thanks for the support, Squatter. I think people have been calling you Jim, and since your location is JimGym, I imagine that's your name haha. I'm Dave.

EDIT: On a sidenote, a SUB junior in the CPU squatted 290kg raw in competition last Saturday (the 19th). Crazy.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #123
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Yep, it's Jim! On weekday's I train at home in the JimGym, which I put together a few years ago when I decided to leave my commercial gym and train at 4:00AM at home. I did that for a couple of years. Steve convinced me to compete last year, which changed my life, all for the better. Nothing but good things have happened since for my lifting. I met the crew at my first meet in Vernon, BC last summer. I now train with them on weekends at a powerlifting/strongman facility close to my home.

Really impressed with your lifting form and attitude Dave. Really glad I subbed to your journal here.

Sidenote - man, they just keep building them stronger and stronger!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #124
Paradox
Max Brawn

Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Yep, it's Jim! On weekday's I train at home in the JimGym, which I put together a few years ago when I decided to leave my commercial gym and train at 4:00AM at home. I did that for a couple of years. Steve convinced me to compete last year, which changed my life, all for the better. Nothing but good things have happened since for my lifting. I met the crew at my first meet in Vernon, BC last summer. I now train with them on weekends at a powerlifting/strongman facility close to my home.

Really impressed with your lifting form and attitude Dave. Really glad I subbed to your journal here.

Sidenote - man, they just keep building them stronger and stronger!

Very jealous you've got a home gym set up. My training partner and I often consider it, but we were never sure if either of us would be sticking around the current location for very long. I finally found out I'll be gone in September, and he probably won't be much longer. Anyway, so awesome you have that.

I'll agree. Once I started competing my training had a whole new drive and perspective. As well, getting up in front of crowds is a lot easier now that I've stood in front of one in a singlet :P It's also great for goal setting, etc.

Thanks dude, and likewise. Tremendous positive work going on in your log.

Fuck, it's just ridiculous. I can't even comprehend how one can be so strong at such a young age. I'm sure he's been at it for ages, anyway, but still.

Last edited by Paradox; 01-23-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #125
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Nice perspective Dave. Now I know your name too.

I agree it's amazing what younger kids are doing nowadays, but it is what it is. Guys in the 60's probably thought the same thing when Kazmeir came along. "Holy Crap! How long has this beast been lifting!" HaHa.

Rock on. I'm sure you will get where you want to go.

Oh, and home gyms have their drawbacks too! You don't have to wait for equipment, but you can get interupted by things like the phone, your kids, your wife, whatever. Sometimes I miss the gym as I knew I had that time where no one could find me.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #126
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Nationals won't win themselves
Quote of the day

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #127
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Quote of the day
Word. Dave seems like a dang good guy.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #128
Paradox
Max Brawn

You guys make me blush.

And Mike, that's an interesting perspective. I never did think of that. Honestly, being a single, early twenties male, I probably would just ignore the phone, and none of those other items apply, but that's certainly true. You do need your own time, and if it takes leaving the house, so be it.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #129
Paradox
Max Brawn

Deficit deadlifts
170kg x 4 x 4 sets

Deadlifts
180kg x 3 x 5 sets

Front squats
105kg x 1 x 6 sets

Bench
85kg x 5 x 2 sets
100kg x 4 x 5 sets

DB Bench
65lb x 10 x 5 sets
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #130
Paradox
Max Brawn

Apologies for sitting through my set up and shit. Also, for the camera moving and then falling in the second video lol