Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Maybe Jim. It's just finding the right position to sit into the squat which still bugs me. I'm being critical of myself I think as the 170kg was very deep and looked relatively smooth on camera. But I need the squat to feel as natural as the bench and dead if I'm to push it to 550+.

It doesn't help that I mess around with my squat form almost every session either. But just when I run with one style, it seems to need tinkering...
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #382
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Not an expert as you know. But you still don't seem natural at squatting. It still seems a bit contrived. I don't know if you notice, but you still hit the bottom and pitch a bit forward ever so slightly to get your massive back strength involved.

Same with your "round" back stiff deadlifts. Oh yeah, you round upper, but lower? not so sure. I think you're a natural deadlifter who has honed that lift to something pretty damn phenomenal. Bench is similar, but I think you had to get away from thinking all triceps a bit and just trust your chest muscles more. But they delivered haven't they? Like your quads, now you've given them a chance?

Point is, you are who you are. There is no "perfect" form that someone else did that you can re-create in yourself. You can't squat like JB. Not built for it. He can't deadlift like you, btw. Bottom line is there is only the form you are given and you need to maximize that and minimize your weaknesses.

I think you have done that and are well on the way to doing even more of that. I think your efforts to minimize your weaknesses in your lifts is flat out amazing.

I will never be a great deadlifter, I will work my ass off to minimize those weaknesses, but it is what it is. I can probably never be perfect at that lift. It doesn't suit my natural tendencies. I won't give up, but it is what it is.

I'm not sure you can "perfect" at squats either.

Take this the right way. Just saying what's on my mind here. Not criticizing. You're the man. Everyone knows that.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #383
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Monday 11th March

High Bar Squat, beltless
20kg x 6, 6 60kg x 3, 3 100kg x 1, 1 140kg x 1 170kg x1 150kg x 5, 5, 5

Bench Press
60kg x 3 100kg x 2 125kg x 1 150kg x 1 140kg x 8 PR!

SLDL
60kg x 3 100kg x 2 160kg x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
Strong working Coach ... specially that 310*8 is monstrous job ... take care of the wrist part ... keep smashing the wts. brother ...
Old 03-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #384
I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Great session Fazc even with a wrist issue! Thanks for answering my question about wraps too! Really thinking about all that now! As for your video LOL Instant Replay!!!! I am so glad I wasn't drinking a protein shake. I would of spit it out on my laptop!

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:40 AM   #385
Fazc
Max Brawn

Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Ravi - Cheers! Very pleased with the repping.

Lisa - It's almost instantly one of my most watched videos!

Mike -

I'm constantly telling you, please do criticise my lifts!

I think I get misunderstood sometimes with stuff like this, I'm very happy to discuss my form or someone else's as long as there is some discussion there. What I do take exception to is the type of "you're wrong because this link says so" type of response, with no thought to explanation or individual context, which is exactly what happened a week ago. I think that detracts from the quality of discussion and ultimately wears the board down. I've seen that happen to many forms over the years, debate gets smacked down constantly until 'forum debate' is no more than parroting the current party line of that forum. For that reason I personally think stopping nonsense like that in it's tracks is worth the trade off between a temporary altercation, because long-term it's sends out a stronger message.

To state that again, I don't get offended in the slightest by debate and very much enjoy the type of debate you and I have had, however I do find appeals to authority and ad hominems very tiring and unnecessary for the reasons I've said above. That gets misconstrued a lot as not being able to take criticism, when it's not. Criticism is fine and debate is good, but parroting off one liners without understanding the context of what's being asked is irresponsible. I hope that's clear, like I said at the start of this paragraph I get misunderstood with things like that. It's not the disagreements that I dislike, it's the masked insults, condescending undertones and links without explanation or thought. Unfortunately some people seem only capable of debating in cliches, ad hominems and appeals to authority.

A further shame is that my efforts get misconstrued not just by general posters but by mods as well, but there you go. I like this forum so I'll carry on until I get booted off no doubt.

Quote:
Point is, you are who you are. There is no "perfect" form that someone else did that you can re-create in yourself. You can't squat like JB. Not built for it. He can't deadlift like you, btw. Bottom line is there is only the form you are given and you need to maximize that and minimize your weaknesses.
You're right of course, but don't take me too seriously when I say I'm not happy with my form. I'm not staying up late at night crying myself to sleep or anything! I just mean that some form changes are required. Which is exactly why I'm happy to tell other's their form needs work, 'cos I assume everyone wants to improve.

Quote:
I'm not sure you can "perfect" at squats either.
Aye, all I want is some more consistency in depth. So I can hit that bottom position easily and train my quads enough to stay upright. The rest will come.

The biggest issue at the moment is probably me just ****ing around with my form too much and not being consistent. The style I worked out with Tom in Oldham was fine, I should just stick to that and stop trying to find more efficient way's of doing things. Which I guess, is what you're saying!

Thanks Mike.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:52 AM   #386
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

^^^
Old 03-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #387
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

Crazy strong in here as always.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #388
Fazc
Max Brawn

Ravi, Jen - Thanks

Wednesday 13th March 2013

Stretching
Bodyweight

High Bar, beltless

20kg x 6, 6
60kg x 3
100kg x 3
140kg x 1
155kg x 5, 5, 5

Bench Press, touch n go

60kg x 3
80kg x 3
100kg x 2
120kg x 1
140kg x 5, 5, 5

SLDL, beltless

60kg x 3
100kg x 1
140kg x 1
180kg x 1
200kg x 5, 5, 5

Solid. Last heavy training session before the competition on Sunday, and I'm still in one piece. I'm weighing in 3-4kg below the 105kg weight limit, so I'll be eating and resting normally and just trying to get some sleep going into the weekend. Last session will be a light one on Friday.

Bit behind on videos, I'll do Monday's and today's when I'm back from work tomorrow.

Goodnight.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #389
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Keep smashing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #390
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Very well spoken there Fazc! Your really a class act as you present yourself in such a professional way I think hell would freeze over before Steve ever banned you.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote