IrishHitman
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

2-6-2013

Lifted after work tonight. Skipped the Juggernaut to help with sleep. Forgot log book. Forgot shoes. Kinda a mess.

Deadlift:
255/5
280/4
315/2

Military press:
135/5/4/5

Pullups: 1

Dips: (BW=230)

BW/10/8/7

Busy day today with class and then watching the niece and nephew and then work. Dinner last night: Tomato w/ egg (Something that pretty much everyone in China knows how to make, and it is damn delicious) and steamed white rice. Breakfast this morning: 3 egg Western omelet, hashbrowns, three biscuits with sausage gravy. Lunch: BBQ pork. Mmmm. Dinner tonight: Beef/Chicken Fried rice with hoisin and chili sauce. Dessert of ice cream.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs

Last edited by IrishHitman; 02-07-2013 at 04:38 PM.
IrishHitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #52
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

the food sounds great.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #53
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

My least favorite part about cooking for a living is that I don't have the passion to cook at home like I used to. I'm better when I do it now, of course. I still love cooking, but it feels more of a chore these days. I need to find a lady that makes me cook for her. Haha.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

1 March 2014
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #54
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

A mess, but you hit the hard lifts.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #55
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default 2-11-2013 Heavy Bench

Due to Chinese New Year weekend, I opted for the nap heading into the three day battle on Friday. Rolled the hell out of my ankle right before service Friday, so I have been rocking Chuck Ts and combat boots since then.

No squats today to help ankle heal.

Bench
175/9/8/8

Pendlay Rows
135/8/8/7

DB Curl
30/11/8/7

I finally hit the rep goal for Rows and Curls! Pretty stoked, to say the least. I am considering putting my 20 rep squats at the end of my workout for energy's sake.

2 scoops of juggernaut about fifteen minutes before working out and really felt a change in energy today. I think diluting it today made it easier to choke down. I am still very happy with the gains I am seeing.

1 March 2014
Old 02-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #56
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
I am still very happy with the gains I am seeing.
All good. I just got some in the mail today. Curious to try it.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #57
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default 2-13-2013

2 scoop juggernaut HP mixed with the light blue gatorade. Actually pretty damn tasty like this. Didn't have morning coffee, so the energy boost was very welcome. Still feeling like this supplement does something, and it is something that I like. Thanks again to the guys at Infinite Labs for letting me try it out. You will get my future business.

Deadlift:
275/4, 315/3, 365/1

Shoulder Press:
135/7, 135/5, 135/5

Pull-ups
1 unassisted
3 assisted
3 assisted

Dips

My ankle is still giving me fits, so the calf raises were cut for today.

I am loving the gains and am ready to squat on Friday. This coming week I will be starting some conditioning work on alternating days with my lifting. I will focus mainly on sprint work as I get the low-level type stuff at work. Suicides, stadium steps, and hills will probably be my main three. I am also considering a bit of distance running on lifting days.

Something I am wanting to research a little more is the Paleo diet. It seems pretty intuitive and fairly easy. There are a couple exceptions I would make for myself, though.
1) Shift meal. Due to cultural expectations, I would be very rude to not accept the food my boss gives me at the end of the night. Rice or noodles are always involved, as is the Chinese way.
2) Coffee in the mornings with Half-and-Half. I would modify my consumption to mornings only, though, as this will not only be good for the diet change, but also sleep habits, I am sure. 2 cups, max, and nothing after two.
3) Grass-fed is not economically feasible for me at this time. Trust me, I know how much better it is. I've worked with it a LOT.

I see many benefits with this choice: cost-effectiveness, extra fiber, lower-GI carbs, more fat, and definitely more protein. I would be cutting a lot of JUNK out of my diet, which is definitely good. No sodas (pops, cokes, whatever you wanna call them), no sweets. Just plain good food. And I'm a solid enough cook that I can make this taste good. If anyone has more info or tips for this, I would be very grateful to you.

Thanks again for all of your support, guys. You keep me motivated and wanting to come back for more.

1 March 2014
Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #58
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default Friday 2-15

Squats
275/8/6/6
Close-grip Bench
175/6/4/5
DB Row
50/8/8/8

2 Scoop Juggernaut with about 14 oz of water. Helped the taste a lot. Good pump in my legs doing squats.

Got plenty of sleep last night, but felt terrible today. We got destroyed last night at work (Yay Valentine's Day) and I'm kinda stressed from school. I plan on going in Sunday morning before work to make up the assistance work I missed this week. Kill the abs, get some bro-curls going, maybe some pullovers. It'll be a nice way to start my day.

1 March 2014
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #59
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Solid numbers. Keep crushing it.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #60
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Heavy bench 2-18

20 rep squats at 225. CRUSHED IT.

Bench 175/6/6/4

Not terribly happy with it, but I enjoyed pushing the heavy weight. Kept good form. I suppose I should be happy for that, I just hate not hitting that 20 rep goal. Only four reps to the goal, so maybe next week I'll hit it.

All the bars were taken up, so I opted for T-Bar rows today. I love the Pendlay rows, but T-Bar was a nice change.

90+whatever the thing weighedx3x8

I had a test to take and was running late, so assistance work is probably gonna happen tomorrow as far as abs and curls. I am also planning on going to my old high school's stadium and running some steps. Here's hoping for some puke tomorrow morning!

1 March 2014