ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Superb results at meet and very very strong session afterwards IH ... keep up the great work brother ...
Old 07-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #442
Hunterace
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
Thanks, Ben. We need to get you on a platform soon!

Rolling on BIG again for legs. Week four.

Barx2x8
145x2x8
235x4
325x4
Add belt
415x6
455x3x6

Wide stance squats
Back was still tight from Saturday and my legs were burnt up.
225x4x8

Hung it up and ate some pizza. Gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

Double at work today, CPAT on Thursday, so no lifting till after that.
Great work IH! Told you in the shout box how awesome your meet was, and great that squat vid is, but congrats again! Strong work again!!!

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #443
IrishHitman
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Superb results at meet and very very strong session afterwards IH ... keep up the great work brother ...
Thanks, Ravi. Ain't no sense in stopping, Y'know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work IH! Told you in the shout box how awesome your meet was, and great that squat vid is, but congrats again! Strong work again!!!
Thanks, Hunter. Six months ago I was just "trying to get in shape," but now I have found my true love and hobby. I am proud of you for hopping on that platform Saturday. You and Jimbo and everyone else here gives me such inspiration.

Taking today easy after working a double yesterday and I have the CPAT for firefighting tomorrow. Gonna eat big and soak in the tub for a while tonight while hydrating a lot. Gonna pound some emergen-c beforehand as well as gatorade. Eat a good breakfast and all. Will let you guys know how things end up!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #444
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast
Default 7/25 CPAT and 7/27 DEATHLIFTS WITH EDDY

So, recap of the CPAT: It was a bust. Didn't make it past the first event (Stair climber for 3 minutes at 60 steps/minute with 75 lbs. on). I was feeling great. I only had 40 seconds to go apparently. I hung it up. Not for physical reasons, but for mental reasons. Being a firefighter isn't something I'm sure I really want to do. As I was moving on the stepmill, I was going nowhere. And I felt that as a metaphor for my life and how the past 6 years have been. I went into college a physics major, changed to secondary education, changed to English, dropped out to go cook, have been doing that for 3 years while also getting back into school to set myself up for better success with a general business degree this past January. I would have a couple years left on my degree if I were to just hit it hard and not let anything distract me.

I feel like dropping out of college to be a firefighter may not be the right choice. I have a skill set, and I'm pretty damn good at what I do. I needed away from fine dining to realize how awesome it is. I came back to school to set myself up better for owning my own place or running someone else's one day. I am thinking this is the way to go. Time will tell, I just need to do some deep thinking on it.

Now for good news!
7/27 Deadlifts using the Ed Coan program
Monday was the last day lifting happened and I could tell!
Squat warmup
Barx2x8
145x2x8
235x4

Deadlifts (From floor, Conventional)
135x5
225x4
315x3
Add Belt
405x2
435x2
Going for speed
345x3x8

Circuit-style
Stiff leg Deadlifts: 265x2x8, 265x1x5
Pendlay Rows: 225x2x8
Lat Pulldowns: 187.5x8, 150x8 (Lat Pulldowns are kinda weak. Will get better quickly, I hope, as I continue to do them)
Good Mornings: 215x2x8

The circuit was supposed to be three rotations, but I got done with that last set of Stiff Legs and called it.

Adductor Machine: 110x10, 150x2x15
Abductor Machine: 110x8, 90x10, 90x16

Using these machines to get things strengthened up for going sumo on advice from one of the judges at the meet. Said it worked for him, so I'm gonna see how it goes. Training conventional until probably 3 or 4 weeks from competition.

Felt good to be back in it. I was getting kinda antsy not training!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

1 March 2014
Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #445
Hunterace
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn

Great work IH! Strong pulls as usual! That circuit sh!t looks way to crazy for me though, lol, but you smashed! As far as not be a firefighter, no biggie, at least you know it now vs later! Like you said, you need to do some serious thinking! But I noticed you said you were good at and how awesome the food business was...seems like you have your answer there. If you are good at something and like or love it, you're way ahead of most people working on this planet! At least that's what I see, but don't listen to me ! Far as lifting goes, you're doing awesome, keep smashing everything bud!!!

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #446
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default Squats 7/31 and Bench 8/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work IH! Strong pulls as usual! That circuit sh!t looks way to crazy for me though, lol, but you smashed! As far as not be a firefighter, no biggie, at least you know it now vs later! Like you said, you need to do some serious thinking! But I noticed you said you were good at and how awesome the food business was...seems like you have your answer there. If you are good at something and like or love it, you're way ahead of most people working on this planet! At least that's what I see, but don't listen to me ! Far as lifting goes, you're doing awesome, keep smashing everything bud!!!
Thanks for the kind words, Hunter. Existential crises are just the best thing ever!!

Good things are happening lately.

7/31-Squats
Barx8
145x8
235x4
325x4
415x4
455x4
505x2x4
505x5

Narrow Stance Squats
325x2x6
285x2x6

8/1-Bench
Barx8
135x8
225x2x10

Close-grip (paused)
195x2x10

Wide-Grip
135x2x10

Incline
165x10
165x8

Was going to try pressing 225 to burnout, but I was smoked by the end of everything else.

Training partner got word today of a meet on Nov. 2 sanctioned by the APC. It's gonna be about a 3.5 hour drive, so there may be an overnight stay involved. I might hit up a couple folks I used to work with as they live along the way. This would be my first full meet and I'm pretty pumped. I'm gonna sit down and plan out a solid training cycle so I am ready to rock and roll in twelve weeks. I honestly see nothing stopping me from hitting close to 1600. I know I can hit a 605 squat, I am just an inch away from a 550 deadlift, and with some hard work, that 350 bench could be in sight.

As of now, my planned openers are going to be a 550 squat, 315 bench, and a 500 deadlift. This is DEFINITELY subject to change, but I want to feel comfortable hitting each of these or more for a triple by the time November rolls around.

I am going to throw in on Steve's conditioning challenge. Don't know exactly what I'll do yet, but I need to shed some of this fat. The Bulk has been fun, and I'll probably still hit up most of a gallon of milk every day, but eat to satiety as well. Knowing when to say no is something I hope to get better at.

1 March 2014
Old 08-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #447
Hunterace
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn

Great work IH! Strong training like always! Can't wait to see you smash that meet!!!

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
Old 08-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #448
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default 8/3/2013 Deadlifts

Squat warm up
Deadlift from the floor warmups
Double from the floor: 465. Felt really good
Speed work: 8 triples @ 375. Used Versa Grips

Circuit work
Stiff Leg Deads: 275
Pendlay Rows: 225
Lat Pulldowns: 162.5
Good Mornings: 235
All done for three sets of 8

Hip adductor and abductor were kinda supersetted
Adductor: 110x15, 120x12, 130x12, 140x12
Abductor: 110x12, 90x15, 100x15, 110x12

Fasted workout this morning which was starting to kinda suck, but I had a nice big breakfast with hashbrowns, three egg omelet with onions, sausage, ham, cheese, and bacon, and a biscuit.

Everything felt pretty good for being so damn early in the morning. Tomorrow I'm probably gonna throw in some shoulder work between shifts at work and then take Monday for rest and squat Tuesday. I'll be restarting at eights again, so we will see how it goes. Thinking about picking up a puke bucket to put next to the squat rack

1 March 2014
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 AM   #449
I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Sorry I have been out of the 'Loop' and missed a lot here Irish. Looks like you are getting STRONGER. Sorry the firefighting didn't work out, but it sounds like there is a reason. Better things to come. I think you have quite a skill and I could totally see you running or owning your own restaurant. You know Larissia Reis has the Protein House. Just a thought you could one day open one for powerlifters?: SIGH.... sometimes my mind wanders.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #450
Hunterace
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn

Great work IH! Keep smashing it all!!!

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log