Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #401
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WILL View Post
Doing great Irish! Love the video and photo of you post meal.
Nutrition Beast approved? All right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
Made easy work out that 500!, your chasing the elusive 650 , like myself...lol

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
Haha. Yeah buddy. It's gonna be sweet when we get it!

I don't know if I mentioned this in my post, but 500 was my biggest 1RM in high school. One of my goals getting back into lifting was to return to my strength levels from playing football. Well, I have done that, and then some. 275 was my biggest bench and we never deadlifted, so, yeah. I'm on to bigger and better things!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
IrishHitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #402
Tannhauser
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Bloody hell, you're strong. That 500 flew up. Three times.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #403
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast
Default 7/1 Deathlifts on Int'l Bench Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Bloody hell, you're strong. That 500 flew up. Three times.
Let's just get that bench up and I'll be posting 1600 in December!

Squat warmups
Bar/6
135/8
225/12
135/6 super paused to stretch everything out

Pulled from rubber 45s, about 3-4 inches of height, all sumo.
135/ 6?
225/5?
315/4
405/2
455/2
495/2
515/2
545/miss (got it off the plates, but my hips were too high)

Sumo is seeming to work out well for me. Form will come with more practice, but it feels a lot more natural and a whole lot stronger. Gotta tighten up on set up a little better. It'll be there by December.

Deficit deads standing on 2 plates
405x4
315x7

Lat pulldowns
175x7
150x10
150x9

Hammer strength rows
90 pounds each side
2x12 single arm

Starting Thursday I'll be restarting BIG on squats and deadlifts and switching bench to Ed Coan's program after the meet on the 20th. Nothing's wrong with the BIG program's bench portion, nothing at all! I've seen some great gains. This is more or less to work better with my training partner(s), not just program hopping for the sake of hopping. Looking forward to board presses tomorrow. 19 days out! Woo!!

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

1 March 2014
Old 07-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #404
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
Squat warmups
Bar/6 135/8 225/12 135/6 super paused to stretch everything out

Pulled from rubber 45s, about 3-4 inches of height, all sumo.
135/ 6? 225/5? 315/4 405/2 455/2 495/2 515/2 545/miss (got it off the plates, but my hips were too high)

Deficit deads standing on 2 plates
405x4 315x7

Lat pulldowns
175x7 150x10 150x9

Hammer strength rows
90 pounds each side
2x12 single arm
Very very strong pulls and Deads IH ... keep up the great work buddy ...
Old 07-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #405
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Great deadlift session. Big deficit pulls.
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #406
I WILL
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Exciting stuff going on in here. Your new training partner sounds great too.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #407
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default 7-2-2013 Bench Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Very very strong pulls and Deads IH ... keep up the great work buddy ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
Great deadlift session. Big deficit pulls.
Thanks guys. I'm slowly getting there. Really loving pulling Sumo, but my hip is a little tight and sore today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WILL View Post
Exciting stuff going on in here. Your new training partner sounds great too.
Charlie's a good guy and really pushes me hard. I'm excited to return the favor on Thursday with Squats

We set some PRs today and I don't feel terribly worn out from it. I'm worn out from last night as well as putting up the delivery at work today. Pulling the 100 pound bags of rice and 50 pound bags of sugar off the floor was something I didn't really want to do. Haha.

Bar/?
95/? (Thinking I'm at a point where I just won't bother with throwing a quarter on during warmups from here on out)
135/7?
225/7? with the RAM (Just to keep the flow going, I've not been writing down warmups while working them)
Add Belt and 3 Board
275/3
315/3
Add Wrist Wraps
335/3
365/3
385/1 (just having fun with this one. Wanted to feel that heavy weight)
315/6 with Ram

We called it after this as we were kinda burnt from yesterday and we're trying to maintain and avoid injury till after the meet. Charlie is at the station tomorrow and I have the CPAT, which I plan on doing a video review of depending on how it goes. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Charlie's wife was working with us today and holding boards for us, which was pretty fun. Charlie hit a big 475 single off the 3 board and his wife hit a big 135 single off the 3 board. Even with the intensity going up, I'm enjoying kinda backing off a little and having fun with the big weights. The higher volume feels a lot more like work.

I'm looking to hit 350 at this meet, but will be happy with anything 320 or better. I'm just staying healthy and trying to keep enough calories flowing in.

1 March 2014

Last edited by IrishHitman; 07-02-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #408
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
Bar/ ? 95/? 135/7? 225/7?
Add Belt and 3 Board
275/3 315/3
Add Wrist Wraps
335/3 365/3 385/1 315/6 with Ram
Strong benching brother ... keep pushing your limits buddy ...
Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #409
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default 7/3 CPAT, 7/4 Liberty skwats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Strong benching brother ... keep pushing your limits buddy ...
Thanks, man. I am actually learning to love the bench. Working with other strong benchers is helping that.

7/3 was the CPAT exam at the fire college. About a minute into the first event (stair stepper with 75 pounds for three minutes at sixty steps per minute), my quads started cramping. I made it to the next to last event (dummy drag), but my legs just weren't wanting to get down to grab the harness. Next Thursday I will be retaking it and my hydration, cardio, and nutrition will be more on point.

Started off the day with some high volume squats. I am restarting the BIG program with Charlie so we can get his squat up. I thought the poor joker was gonna puke! Overall, it was good, though.

Warmups happened.
Add belt
345x8
Add Knee wraps
385x3x8

Narrow stance
225x3x8
My legs were burnt from yesterday and from the working sets that the 225 felt kinda heavy. Really focused on blood and recovery and stretching with this.

SuperSet Leg curls/leg extensions 3x20. Don't remember weights, but mostly did it for the pump.

1 March 2014
Old 07-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #410
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default 7-5-2013 Bench Doubles 2 weeks out

Today I felt like ass. Work was... interesting. Nothing awful but there was a lot to do. I'm still pretty worn out from Wednesday and yesterday.

Warmups happened.
275x2
add belt and wraps
315x2
325x2 (second rep was good, first didn't come off the chest too well)
315x1

Close-grip 225x6
Wide-grip 225x6

Got my singlet and KLA 4000 wrist wraps in from Anderson and am pretty happy with them. I have one heavy bench day left, so I will train in the wrist wraps for that to get a feel before competition.

1 March 2014