IrishHitman
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast
Default Monday 1-28

I didn't sleep very well last night, and actually, the whole weekend. It's amazing what a nasty breakup can do to sleeping habits.

I only did 1.5 scoops of Juggernaut HP and still got a great pump. I am not noticing the focus or energy increases very much, if at all. I'm already highly caffeinated, so I may just not notice it due to that.

Squats
Warmup: 95/10; 115/9; 135/9; 155/5; 175/5
Set 1; 185/7
Set 2: 185/7
Set 3: 185/7

Gonna bump it up 10-15 pounds next week.

Close-grip Bench
Warmup: Bar/12; 65/9; 85/8; 105/7
Set 1: 135/8
Set 2; 135/8
Set 3: 135/8

I'm probably gonna bump this up 20 pounds next week.

DB Row
Set 1: 40/8
Set 2: 40/8
Set 3: 40/9

I dunno where that last rep came from, but I won't complain! Will probably go up 5-10 for next week.

Bar curl
Set 1: 65/10
Set 2: 65/6
Set 3: 65/5

I get to try that one again next week. I think exhaustion was setting in.

Still feeling good gains, so I know something is happening. My diet is good as my boss feeds me after every shift and I eat a good bit during the day. I'm not keeping track of the specifics, I'm just eating till I'm full when I feel a little hungry and pounding water and whole milk.
IrishHitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I didn't sleep very well last night, and actually, the whole weekend. It's amazing what a nasty breakup can do to sleeping habits.
Been there done that. Just glad to see you still smashing it in the weight room instead of at the bar.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #33
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Been there done that. Just glad to see you still smashing it in the weight room instead of at the bar.
Heh. Been there, done that. It's too damn expensive and time is too precious.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #34
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

doing real good,how you liking the routine ?
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #35
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

I do enjoy it a lot. I've never really done a fullbody routine before. In high school for football we did upper and lower split and I tried a split training different groups every day of the week for a while. I didn't see near the gains I wanted to with that, but the split we did in high school was great. Of course, the gains probably had something to do with growing at that point anyways.

The fullbody is a challenge because you are doing EVERYTHING 3 days a week. I like getting to squat twice a week as that is, honestly, my very favorite exercise. I am not too many workouts in, but, as mentioned earlier, I am already seeing gains in size and strength. I plan on sticking with this for at least six months. I may need to change it up after that if I stop seeing gains or get bored. July is my evaluation point, though.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

1 March 2014
SQUAT: 650 lbs
BENCH: 340 lbs
DEADLIFT: 580 lbs
TOTAL: 1570 lbs
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #36
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post

The fullbody is a challenge because you are doing EVERYTHING 3 days a week. I like getting to squat twice a week as that is, honestly, my very favorite exercise. I am not too many workouts in, but, as mentioned earlier, I am already seeing gains in size and strength. I plan on sticking with this for at least six months. I may need to change it up after that if I stop seeing gains or get bored. July is my evaluation point, though.
I hope you do. It was a real pain for me to crossover to fullbody, but at some point I found it hard to go back to splits.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #37
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Good,i have always liked the fullbody and the regular squatting that goes with it.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #38
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

This is a real solid program, Steve. Thank you so much for putting it together. For three hours a week, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."

1 March 2014
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #39
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

I haven't really talked about any goals on here, and I think that is a bad thing. As mentioned before, I am healthy in pretty much all aspects. Blood pressure is good, cholesterol, testosterone, etc. are all at really good levels. I have had sleep apnea for a while now and do the CPAP therapy, which helps. In short, I'm not lifting for immediate health benefits.

My goals are based on high school 1RMs and I want to reach them by the end of April.
Squat: 500#
Bench: 250#

I have no doubt I can get those two. I have never really deadlifted, so I don't quite know how to set my goal for that lift. Any recommendations?

1 March 2014
Old 01-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #40
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Well I would say aim for at least a 550 deadlift at about a 500 squat. There will be a form learning curve, but once you get your form solid you should expect to deadlift more than you squat.

Your squat will only help your deadlift. You are probably pretty strong on the deadlift already.