IrishHitman
Max Brawn
Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51 Points: 6,200, Level: 51
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Chili Oil
IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

This week got a little screwed up due to the U closing on Monday and yesterday having too much going on. Tomorrow I am back at it and I will post last Friday's log tonight after work.
IrishHitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #22
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

IrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beastIrishHitman is a lifting beast

Friday 1-18

Squat
Warmup: 95/8, 115/7, 135/7, 155/5
Set 1: 175/8
Set 2: 175/7
Set 3: 175/6

Close-Grip Bench
Warmup: Bar/15, 75/8, 95/7
115/9
115/9
115/10

NOTE: I was slinging weight on this. Good form, yes, but the weight was too light. I'm going to make bigger increases for next week.

DB Row
Set 1: 40/7
Set 2: 40/7
Set 3: 40/9

Bar Curl
Set 1: 45/9
Set 2: 45/9
Set 3: 45/8

As mentioned above, this week got kinda screwed up with MLK day and a lot going on yesterday. Tomorrow Will be the first day using Juggernaut. It arrived today, Pink Lemonade flavor. It tastes a little better than it smells, but I may remedy the taste thing by using less water. I am doing a dry run today to see how my body reacts to it (any bowel discomfort, etc.).
Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #23
kennknee
Max Brawn
Points: 2,316, Level: 29 Points: 2,316, Level: 29 Points: 2,316, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 18 months
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench Press with chains
Fav Supp: Juggernaut HP pre workout
kennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributor

That 's a decent of volume my friend. Nice work!

Is there a specific program that you are following? I noticed that you hit quads, triceps, back, biceps, and abs this time. What's the plan for your next workout?

+++ Infinite Labs Rep +++

http://www.infinitelabs.com

http://infinitelabsstore.com

@MrThreeSixtee on Twitter

Please check my Workout Log:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...t-welcome.html
kennknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #24
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

I am following this workout: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/wor...y-workout.html

It's really solid and I have already gained size and lost around my waist. I don't have official measurements, but I can feel it in the neck of my shirts getting tighter and having more slack when I tie my apron around every day. I'm not doing any planned cardio, just the walking around campus that is required.

It is amazing what a difference there is between working out at 250#-265# body weight and 220# body weight.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck with the bench increase. Smash on.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:16 AM   #26
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Bigger lifts,smaller waist!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #27
kennknee
Max Brawn
Points: 2,316, Level: 29 Points: 2,316, Level: 29 Points: 2,316, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 18 months
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Bench Press with chains
Fav Supp: Juggernaut HP pre workout
kennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributorkennknee is a dedicated contributor

Ok, solid workout protocol.

What a great feeling to have your clothes fit different. I walked around work yesterday feeling like my chest and shoulders were balloons.

TRAPS>ABS, amiright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
I am following this workout: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/wor...y-workout.html

It's really solid and I have already gained size and lost around my waist. I don't have official measurements, but I can feel it in the neck of my shirts getting tighter and having more slack when I tie my apron around every day. I'm not doing any planned cardio, just the walking around campus that is required.

It is amazing what a difference there is between working out at 250#-265# body weight and 220# body weight.

+++ Infinite Labs Rep +++

http://www.infinitelabs.com

http://infinitelabsstore.com

@MrThreeSixtee on Twitter

Please check my Workout Log:
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...t-welcome.html
kennknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #28
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Damn straight, dude. Doc says I need to lose weight, but I'm thinking gaining may be more fruitful as I continue a career of snatching up rice bags from the floor

I may not have the abs or defined biceps like the D-Bags at the U's rec center, but my tree-trunks (still there from playing high school football) beat their bird legs any day of the week.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
Damn straight, dude. Doc says I need to lose weight, but I'm thinking gaining may be more fruitful as I continue a career of snatching up rice bags from the floor

I may not have the abs or defined biceps like the D-Bags at the U's rec center, but my tree-trunks (still there from playing high school football) beat their bird legs any day of the week.
Can always lose that fat after you have muscle.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #30
IrishHitman
Max Brawn

Default Friday 1-25

Due to the taste of the Juggernaut HP Pink Lemonade, I mixed it with some gatorade to see if it would help. It really didn't. I did two scoops about 20 minutes before starting my workout. The pump was really great. Energy and focus weren't noticeably different, but I could see a difference in the mirror and it definitely felt as if my muscles were trying to force their way out of my skin.

Squat:
Warmups: Bar/10; 95/7; 115/8; 135/6
This was supposed to be a 20 rep set, but I only got 15 in with 205 and had to take a 20 second break before I did the final 5. I probably overshot my weight a bit, but will back it off and try again this week.

Bench:
Warmup: Bar/8; 65/10; 95/10
Set 1: 155/7
Set 2: 155/7
Set 3: 155/6

Should I be increasing my weight for this, Steve? Or should I wait until I do over the 20 rep goal?

Pendlay Row:
Set 1: 135/6
Set 2: 135/5
Set 3: 135/5

I really do like this exercise a lot. I'm thinking I will try 135 again this week. Should I back off a bit, though?

DB Curl:
I screwed things up when I was planning this out, so I didn't really get an accurate idea of what I need to do. I realized, looking at the previous time I did this workout, that I didn't reach my rep goal, but only after doing the first set.
Set 1: 45/5
Set 2: 30/10
Set 3: 30/6
Set 4: 30/5

I am going to do 30 again this Friday and see if I reach my rep goal for it.

Crunches
Set 1: 20
Set 2: 17
Set 3: 17

We had a busy night at work, which I was thankful for the next day. It always helps the soreness.