Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Good work Soldier. With taking the SDrol, you not ever tempted to just jump on the injectables?
I would pin tomorrow if I could get some stuff, to be completely and utterly honest. I know somebody who had some experience and he said he actually got his best results from older s-drol, so I decided I'd give it a try instead of racking my brain trying to find a source. The only real issue I'm having with the orals is the retarded lower back pumps, which I'd avoid with injectables. I also don't have to worry about getting needles and all that crap.

I'm going to complete this cycle, then look into maybe something tren based for a cutting cycle. The same English complany I got my SD from also has something called X-tren which is supposed to be good for cutting. If I come across a source at some point I'll look more into pinning.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #82
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Big PR. Congrats.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #83
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Thanks BTB. My bench is responding really well to my current training.

Squat day today. I'm still working on my form, trying to figure out what works best for me. I think an extremely wide stance isn't going to work, but wide is still the way to go for me. Everything today was done super wide, until I got to the box squats, where I decided to experiement and pull my stance in slightly. I was able to get just as low, but much more comfortably. The super wide stance is killing my groin. I'll figure it out.

Super wide stance squats-
45x5
135x5
225x5
255x3
285x3
315x3
315x3
315x3
275x5

Super wide stance box squats on a 14" box-
225x10

Slightly less wide stance box squats-
225x10

Even slightly less wide stance box squats-
185x10

When I bring my stance in just a little (only a couple inches) I can get more rebound out of the bottom. It feels much better, so I'm going to go with it for now. During the box squats I kept my shins straight up and down, pushing my ass back and knees out. It feels strong, I just have to keep working on it so I can trust it when I get real weight on my back.

My squat is not coming along as fast as my bench. I know the strength is there, I just need to get my form engrained and keep working at it. This session was not easy. My back pumps were going strong, and my shoulders hurt trying to hold the bar low after such heavy benching yesterday. I know I'm pushing my body harder than ever, but this is the time. I'm not holding back.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #84
Soldier
Max Brawn

I benched 315 tonight. I'll admit there was a little bounce off the chest, but I did it. And I'll be damned if I'm going to give all the credit to the superdrol. I worked my ass off for this.

After I got 315, I did sets of 275. I got 275x5, then 275x4x2, all of which are PR's. My shoulders are starting to hurt some, so it'll be a few days off of bench, during which I'm going to get some extra shoulder and back work in.

And now, pizza.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #85
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Solid work. 315, and 275x5 are no joke.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #86
Soldier
Max Brawn

I'm pretty stoked about it.

I tried out a different gym on post yesterday. They just opened a crossfit style gym, so I hit it up. They had awesome stuff. Bounce plates, chalk, a prowler (a knock-off, but it still worked), a REAL ghr, and lots of other fun stuff.

I did power cleans, working up to 245. Not bad considering I haven't done a real power clean with bounce plates since high school, over 10 years ago. After that I did sumo speed pulls super-setted with some GHR's, then pushed around the prowler.

GHR's are AWESOME. Now I know why everyone loves them so much. I've never felt my glutes and hams like that. I worked up to 6 plates on the prowler, and considering I was pushing it around a floor with matts that grabbed onto the sleds, it was really hard work.

I'm going to be making more trips to this gym, for sure.

I'm not doing crossfit though. Hell no. I like the movements they use, but the programming is retarded.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #87
Soldier
Max Brawn

I've decided to switch up my diet some. I'm not going to bulk anymore, but I'm not going to start cutting either. I'm going to start monitoring my diet more and seeing how my body reacts, instead of eating everything in sight like I've been doing. My diet has been extremely high in fat, which has been lots of fun, but it's all been a bit much.

I had 5 eggs, an apple, a banana, and 1.5 cups of 2% milk for breakfast. Part of me is looking forward to being in control of my diet, but another part of me really likes just eating lots of good, tasty food. It's all part of the process. All I know is, I want to be strong, but I need to keep my bodyweight much lower. I think I'd rather be strong for my size and still be able to run and move well than just be really strong.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #88
Soldier
Max Brawn

Evidently I've been eating a TON of food. I'm keeping it light today, to 2500 cals, and it's much less than I've been eating. I'd estimate that I've been eating 3500-5000 calories a day for the last few weeks. I'm going to keep it at 2500 for the next few days and see how my body reacts.

I also need to test myself on deadlift to see if I've improved my max. Hopefully I'll pull at least 425, but infortunately I don't have that much weight at the house, so I'll need to go to a gym to max.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #89
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I'm pretty stoked about it.

I tried out a different gym on post yesterday. They just opened a crossfit style gym, so I hit it up. They had awesome stuff. Bounce plates, chalk, a prowler (a knock-off, but it still worked), a REAL ghr, and lots of other fun stuff.

I did power cleans, working up to 245. Not bad considering I haven't done a real power clean with bounce plates since high school, over 10 years ago. After that I did sumo speed pulls super-setted with some GHR's, then pushed around the prowler.

GHR's are AWESOME. Now I know why everyone loves them so much. I've never felt my glutes and hams like that. I worked up to 6 plates on the prowler, and considering I was pushing it around a floor with matts that grabbed onto the sleds, it was really hard work.

I'm going to be making more trips to this gym, for sure.

I'm not doing crossfit though. Hell no. I like the movements they use, but the programming is retarded.
I'd love to have access to that equipment.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #90
Soldier
Max Brawn

Hopefully I'll be able to convince my platoon Sgt to let me go there during the workday, instead of the lame gym we've been going to.

I did some more bodybuilding type upper body stuff tonight. No chest, just shoulders and back. I've discovered a few more things that work really well. Nothing revolutionary, just better ways to do things now that all I have is what's in the garage.

I need to put more focus on abs, back and biceps. It feels wrong to say that. God, the Army is turning me into some BB.com poser. But I need to get my situps up, and strengthen my biceps and back so I can climb ropes better.

Today when I got home, I grabbed a diet soda instead of my normal afternoon meal. A little while after that I actually got light headed. I was really freaking hungry, even though I had 700 cals for breakfast and 600 for lunch. I've gotten used to eating a massive amount of calories in the last month. I need to take advantage of this. Instead of fading into a cut, I need to get into it right away while my metabolism is up. I know, it's not normal to do that while still on a compound like Sdrol, but this needs to happen. I just can't keep gaining weight.