OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red Meat
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManBigLiftin View Post

nothing I do, do i think will over tax my recovery. the mind is weak - BUT the body however is almost literally impossible to overtrain - the russians prove this. i was light simply because i was gassed, and i had some back pumps coming on - i am just upped my dosage of Taurine so hopefully this helps my back pump issues greater. i need to really hit these secondary movements...

And i would never do a 10+ rep set other than warming up. Another one of those beliefs, staying in that 8-10 ranger, with moderate to heavier weight, will not only put on muscle, but i can obtain some strength from it as well. Coach achieved a miracle getting me to do anything over 5 to behonest. Last 2 cycles we did nothing over 3, except in the early early parts of the training (back in november/december) did we do reps of 5

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts Jeff.
May not agree with some of the points you used but respect the results your producing with those principals put in play right now.
I'm being forced to adapt my training just can't recover like when I was younger and walking the line of gains and injury is constant.
A little assistance would fix recovery issues I know for a fact. It would greatly change my stance on the Russian point but old and natty even with a strong mindset throws a big wrench into the concept from my perspective.

Go take that 2100 raw total Big Man.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #472
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,904, Level: 26 Points: 1,904, Level: 26 Points: 1,904, Level: 26
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: chocolate milk
BigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
Appreciate you sharing your thoughts Jeff.
May not agree with some of the points you used but respect the results your producing with those principals put in play right now.
I'm being forced to adapt my training just can't recover like when I was younger and walking the line of gains and injury is constant.
A little assistance would fix recovery issues I know for a fact. It would greatly change my stance on the Russian point but old and natty even with a strong mindset throws a big wrench into the concept from my perspective.

Go take that 2100 raw total Big Man.
Appreciate it man, we don't all have the same point of view - BUT i welcome any and all questions/suggestions. I wouldn't mind having my 'log' turn into a Q&A also (even if its me asking people for their answers).

On the russian standpoint, also a big point there is they were breast fed steroids from their mothers nipple but lol. I just think as a country, most of us got away from doing work. We all look for the easier route (myself included) to gaining strength/putting on muscle/losing weight/etc. I am just getting back down to the basics.

This programming alone I feel will really help me, 1 reason being is i am very dependent on my belt for you. Psychologically i am a train wreck without my belt sometimes.

But as said - please, i like this kind of interaction. and any and all of it is welcomed!

Supplement Supersource Sponsored Athlete
http://www.supplementsupersource.com
BigManBigLiftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #473
KCStrongmanben
TEAM MAB
Max Brawn
Points: 3,270, Level: 35 Points: 3,270, Level: 35 Points: 3,270, Level: 35

Training Exp: 20
Fav Supp: Pizza
KCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributor

One more plate. How old are you if I may ask? Just curious because Jeff and I have had similar discussions (I'm 35). And I can tell you once you get acclimated to the workload this programming works.
Muscle and Brawn
KCStrongmanben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #474
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red Meat
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Quote:
Appreciate it man, we don't all have the same point of view - BUT i welcome any and all questions/suggestions. I wouldn't mind having my 'log' turn into a Q&A also (even if its me asking people for their answers).

On the russian standpoint, also a big point there is they were breast fed steroids from their mothers nipple but lol. I just think as a country, most of us got away from doing work. We all look for the easier route (myself included) to gaining strength/putting on muscle/losing weight/etc. I am just getting back down to the basics.

This programming alone I feel will really help me, 1 reason being is i am very dependent on my belt for you. Psychologically i am a train wreck without my belt sometimes.

But as said - please, i like this kind of interaction. and any and all of it is welcomed!
You have good insight it will serve you well. I'm going to change doing such high reps on last sets of Wendler's program thanks for your advice. Will just leave some in the tank till I get the weights up some more. Really been struggling finding the balance. As for the Russian point think we agree overall just watch for the signs of when its time to slow down.
You both have an opportunity to make a lasting mark in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStrongmanben View Post
One more plate. How old are you if I may ask? Just curious because Jeff and I have had similar discussions (I'm 35). And I can tell you once you get acclimated to the workload this programming works.
Hey Ben
Reluctant to say as people will read and stereotype. I'm very young at heart 48 and believe I can still achieve any level of success with the right plan in place.
As stated had a brief run a few years ago and recovery was like being 20 again. The weights went through the roof, the attitude, energy levels joint health was like stepping back in time.
Would like to get on hrt wish I knew someone who could recommend a Good DR. up here.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #475
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn

BigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machine

7/1/2013

Bench
335 x 8 x 3 sets (~71% of training max)

leg lifts
20 x 3sets

Close grip bench (2board)
315 x 10
365 x 10
385 x 10

DB Clean and Press
65lbs db x 10 x 2sets

standing abs
60reps w/ heavy band

DB press
120 x 10
160 x 10
180 x 8

Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #476
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Quote:
7/1/2013

Bench
335 x 8 x 3 sets (~71% of training max)

leg lifts
20 x 3sets

Close grip bench (2board)
315 x 10
365 x 10
385 x 10

DB Clean and Press
65lbs db x 10 x 2sets

standing abs
60reps w/ heavy band

DB press
120 x 10
160 x 10
180 x 8
Envy your strength...lol strong work bro, 2100 is in the future

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #477
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
You have good insight it will serve you well. I'm going to change doing such high reps on last sets of Wendler's program thanks for your advice. Will just leave some in the tank till I get the weights up some more. Really been struggling finding the balance. As for the Russian point think we agree overall just watch for the signs of when its time to slow down.
You both have an opportunity to make a lasting mark in history.

Hey Ben
Reluctant to say as people will read and stereotype. I'm very young at heart 48 and believe I can still achieve any level of success with the right plan in place.
As stated had a brief run a few years ago and recovery was like being 20 again. The weights went through the roof, the attitude, energy levels joint health was like stepping back in time.
Would like to get on hrt wish I knew someone who could recommend a Good DR. up here.
I appreciate your kind words. This kind of convo/interaction is what I love. Nothing of flexing your ****, but its all clean intelligent convo of strong people sharing their ideas/mindset. This is definitely encouraged by ALL MABers

Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #478
Ramrod
Max Brawn
Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

BMBL nice work and solid lifting.. I haven't peeked in here for a couple of weeks. I need to read and catch up.
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #479
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn

7/3/2013

Deadlifts
440 x 8 x 3sets (beltless)

SSB + 80lbs of chains
245 x 8 x 3sets (with 15-20seconds rest inbetween each set. this kicked my ass. intense pain on my neck/head after last set lol)

Suit case deads
175 x 10 (each side) x 2sets (3" deficit)

Bent over rows
225 x 10 x 3

Box jumps
10 x 2 sets (fuck these lol)

Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #480
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
BMBL nice work and solid lifting.. I haven't peeked in here for a couple of weeks. I need to read and catch up.
all good brother! thanks for taking the time to check it out