Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #91
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looking real strong.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #92
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,904, Level: 26 Points: 1,904, Level: 26 Points: 1,904, Level: 26
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: chocolate milk
BigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
why reverse band rather than use a ram/slingshot/whatever else there is?
we will still be using the slingshot, and I wish i knew a reason why - Al caslow and Michael Greeno are the spear heads of this training cycle - im sure they have a reason for why

Supplement Supersource Sponsored Athlete
http://www.supplementsupersource.com
BigManBigLiftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #93
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn

BigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machineBigManBigLiftin is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
that's some monstrous benching ... great going big man ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looking real strong.
I appreciate it as always! back is feeling good! tomorrow is deads, however ill be there but not hittin deads. core/mobility/some shoulders/reverse hypers and some decompression will be the work for me

Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #94
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManBigLiftin View Post
we will still be using the slingshot, and I wish i knew a reason why - Al caslow and Michael Greeno are the spear heads of this training cycle - im sure they have a reason for why
I am sure they do. If I was to guess its more to do about the ability to calculate the help from the band as oppose to the actual carry over from the slingshot. Just a guess though.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:06 AM   #95
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn

Alright well today was supposed to be deadlift day, but as stated we tweaked some erector spinaes and with a load of inflammation it was making everything difficult so i decided to use the rst of the week and take it slow - felt aamazing after my 2 chiro session but still didnt want to push it. anyways on to todays!

1/9/2013
don't know what to call this day other than glorified stretching

Deadlifts (yes i actually attempted them to see how itd feel)
135 x 8 2sets
225 x 5 2 sets
315 x 3 2 sets (this is where we stopped. felt amazing going up, however without my belt on i didnt have the confidence to lower it back to starting, threw the belt on and did it all pain free.)

Seat Good Mornings (w/ safety squat bar 65lbs)
bar x 12
115 x 10
135 x 8

Reverse Hypers
BW x 10
50 x 10
100 x 10 x 2 sets

Finished it all off with stretching and some ab wheel. like i said not much but the emphasis is to get better and fast. Had some fun doing decompression on the mono-lift courtesy of donnie thompson lol here it is, check it out!

Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #96
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good to see you taking it easy. That video of Donnie is excellent. He always puts out great stuff.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #97
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Good to hear the back is on the mend. Strong stuff in here.

Donnie just looks like a cool guy to hang out with, but the insight in his videos is flat out amazing.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #98
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good to see you taking it easy. That video of Donnie is excellent. He always puts out great stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Good to hear the back is on the mend. Strong stuff in here.

Donnie just looks like a cool guy to hang out with, but the insight in his videos is flat out amazing.
@BTB - its hard lol, but i know its worth it and all for the goal of hittin the numbers i want. ill be back in no time - day 6 since the "injury" and not gonna lie i feel like im back, still just a little stiffness but i feel absolutely amazing - this chiro is a angel of powerlifters lol

@MikeM appreciate it! and ya Donnie seems awesome, not to sound like a little school girl but some how he seen one of my videos (benching) and tweeted me saying "you'll get it, and when you do it feels awesome!" (refering to my goal of benching 500) needless to say I was ecstatic lol

Old 01-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #99
BigManBigLiftin
Uber Brawn

Basic run down of tonight (if I can remember everything lol) It was all just as I went this is what I did. Spent a good portion just stretching, foam rolling, getting loose (to prepare for tomorrow) did a bunch of band work (internal/external rotations, face pulls, push downs, lat pull) used the shoulder horn, and worked some good mornings, also of course did my new favorite Batman! (see video above).. I feel aboslutely amazing! tomorrow will be the test though - not going to try and kill it, however I am going to push myself but at first sign of awkward-ness I am cutting the cord.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #100
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Smash them squats.