Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #51
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Beast work. Powerbuilding all the way.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #52
Creechur
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Sweat
Creechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Beast work. Powerbuilding all the way.
I hadn't actually thought of describing it as such...you're right! I just want some arms .

Friday
Squat
barx10
135x8
225x5
275x5
315x5
365x8

Moar
225x10x3

Calf Extension
8plates x20x3

RDL
225x8x3 with static holds at the end of every set

Farmers Walks - Not nearly as fun as I thought, think I'd have to have someone to compete against to make it fun...
100 steps w/ 80s

Leg Press
10 plates x10x2
10 plates x15

Good workout, good news. Apparently a powerlifting club has been started at Georgia Tech and I got invited today! I've always wanted to do this but I was afraid there wouldn't be enough student interest. Apparently headed by a guy with a 500+ squat and 600+ deadlift, though I've never seen him (somehow). Gave out my information and hope to hear back from them.

Best part is, they want to do a meet in April...which would be my first one if I participate. I'd love to do this, and I'd also love to try and be down in the 198 class if I did...sitting at 215 right now. May or may not be possible, I'll just have to see!
Creechur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #53
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

You're build arms and then some. Solid squats. Keep destroying the iron.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #54
Creechur
Uber Brawn

Creechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good postsCreechur has made some very good posts

Quote:
You're build arms and then some. Solid squats. Keep destroying the iron.
Thank you sir, and I'd be pleased with any growth.

Monday - first time trying out C4 preworkout AND I got a pair of wrist wraps...Christmas morning!

Bench Press
barx10
135x10
225x3
245x3
275x8

DB Bench Press
110s x8x2
100s x10

Chest Fly
205x8
220x8x2

I keep saying I need more volume...I just did more volume on arms. As I write this down I see how little actual pressing I did...CGBP next week or die.

Preacher Curls SS Skull Crushers
Ez bar +40x10x3 SS 80x10x3

Cable Curls SS Dips
50x10x3 SS bw x12x3

1500m Rowing. I just wanted to try this out as a mild form of interesting cardio-esque activity. It was fun, will see how the upper back recovers as the rowing was actually strenuous on my traps, though I expect it to be fine tomorrow. I could see this becoming more of a consistent thing.

Good stuff. I wasn't as impressed with the preworkout as I expected. I had a lot of anticipation for trying it so my energy was already up, so maybe I'll notice it more as the days go by. I don't really need a preworkout, I just wanted to try it (all the other kids are doing it mom!).

Last edited by Creechur; 02-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #55
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I've heard a lot about C4 but never tried it. Did you feel any lingering focus whatsoever?

Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #56
Creechur
Uber Brawn

Quote:
I've heard a lot about C4 but never tried it. Did you feel any lingering focus whatsoever?
I've heard a ton too, which is why I tried it. I got the beta tingles prior to working out, so I know it was working. I did feel focused when I got back to my apartment, so maybe it was just my excitement of all the new toys that covered up the energy I was getting. All of my friends/acquaintances who have tried it love it.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #57
Creechur
Uber Brawn

Tuesday
Deadlift
135x8
225x5
275x3
315x2
365x3
405x3
435x3x5 sets My grip sucks. First set was without straps, last 4 were with. Trying to work more grip work in, sucks when there's no chalk though.

Bent-over Row
185x3x8

Lat Pulldown
165x8x3

Seated Cable Row
160x8
175x8x2

Hammer Strength Iso Lat Pulldown
4 plates x10x3

HIIT on the rower
1 minute slow, 30 sec fast x5 = 1400m

C4 day 2. Was tired before the workout, dosed 25 minutes prior to and felt great during. Face was tingly again, but focus was definately noticeable - all the way to the row machine which was an hour and twenty minutes later. I know it's taboo to lift heavy and do HIIT on the same day, but I'm just trying to work hard and have fun!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #58
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Heavy stuff! Hope you get into the club,that would be awesome.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #59
Creechur
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Heavy stuff! Hope you get into the club,that would be awesome.
Thank you! I don't guess they really have tryouts, but I told them I was interested in going to the meet with them in April. I just need to focus on continuing to have fun instead of pushing for big 3 numbers though.

Wednesday

Cardio Stuff

Rower
1 min slow, 30 sec fast x 7 = 2100 meters

Elliptical
10 min

Decline sit-ups
+15 lbs x 15 x 3

DB Sidebends
80x8x3 (per side)
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #60
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Get those rows as strong as possible with straps. A stronger back will help your grip.

Keep smashing Creech.