Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #201
Vin1968
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Vin1968's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 335
Training Exp: 2-3 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Reputation: 9051
Vin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributor
Default Reverse Pyramid Training

Tuesday, 6/18/2013

a.m. body weight = 162 lbs


Deadlift 2 x 3-5 RPT

380 x 3
355 x 5



Weighted Chin Up 3 x 4-6 RPT

BW+65.0 x 6 ... +2.5 lbs PR
BW+62.5 x 6 ... +1
BW+57.5 x 5 ... +2.5 lbs



Bent Over Row 3 x 8

185 x 8 x 3



Front Squat 3 x 8

210 x 8, 8, 6 ... +5 lbs PR





As usual, I made changes. I decided to go back to 2 x 3-5 RPT for deadlifts, and I changed the rep range for rows. There is something about me a rows lately, I can't seem to dial them in comfortably. I will be on point with them one day, I know it!

My deadlift seems to be suffering from my cut, but I will try to retain as much strength as I can.

Soon I will be repping chins with 100 lbs around my waist lol. My calculator says I could get a single, but I doubt it.

Those front squats really take everything I have, they definitely finish me off, in a good way.


My strength to weight ratio is higher than it has ever been, and I cannot wait until Fall gets here and I start to eat again, lol.



Thank you, come again
__________________
Hey now!

Last edited by Vin1968; 06-18-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Vin1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #202
Vin1968
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Vin1968's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 335
Training Exp: 2-3 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Reputation: 9051
Vin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributor
Default Reverse Pyramid Training

Thursday, 6/20/13

a.m. body weight = 160 lbs Down a pound from last Thurs.




Bench Press 3 x 2; 2 x 3-5 RPT

245 x 2 x 3 ... +5 lbs ... Rep PR
230 x 3 ... +5 lbs
225 x 4 ... +5 lbs



Incline Bench Press 3 Sets, Rep Goal = 18

185 x 6, 4, HAD TO SHUT IT DOWN



Weighted Triangle Chin Up 3 Sets, Rep Goal = 18

BW+50 x 7, 6, 5 ... +2.5 lbs Any progression here is a PR



Weighted Chest Dip 3 x 4-6

BW+100 x 5 ... +2.5 lbs ... Rep PR
BW+92.5 x 6 ... +2.5 lbs
BW+90.0 x 5 ... +2.5 lbs



I am in new territory here, and I like it!

The second rep of the 245s were tough going up, lol. I will be camping from next Wed-Sun, so I won't be hitting this session again for another 2 weeks. As such, I will probably stay @ 245 the next time.

Today I pinpointed inclines as being the cause of the recent shoulder discomfort I have been experiencing after this chest session. I will stop doing them for a while, if not permanently, and try to put something else in this session, maybe CGBP.

The last time I dipped BW+100 was for 2 reps, that was about 12-14 months ago.




Thank you, come again
__________________
Hey now!
Vin1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #203
Vin1968
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Vin1968's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 335
Training Exp: 2-3 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Reputation: 9051
Vin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributor
Default

I just did 1RM test for OHP. The results: 170 lbs. 175 didn't make it a third of the way up, lol.

Hmmm, a 1RM test. What is going to happen in this place?
__________________
Hey now!
Vin1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #204
dzarello
Italian Proud
Max Brawn
Points: 6,751, Level: 54 Points: 6,751, Level: 54 Points: 6,751, Level: 54
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
 
dzarello's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Garage Gym
Posts: 2,666
Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Squats/Deads
Fav Supp: Food
Reputation: 106127
dzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin1968 View Post
Tuesday, 6/18/2013

a.m. body weight = 162 lbs


Deadlift 2 x 3-5 RPT

380 x 3
355 x 5



Weighted Chin Up 3 x 4-6 RPT

BW+65.0 x 6 ... +2.5 lbs PR
BW+62.5 x 6 ... +1
BW+57.5 x 5 ... +2.5 lbs



Bent Over Row 3 x 8

185 x 8 x 3



Front Squat 3 x 8

210 x 8, 8, 6 ... +5 lbs PR





As usual, I made changes. I decided to go back to 2 x 3-5 RPT for deadlifts, and I changed the rep range for rows. There is something about me a rows lately, I can't seem to dial them in comfortably. I will be on point with them one day, I know it!

My deadlift seems to be suffering from my cut, but I will try to retain as much strength as I can.

Soon I will be repping chins with 100 lbs around my waist lol. My calculator says I could get a single, but I doubt it.

Those front squats really take everything I have, they definitely finish me off, in a good way.


My strength to weight ratio is higher than it has ever been, and I cannot wait until Fall gets here and I start to eat again, lol.



Thank you, come again
For being at 162, those are still some real strong DLs! Your front squats are awesome, too. Chins w/ an extra 100lbs is quite remarkable! Great job Vin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin1968 View Post
Thursday, 6/20/13

a.m. body weight = 160 lbs Down a pound from last Thurs.




Bench Press 3 x 2; 2 x 3-5 RPT

245 x 2 x 3 ... +5 lbs ... Rep PR
230 x 3 ... +5 lbs
225 x 4 ... +5 lbs



Incline Bench Press 3 Sets, Rep Goal = 18

185 x 6, 4, HAD TO SHUT IT DOWN



Weighted Triangle Chin Up 3 Sets, Rep Goal = 18

BW+50 x 7, 6, 5 ... +2.5 lbs Any progression here is a PR



Weighted Chest Dip 3 x 4-6

BW+100 x 5 ... +2.5 lbs ... Rep PR
BW+92.5 x 6 ... +2.5 lbs
BW+90.0 x 5 ... +2.5 lbs



I am in new territory here, and I like it!

The second rep of the 245s were tough going up, lol. I will be camping from next Wed-Sun, so I won't be hitting this session again for another 2 weeks. As such, I will probably stay @ 245 the next time.

Today I pinpointed inclines as being the cause of the recent shoulder discomfort I have been experiencing after this chest session. I will stop doing them for a while, if not permanently, and try to put something else in this session, maybe CGBP.

The last time I dipped BW+100 was for 2 reps, that was about 12-14 months ago.




Thank you, come again
Great benching. Dips are like your chins, just awesome. Smart move on the Inclines. CG wouldn't be a bad substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin1968 View Post
I just did 1RM test for OHP. The results: 170 lbs. 175 didn't make it a third of the way up, lol.

Hmmm, a 1RM test. What is going to happen in this place?
Great pressing. Your just 5lbs below me and I weigh almost 50lbs than you. Stronger than I, Mr. Vin!
__________________
Success comes to those who persevere, not to those who complain and give up
-Jim Wendler-

I just want a place where I can be left alone to get strong and work off some aggression.
-Dave Tate-

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

dzarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #205
Vin1968
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Vin1968's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 335
Training Exp: 2-3 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Reputation: 9051
Vin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzarello View Post
For being at 162, those are still some real strong DLs! Your front squats are awesome, too. Chins w/ an extra 100lbs is quite remarkable! Great job Vin.



Great benching. Dips are like your chins, just awesome. Smart move on the Inclines. CG wouldn't be a bad substitute.



Great pressing. Your just 5lbs below me and I weigh almost 50lbs than you. Stronger than I, Mr. Vin!
Thanks zarello!



I thinks it's time to mix things ups. I will be starting 5/3/1 on July 1.

My fairly accurate 1 rep maxes:

OHP = 170; TM = 155

DL = 405; TM =365

BP = 255; TM = 230

Squat = 340; TM = 305
__________________
Hey now!
Vin1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #206
Vin1968
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Vin1968's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 335
Training Exp: 2-3 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Reputation: 9051
Vin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributor
Default Reverse Pyramid Training

Saturday, 6/23/13
Fasted Training: 10g BCAAs

a.m.body weight = 162 lbs




Back Squat 3 x 2; 2 x 4-6 RPT

330 x 2, 1, 1 ... +5 lbs
300 x 5 ... +1
290 x 4 ... +5 lbs



Good Morning 3 x 8

135 x 8 x 3




And this ends my current run of RPT. Tuesday will be a pre-camping trip full body workout, then on the first of July I will be starting 5/3/1, and maybe I will give it more than three cycles this time around

Today's numbers put me at an estimated 1RM of 350, but I will go with 340, giving me my 305 TM for 5/3/1.

Good mornings will possibly be my accessory on squat day, so I put them in today's session. I haven't done them in about a year, and I only did them for a couple of weeks.

I assume squat day would be the spot for good mornings as an accessory. I am thinking front squats on DL day. Thoughts?


Thank you, come again
__________________
Hey now!
Vin1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #207
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,802
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2583792
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Nice squatting. Creeping closer to 400.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #208
dzarello
Italian Proud
Max Brawn
Points: 6,751, Level: 54 Points: 6,751, Level: 54 Points: 6,751, Level: 54
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
 
dzarello's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Garage Gym
Posts: 2,666
Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Squats/Deads
Fav Supp: Food
Reputation: 106127
dzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin1968 View Post
Saturday, 6/23/13
Fasted Training: 10g BCAAs

a.m.body weight = 162 lbs




Back Squat 3 x 2; 2 x 4-6 RPT

330 x 2, 1, 1 ... +5 lbs
300 x 5 ... +1
290 x 4 ... +5 lbs



Good Morning 3 x 8

135 x 8 x 3




And this ends my current run of RPT. Tuesday will be a pre-camping trip full body workout, then on the first of July I will be starting 5/3/1, and maybe I will give it more than three cycles this time around

Today's numbers put me at an estimated 1RM of 350, but I will go with 340, giving me my 305 TM for 5/3/1.

Good mornings will possibly be my accessory on squat day, so I put them in today's session. I haven't done them in about a year, and I only did them for a couple of weeks.

I assume squat day would be the spot for good mornings as an accessory. I am thinking front squats on DL day. Thoughts?


Thank you, come again
I think you got a good game plan for your 5/3/1. Excited to see your progress. Great squatting Vin!
__________________
Success comes to those who persevere, not to those who complain and give up
-Jim Wendler-

I just want a place where I can be left alone to get strong and work off some aggression.
-Dave Tate-

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

dzarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #209
Vin1968
Senior Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31 Points: 2,648, Level: 31
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
Vin1968's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 335
Training Exp: 2-3 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Reputation: 9051
Vin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributorVin1968 is a consistent contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice squatting. Creeping closer to 400.
Thanks Steve! Hopefully 5/3/1 will get me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzarello View Post
I think you got a good game plan for your 5/3/1. Excited to see your progress. Great squatting Vin!
Thanks zarello!




About to do my pre-vacation full body workout
__________________
Hey now!
Vin1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #210
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%
 
KD5NFW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 4,783
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
Reputation: 423739
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!
Default

I'm waiting for the real plan
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
journal, vin1968


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DW's Journal DieselWeasel Training Logs 1393 09-08-2013 11:32 AM
OR Jr Journal Off Road Training Logs 60 12-02-2012 09:45 PM
Off Road Journal Off Road Training Logs 170 11-27-2012 10:54 AM
Off Road Journal Off Road Training Logs 401 02-16-2012 03:39 AM
big val's journal big valsalva Training Logs 361 02-09-2010 08:48 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.