Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   KD5NFW's Quest for Strength Log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11752)

KD5NFW 11-24-2012 11:25 AM

KD5NFW's Quest for Strength Log
 
Time to get a log started over here at MAB. A little about me, I'm 48, 5' 10", ~195lbs with about 2 years of lifting experience, only a little over 1 year with any clear direction. My current goal is to gain as much strength as I can and potentially venture onto the PL platform in the not too distant future :)

My current routine is Wendler's 5/3/1 with the BBB accessory template. I will be starting Cycle 7 on Monday.

My tested 1RM's to begin the program were:
Standing strict MP 175
Deadlift 405
Bench 285
Squat 310

Long term strength goals (can I have long term goals at my age ?) :dunno2:
OHP 225
Dead 495
Bench 315
Squat 405

I am looking forward to learning from the vast pool of PL and strength knowledge here at MAB!

EliteDreams 11-24-2012 01:44 PM

Great to have you here brother,goals will be reached!

Hunterace 11-24-2012 04:59 PM

Yeah, Rich's M&B log! You know I'm in!!!

BendtheBar 11-24-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KD5NFW (Post 294941)
My tested 1RM's to begin the program were:
Standing strict MP 175
Deadlift 405
Bench 285
Squat 310

Long term strength goals (can I have long term goals at my age ?) :dunno2:
OHP 225
Dead 495
Bench 315
Squat 405

I am looking forward to learning from the vast pool of PL and strength knowledge here at MAB!

Great goals. Looking forward to seeing you smash them.

rippednmichigan 11-24-2012 06:50 PM

With the amount of power lifters here you should reach your goal easy!

KD5NFW 11-24-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliteDreams (Post 294962)
Great to have you here brother,goals will be reached!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterace (Post 295020)
Yeah, Rich's M&B log! You know I'm in!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 295025)
Great goals. Looking forward to seeing you smash them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 295080)
With the amount of power lifters here you should reach your goal easy!

Thanks guys! I am so ready to get cycle 7 started on Monday!!

MikeM 11-24-2012 09:17 PM

Awesome. Very interested. We are very similar in that I'm 47 5'7" and almost 196, also couple years in and have similar lifts in general. Your pressing is a bit better, maybe I can squat more. We'll see. Not a contest, let's figure out how to make each other better.

Good luck buddy.

big_swede 11-25-2012 06:07 AM

Welcome to mab and good luck!!

KD5NFW 11-25-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 295134)
Awesome. Very interested. We are very similar in that I'm 47 5'7" and almost 196, also couple years in and have similar lifts in general. Your pressing is a bit better, maybe I can squat more. We'll see. Not a contest, let's figure out how to make each other better.

Good luck buddy.

Thanks Mike! Yes it appears we are pretty close with our current lifts as well as our goals! I think I saw in your training log you are also on 5/3/1 so we should definitely be able to push each other along!

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_swede (Post 295169)
Welcome to mab and good luck!!

Thanks big swede! Look forward to getting this thing rolling tomorrow!

Hunterace 11-25-2012 11:03 AM

Ummmmmm, this is a workout log, correct? When do we get to see some!!! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.