13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Strong workout man, killed those legs.
Thanks nacho!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I'm more interested in the unofficial and untold story.

Sexy squats FTW!

Did your squats feel any better or stronger having not done cleans beforehand? Well done overall Rich!
Sexy squats FTW lol!! I didn't even think about it at the time since I didn't even remember PC's until I got home. But now that I think about it, yeah, I think I may have been a little fresher and more energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
Another groin-related cover up...

...and another solid session!
Haha thanks JD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
We're Men, we never give the groin a break, that story is never going to fly here.

Nice work!
Thanks OMP! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
Awesome work Rich...bad cover up story...lmbo
True story was I was just a slacker on Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Slacked off yesterday and didn't hit the gym. My "official" story is I was giving the groin an extra day to heal

3/2/1 Cycle 10 Week 3 Day 4

Power cleans

Training max 190

oops, totally forgot about PC's, WTF?

Squat

Training Max - 335

Back Squat

Warmup

45 x 10
135 x 5
175 x 5
205 x 3

Weight (Goal) Actual
250 (5) 5
285 (3) 3
320 (1x5) 1, 1
Shut it down after 2 singles, which I was happy with. I was afraid to hit the hole with too much speed (insert sex jokes here) so I wasn't getting any bounce at the bottom.

45 degree leg press
3pps x 12
4pps x 12
5pps x 10 x 3

Leg extensions
120 x 10 x 3

SLDL
135 x 10 x 3

Single leg calf raise
BW x 15e x 3

Cardio
20 minutes LISS elliptical
bump
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #682
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn

KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!
Default Body says it's time for a change!

Ok folks I've made a good run on 531, but my shoulder pain is no longer in the acceptable range. Continued heavy pressing is just going to make the situation worse, and I need to heal up!! So I am transitioning over to an Upper/Lower 4 day split with higher reps and lower weights. Tonight was Upper A.

Total lifting time: 40 minutes

BB bench
warmup
45 x 10
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 3

working
150 x 12 x 3

Chinups (goal is 3 sets of 10)
BW x 10, 7, 5

Standing military press
warmup
45 x 10
75 x 5

working
100 x 10 x 3

BB curls
50 x 10 x 3

Dips
BW x 10 x 3

Cardio
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #683
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Do you know what's up with your shoulder?

I had decent results with the Diesel Crew Shoulder Rehab routine..
Diesel Crew – Muscle Building, Athletic Development, Strength Training, Grip Strength How to Shoulder Rehab

I didn't do 100% of the moves, but it was good for my RC.

Eventually, I ended up with a Cortisone shot in the shoulder (due to fraying/degeneration typical for my age/activity on top of 2-3 bad bench-induced sprains over the years) and that was huge for putting me back to normal.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #684
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Take care of that shoulder man. Here's my advice:
Don't do anything that hurts. Anything.
Do these 3 exercises twice a week:
Rotator Cuff Strengthening Exercises
Target your rear delts at least once a week. I found that at the very beginning mine were extremely weak and that the reverse pec deck worked really well. I have since graduated to face pulls. However, do whatever feels comfortable.

That's what worked for me. Mileage may very. I'm sure sooner or later someone is going to come along and tell me that I am full of crap, that's how it seems to work on the forum, but this worked for myself and I wanted to share with you. Good luck.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #685
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
Do you know what's up with your shoulder?

I had decent results with the Diesel Crew Shoulder Rehab routine..
Diesel Crew Muscle Building, Athletic Development, Strength Training, Grip Strength How to Shoulder Rehab

I didn't do 100% of the moves, but it was good for my RC.

Eventually, I ended up with a Cortisone shot in the shoulder (due to fraying/degeneration typical for my age/activity on top of 2-3 bad bench-induced sprains over the years) and that was huge for putting me back to normal.
Thanks for the link JD. I'll check it out this evening. Really don't think it's an RC issue. Based off that pic I have pain in the rhomboid region and my upper peck with a little across the trap haha. Could just be geezerdom lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Take care of that shoulder man. Here's my advice:
Don't do anything that hurts. Anything.
Do these 3 exercises twice a week:
Rotator Cuff Strengthening Exercises
Target your rear delts at least once a week. I found that at the very beginning mine were extremely weak and that the reverse pec deck worked really well. I have since graduated to face pulls. However, do whatever feels comfortable.

That's what worked for me. Mileage may very. I'm sure sooner or later someone is going to come along and tell me that I am full of crap, that's how it seems to work on the forum, but this worked for myself and I wanted to share with you. Good luck.
Thanks Josh! I actually do versions of those twice a week, before OHP and before bench. I picked those up when I had this issue with my other shoulder. I've also been doing facepulls for a while, but maybe too heavy with the injury? Might should back off the weight on those a little.

The funny thing is, as long as my form is on point, it doesn't hurt while I'm benching or pressing, but it sure as hell hurts after I am hopeful that the decrease in weight and increase in reps and subsequent bloodflow will get this thing back on track.

Thanks for the tips!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #686
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Thanks for the link JD. I'll check it out this evening. Really don't think it's an RC issue. Based off that pic I have pain in the rhomboid region and my upper peck with a little across the trap haha. Could just be geezerdom lol.

Thanks Josh! I actually do versions of those twice a week, before OHP and before bench. I picked those up when I had this issue with my other shoulder. I've also been doing facepulls for a while, but maybe too heavy with the injury? Might should back off the weight on those a little.

The funny thing is, as long as my form is on point, it doesn't hurt while I'm benching or pressing, but it sure as hell hurts after I am hopeful that the decrease in weight and increase in reps and subsequent bloodflow will get this thing back on track.

Thanks for the tips!!!
This is just one man's opinion, but I disagree with doing those movements before your big lifts. Why would you fatigue the area in question before pressing? In my brologic that seems counter productive. IMO, you should treat the rotator cuff strengthening exercises like you would any other assitance exercise. You would not do tricep extensions before bench pressing would you? Probably not. By the same token you shouldn't do rotator cuff movements either before you press and bench. .
Of course there is a time and a place. If you were doing extremely light weight to warm up the rotator before benching or pressing, that makes sense. But in this case, warming up is not what you are trying to do. You are trying to strengthen the rotator cuff to help rehabilitate it and prevent future injury. Therefore, concepts such as progression need be applied, all be it at a slow rate.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 03-12-2013 at 11:11 AM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #687
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
This is just one man's opinion, but I disagree with doing those movements before your big lifts. Why would you fatigue the area in question before pressing? In my brologic that seems counter productive. IMO, you should treat the rotator cuff strengthening exercises like you would any other assitance exercise. You would not do tricep extensions before bench pressing would you? Probably not. By the same token you shouldn't do rotator cuff movements either before you press and bench. .
Of course there is a time and a place. If you were doing extremely light weight to warm up the rotator before benching or pressing, that makes sense. But in this case, warming up is not what you are trying to do. You are trying to strengthen the rotator cuff to help rehabilitate it and prevent future injury. Therefore, concepts such as progression need be applied, all be it at a slow rate.
Thanks Josh I will re-examine the exercises in that light. I guess I have been using them as a warmup then, with 5lb DB's before pressing movements.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #688
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

solid work rich .
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #689
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
solid work rich .
Thanks Lee!!

Week 1, 1-Lower
40 minutes

Squats
warmup 10 x bar
135 x 5

work sets
165 x 8 x 3

Deadlift
warmup 135 x 5

work sets
225 x 5 x 3

Captain chair knee raise (I know these are for wienies lol)
BW x 15 x 3

Standing BB calf raise (squat grip)
225 x 15 x 3

Seated leg curl
80 x 10 x 3 (these were pretty light)

Cardio
Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #690
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Time for some instinctive training Rich, so good decision to switch it up.

Please refresh my memory tho as to why you are not seeing a Doc about this. I would really hate to see you have this reoccur again and again when maybe it doesn't have to - just like my lower back.

I wish I could help you more, but I know diddly squat about shoulder injuries.

Take care buddy!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote