Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Keep doin whatcha doin,those close grips may do the trick.

Every time I see your username I think "philly cheesesteak..."

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #102
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

I am normally strongest on my 3rd week in a row in a shirt. After that it goes down hill. Got to find what works for you and sticks with it. Hope the elbows feel better. My left one has bothered me for over a year.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #103
PhillyDev
Low man on the totem pole
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Fav Exercise: A heavy one.
PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Keep doin whatcha doin,those close grips may do the trick.

Every time I see your username I think "philly cheesesteak..."
Close grips have a good impact on my lockout. When I'm not pussing out on them... I wish I could get a good cheesesteak here in FLA. Seems like people don't understand what "wit wiz" means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I am normally strongest on my 3rd week in a row in a shirt. After that it goes down hill. Got to find what works for you and sticks with it. Hope the elbows feel better. My left one has bothered me for over a year.
The dumbest thing is, I knew better. I could tell my CNS was fried, still is for that matter. As for my elbows, Driggers had a problem with his for a while, and started doing curls and triceps exercises, and it worked. I was using a lacrosseball, and rolling my forearms, front and back, top and bottom, side to side, and it worked very well... Till I started slacking on it.
PhillyDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #104
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Deadlift
Conventional
135x8
135x8
135x8
225x5
315x5
405x5
495x3

Rack Pulls
405x5
405x5
495x3

Lat Pulldown
110x12
112x12
110x12

Training Grade: A
This was the first time I've pulled conventional in more than a year. It went WAY better than I thought it would. 495 is 100 lbs more than I've ever pulled conventional before. I don't count it as a PR because PR dead is 555, regardless of style. Light squats this week, and dead deload next with heavy squats. I'm going heavy every other week, but I'm staggering my squat/dead training. Trying to keep fresh. And clean... So fresh and so clean clean
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #105
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post
Close grips have a good impact on my lockout. When I'm not pussing out on them... I wish I could get a good cheesesteak here in FLA. Seems like people don't understand what "wit wiz" means...

The dumbest thing is, I knew better. I could tell my CNS was fried, still is for that matter. As for my elbows, Driggers had a problem with his for a while, and started doing curls and triceps exercises, and it worked. I was using a lacrosseball, and rolling my forearms, front and back, top and bottom, side to side, and it worked very well... Till I started slacking on it.
I cant get down with wiz, got to have provolone! I flew into Philly just to try a few different cheesesteak places.

I do a good bit of curls and dumbbell tri extensions. I have to play a fine line on curling too much as it seems to be what aggravates my elbow.

Sounds like a damn good deadlift day by the way.

Proudly sponsored by

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #106
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I cant get down with wiz, got to have provolone! I flew into Philly just to try a few different cheesesteak places.

I do a good bit of curls and dumbbell tri extensions. I have to play a fine line on curling too much as it seems to be what aggravates my elbow.

Sounds like a damn good deadlift day by the way.
No wiz?!?!?!? That's ridiculous... Yeah, there is a fine balance. Personally for me it's either not enough, or way too much. There is a perfectly drawn square where I know I need to be. I'm hard headed, and like to push the limits., but now I know how far to not go. It was a good day. I'm going to go raw,this training cycle, and then get into an old unused inzer fusion. It was Adam's, strangely enough, I get in the suit just fine...
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #107
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

435's close at all?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #108
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
435's close at all?
Yeah. When I'm not fried. Took it to a 1 board and it was cake.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #109
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Deadlift Deload

135x12
135x10
225x10
335x5

Wide Stance Good Mornings W/ Rackable Cambered Bar
150x10
150x10
240x5
290x3
330x3
330x3
330x3

Shrugs
225x12
225x12
225x12
225x12

Training Grade: A
We have been sick at the house for the better part of the week. My wife got sick Friday, my little son on Sunday, and myself on Monday. Saturday, and Monday were screwed for me. Today was my first day back. I was kind of nervous about training, seeing how most of my calories were from chocolate milk and gatoraide. It went a lot better than I expected. Everything moved well. Idont generally keep up on PRs on accessory lifts, but the last 3 sets of GMs were way more than I've done before. On to skwatz!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #110
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post

Wide Stance Good Mornings W/ Rackable Cambered Bar
150x10
150x10
240x5
290x3
330x3
330x3
330x3

!
That sounds brutal! My one and only experience with that bar left me sore for a week!

Proudly sponsored by