Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #91
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post
I'm using a Rage X at the moment. It's a pretty standard shirt, it's been taken in a bit in the chest plate. I have another Rage X that's 3 ply with an SDP neck. I took 405 one day and couldn't get that shirt to a 3 board. I'm holding on to it for future use. That's all the gear I have at the moment. I do electrical work for Brian, generally we work out something in trade. Hopefully it'll be some gear.
Pretty much how i got all my first gear, buy a little, trade a little. Ill be down in a few weeks if you want to give any of my gear a try. Dont mind in letting you hit a session in something and see if you like it.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #92
PhillyDev
Low man on the totem pole
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Fav Exercise: A heavy one.
PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Monday, January 28, 2013
Bench

135x12
135x10
185x8
225x3
275x1
Shirt On
315x2 - 3 Board
365x2 - 2 Board
405x1 - 1 Board
405x1 - 1 Board
435x1 - 1 Board

Close Grip Bench
225x5 for 3 sets

Incline DB Press
60's x 10 for 3 sets

Triceps Rope Pressdown
55x12 for 4 sets

Training Grade: A
I've had some good sessions lately. I feel like a lot is just coming together. It happens like this for me. Stagnation for a training cycle followed by one or two that just click. 435 to the one board is a PR. The common consensus is that if you can hit a one board with it, you can go to your chest. I don't doubt that in my case. On a side note. I got a text from my wife with a video on it. It was a video of my son starting to crawl. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing taking this time away from my family. Not only am I missing some important stuff, but I'm being selfish about it. I thought about it really hard on my way home. Is it worth it? The time, pain, frustration... Yes it is. It's going to sound cliche, but time under the bar teaches you a lot. The weight in your hands or on your back is unforgiving, it doesn't care about your problems, it is inanimate. You mean nothing to it. If you are weak, the weight will crush you. If you persevere, you will be strong. My goal is to be a better man than I was yesterday. The resolve you have under he bar is the same resolve you should go about with in your daily life. My wife knows, and, god willing, my son will know of perseverance, and dedication and how it is an absolute must in the world we live in. And I thank them on a daily basis for understanding. To some people this is just lifting some weights, to others, an obsession. For me, it's my sharpening stone.
PhillyDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #93
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Pretty much how i got all my first gear, buy a little, trade a little. Ill be down in a few weeks if you want to give any of my gear a try. Dont mind in letting you hit a session in something and see if you like it.
Thanks JB. Found a place yet???
Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #94
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I've had some good sessions lately. I feel like a lot is just coming together. It happens like this for me.
Keep it rolling. Numbers are strong.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #95
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Keep it rolling. Numbers are strong.
My work, as far as benching goes, is just figuring out how to finesse the shirt, not really strength. More strength is always good though.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 PM   #96
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Saturday, February 2, 2013
Squat

135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
225x8
225x8
225x8

Leg Press
490x12
490x12
490x12
490x12

Training Grade: C
Obviously easy weight. It was to a low box. About an inch past parallel. Also a mess load of foam rolling, stretching, and other mobility crap. Not a really fun day, but very helpful. Having not deadlifted last week, my adductors, and abductors are fresh. Pulling every week takes its toll on my squat. I may just pull from the floor every other week.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #97
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I may just pull from the floor every other week.
How heavy will you work up to?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #98
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks JB. Found a place yet???
My father in law is building a place. So we are going to live with him. St. Johns county. Durbins Crossing.

Quote:
[B]Saturday, February 2, 2013
Pulling every week takes its toll on my squat. I may just pull from the floor every other week.
I prefer to pull every other week. My body gets trashed if I try to pull heavy and squat heavy every week.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #99
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How heavy will you work up to?
I'm gonna go, triples, rack pulls, doubles, rack pulls, singles. I'm going to use the rack pulls like a pseudo deload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
My father in law is building a place. So we are going to live with him. St. Johns county. Durbins Crossing.

I prefer to pull every other week. My body gets trashed if I try to pull heavy and squat heavy every week.
I was going to tell you to check out a place called Las Calinas. It's just north of Palencia. Yah, after pulling wednesda, then squatting on Saturday, I feel constantly tight in my adductors, abductors, and hips.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #100
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Monday, February 4, 2013
Bench

135x12
135x10
225x5
225x3
275x1
Shirt on
315x3 3 Board
365x2 2 Board
405x1 1 Board
435x 0
435x0

Close Grip Bench
225x5
225x5
225x5

Triceps Pressdown
55x15 for 5 sets

Training Grade: D
Today was week 3 in my shirt, going heavy... I'm an absolute idiot for doing so. I should have deloaded, but my ego goaded me on. Given a deload, I more than likely hit 435. That being said, I found something I really need to work on. Triceps strength!!!!! My elbow was killing me during the CGs, so I called it as far as pressing goes. Got a good pump and split. On to deads. I think I will go conventional.