PhillyDev
Low man on the totem pole
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Amateur Surgeon Champion!
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: A heavy one.
PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I did the same thing last weekend going for a PR. I have to write on my hand, never deadlift over 90%. Save it for meets.
Yeah... My wife asked me after I told her, if failing at it makes me want to quit. I said absolutely not. Of course I get a little aggravated, but if anything it drives me even harder to do better day in and day out.
PhillyDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #22
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post
Yeah... My wife asked me after I told her, if failing at it makes me want to quit. I said absolutely not. Of course I get a little aggravated, but if anything it drives me even harder to do better day in and day out.
Yep! Strong work,espesh fer a deload.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Stay driven hombre. Get 600.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #24
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Yep! Strong work,espesh fer a deload.
Nah, I wish these were deload numbers. My training is staggered at this point. I spend 3 weeks in my shirt, and deload my bench. What and dead are on the same schedule. Next week is their deload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Stay driven hombre. Get 600.
I want 6 raw before hopping into some gear. I think it's a good number to see a worthwhile carryover. I would love to go 2k for my first equipped meet. In all honesty I'm probably looking at 16-1800 full equipped. It's hard to gauge where I stand,being new to the gear.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Nah, I wish these were deload numbers. My training is staggered at this point. I spend 3 weeks in my shirt, and deload my bench. What and dead are on the same schedule. Next week is their deload.

I want 6 raw before hopping into some gear. I think it's a good number to see a worthwhile carryover. I would love to go 2k for my first equipped meet. In all honesty I'm probably looking at 16-1800 full equipped. It's hard to gauge where I stand,being new to the gear.
I' sure like LTL you'll make some fast process.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Monday, December 3, 2012
Bench
Bar x 10
Bar x 10
135x10
135x8
185x5
225x3
275x3
Shirt on
315x2 - 3board
365x2 - 3 Board
405x2 - 3 Board
405x1 - 2 Board
405x1 - 2 Board
405x1 - 2 Board

Seated DB Mil Press
45s x 15 x 4 Sets

Overhead DB Tricep Extension (Two hands)
45x15 x 4 Sets

Training Grade: B
Had a good night tonight. I wasn't really sure where I'd go this evening, so I asked Clint and Brian. They just told me to work down to my chest. We have had Paul Key in the gym getting some of the guys set up with the wide IPF style bench position vs the wound up scorpion style. He along with Tony were an incredible help. Just small technique things, from flaring my elbows at the top to tweaking the shirt. I really can't thank them enough. As the night progressed, the weight moved easier and easier. I'm gonna take a semi heavy raw week next week, then jump back in my shirt and try to get 405 to my chest.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Some solid and heavy board work. Well done.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #28
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Wednesday, December 6, 2012
Deadlift Deload

Wide Stance Good MorningsW/ EFS Rackable Cambered Bar
165x10
165x8
255x5
255x5
255x5

Bent Over BB RowsW/ EFS 6 Handle Swiss Bar
165x8
255x5
255x5
255x5
255x5
255x5
Super Set With
GHR

Training Grade: B
It was a quick sesh, I had to hit it on my lunch break. I always feel bad for doing that. The fellas don't mind, or so I've been told. Everything moved well. I just really want to get my upper back stronger for bigger squats and pulls. I think next week's deads session is a lunch break too...FML...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #29
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Saturday, December 8, 2012
Squat Deload
140x10
140x8
230x5
320x5
370x1

Leg Press
570x8
570x8
570x8
570x8

GHR
4 sets of 8

Training Grade: F
I don't normally cut squats short, but I felt something in my upper back pop, and I couldn't take the pressure under the bar. The pain was like a hot iron between my shoulder blade and spine. It doesn't feel like a muscle injury, it honestly feels nerve related. I've been working with the cambered bar to a box, and I decided that I would free squat with a straight bar. Bad idea? Maybe, maybe not. My squat has honestly been the biggest problem in my training. So much so that I've contemplated going bench only, or just doing push pull in meets. I think I'll get with Brian tonight, and discuss rebuilding my squat from the beginning. I fully understand that it's going to be a humbling process, but at this point I'm not sure what else I can do.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #30
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

On a completely off the wall note, I was just sitting with my son, and his face got all red. He started farting and giggling about it. He was poopin'. I think it's pretty hysterical that at 7 months old he already thinks farts are funny. This is gonna drive the Mrs ape shit.