PhillyDev
Low man on the totem pole
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Amateur Surgeon Champion!
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: A heavy one.
PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine
Default The Dev Log

First log post on here... I hope it's as good for you guys as I'm sure it will be for me. Any how... I've been training with Team Samson for a while, so if you go over their logs, you'll see alot of similarities. Just a 3 day split, Monday is bench, Wenesday is deads, and Saturday is the squatting holy day. On to the log!

Monday, November 19, 2012
Bench
Bar x ???
135x12
135x8
185x5
225x3
275x2
Shirt on
315x1
365x1
365x2
405x2 to 3 board

Close Grip Bench
225x5
225x5
225x5

Training Grade: B
It's my third week in a shirt so far. I'm still trying to figure alot of crap out in it. Thank god there is a gang of dudes on the team who more than know their crap. I'm currently using a hand-me down 54 two ply Rage-X. I also have a 53 three ply with an SDP neck that I'm not currently using. I didn't really have a bunch of time this evening, thats the reason for the seeming lack of work. For the time being, I'm just using an off season program Brian Carroll has a bunch of us using. this is kind of a wierd part of my training to start a log in,as it's he middle of a mesocycle.
PhillyDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Welcome to MAB! Strong bench session there, looking forward to follow your training.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Great to see you on here. Strong pressing.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Team Samson has treated you well. Solid pressing numbers.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Welcome to MAB! Strong bench session there, looking forward to follow your training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Great to see you on here. Strong pressing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Team Samson has treated you well. Solid pressing numbers.
Thanks fellas. I look at numbers relative to the guys around me. Clint and Brian both press in the high 7s, low 8s, Adam presses in the mid 7s, we have a few others who press in the 6 area. But all in all, I'm quite a bit stronger than I was when I came. I'm just looking to be semi competitive in 275, or 242 if I can make it down that far.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Deadlift
135x5
135x5
225x5
315x2
405x2
495x2

Rack Pulls
405x5
405x5
405x5
405x5
405x5

Hyper-Deads
135x5
185x5
185x5
185x5

Training Grade: B
I couldn't quite give today an A, because there was still a lingering issue. I pull sumo, when I start the pull, lately I've been pulling my head over the bar,, and the weight kinda twists. On the way up, my left side drifts a little far in front of me. It's an easy fix, I just have to stay more upright. The rack pulls were done conventional, just below the knees. More weight next week. The hyper deads are a weak point thing for me. My lower back sucks, and I really feel it while squatting, hopefully this coupled with some good mornings will remedy the issue.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I pull sumo, when I start the pull, lately I've been pulling my head over the bar,, and the weight kinda twists.
Good looking numbers.

Pulling conventional I have to think about pulling the bar back towards my body. Curious if that's the same deal for sumo and if it would help any.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good looking numbers.

Pulling conventional I have to think about pulling the bar back towards my body. Curious if that's the same deal for sumo and if it would help any.
I'm pretty sure it's just me not getting as tight as I should be. It's been a rough 6 weeks this meso. Clint tells me pull my nuts to the bar, look up, arch and fire. As for pulling the bar to my body, my hairless interior quads and jacked up shins tell me I'm pretty close.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Great work! I look forward to talking more.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Great work! I look forward to talking more.
Tanks! Lemme know if you have any questions.