Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #71
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post
Nocatee is really nice. I was an electrician and did the early phases of Nocatee and Palencia. That's a long drive from there to Adams. You are looking at almost an hour on the road. Brian has a sweet little spot off of county road 210 and I don think it was terribly expensive considering what he and his wife got. If you work a normal schedule like 7-4 , or 9-5, its a monster getting out of some of those places.
I use to drive 2hrs one day to squat in college. So no real worries. I am a school teacher, so hopefully can get something close by.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #72
PhillyDev
Low man on the totem pole
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27 Points: 2,001, Level: 27
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Fav Exercise: A heavy one.
PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Saturday, January 12, 2013
Squat w/ Rackable Cambered Bar
Bar x ????
Bar x ????
165x8
165x8
255x5
255x3
345x1
Wraps on
395x1

Training Grade: D
Today was going great, until I looked at my watch and realized that I had to go back to work. It was singles week, and I was shooting for a PR. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy that I am employed, there are people in positions way tougher than mine. However, I just want a Monday- Friday 9-5er. Now, I need some damn gear to squat and pull in and to find a meet.
PhillyDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #73
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Get it done. 395 is strong.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #74
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Nice work. Out of interest how does 395 compare to your straight bar PB?
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #75
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

PhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machinePhillyDev is a lifting machine

Straight bar is 455. The straight bar is easier. The Shoulder Saver bar, and Cambered bar put you in a weird position. They pull you down and forward. I've been going to a box for a while as well, just to drill depth.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #76
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post
Straight bar is 455. The straight bar is easier. The Shoulder Saver bar, and Cambered bar put you in a weird position. They pull you down and forward. I've been going to a box for a while as well, just to drill depth.
I have a 4" cambered bar so I feel your pain somewhat, wondered how much worse the big one was. Would like a SSB next I think then Giant Cambered. Got to persuade the gym owner though...
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #77
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I just want a Monday- Friday 9-5er. Now, I need some damn gear to squat and pull in and to find a meet.
I hear ya. Hope you can land something soon.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #78
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I have a 4" cambered bar so I feel your pain somewhat, wondered how much worse the big one was. Would like a SSB next I think then Giant Cambered. Got to persuade the gym owner though...
The SSB is like 4". The rack able is like 12 or 14". I like both. I need to get back on the straight bar soon.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #79
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Monday, January 14, 2013
Bench

Bar x ???
Bar x ???
135x10
135x10
185x8
225x5 - 1 sec paused reps

Training Grade: C
My right cuff and my left elbow have been giving me fits lately. I suspect that it's too much shirt work. I was doing 2 shirted weeks and then a raw light week. For the time being I will make it an every other week thing. Shirt, raw heavy, shirt , deload. It's been a rough week at the gym, Adam has been almost forced to pull out of the Arnold due to some pretty intense injuries. He is going to get a couple other opinions before deciding on what to do about it. Hopefully it's an expedient recovery for him.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #80
PhillyDev
Uber Brawn

Sorry for the lack of updates. It's been a rough week. I've been having some back issues lately, I'm not sure what's wrong, it feels like a ball of fire between my left shoulder blade , and spine, but closer to my spine. I think it's the 12-14 hour days on my feet on a shitty concrete floor. I slept on a lacrosse ball to see if the pressure would help and I only slept on it last night but its 100% better. Not all better, just better. I'll do I again tonight as well. I haven't done much at the gym. Spent some time with the fam and Adam promptly gave me shit for it. Saturday, I went to the gym on lunch to handle the guys for a big day. Byrd came out, we really didn't get a chance to talk much but he is a pretty strong squatter, and an ok dude. I'm going to get in my shirt on Monday and see where I stand for now. Still trying to get ahold of some more gear to enter a full equipped meet.