Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 01-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #151
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Weighted Vest purchased. Truthfully, i cannot wait to start the conditioning phase of this, the holidays packed WAY too much fat on
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #152
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
Weighted Vest purchased. Truthfully, i cannot wait to start the conditioning phase of this, the holidays packed WAY too much fat on
Who did you buy from? Go el cheapo or get something nice?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #153
tomahawk
Brawn
Points: 3,006, Level: 33 Points: 3,006, Level: 33 Points: 3,006, Level: 33
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

tomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Very strong MPs!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Thats about right for low carb. You can add a little more food if you like, but most of what you drop in the first 3-5 days is water. I've dropped as much as 25 pounds in a week doing low carb, most of it in the first 4 days, so I wouldn't worry too much yet. In other news, nice work!
I've done low carb before but never lost at this rate. I'm around 10lbs down after 4 days which was my target for the 10 days in total. It's good to know its not abnormal - just not what I was expecting.

Quote:
Liam getting Slim and Trim
Quote:
That's the plan. I'm looking into getting a weighted vest too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Makin it look easy boys. Puttin in werk.
Thanks. I'm glad it looks easy because it definitely isn't!

Sunday 27 January 2013

Conditioning

Javorek complex #1

Hang clean x 6
Power snatch x 6
Back squat into push press x 6
Good mornings x 6
Barbell row x 6

4 rounds done with 40kg/88lbs. My upper back was fried and my lungs were hurting but I like complexes and want to do them more often. I didn't time rest, just recovered enough so I knew I could complete the next round.

There seem to be a number of Javorek complexes, using both barbells and dumbells http://www.istvanjavorek.com/page2.html.

Rowing

3x100m with 30 seconds rest between reps

All done in 18-19 seconds. I used to row a lot and find it very beneficial because it is "off feet" conditioning so it keeps me fresh for rugby.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #154
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
There seem to be a number of Javorek complexes, using both barbells and dumbells http://www.istvanjavorek.com/page2.html.
Not seen those before, thanks for the link.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #155
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Who did you buy from? Go el cheapo or get something nice?
paid a buck fourty for a good one from Dick's.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Old 01-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #156
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

Default LRB Week 6/52, Day 1: Squats/Deadlifts

Monday, January 28th, 2013

Warmups

3x100 Jump Rope
PVC Rolling(IT Band, Back, Glutes)
Stretch (Hips, Shoulders, Piriformis, Hamstrings)
BW SQx25
RRFESSx10R,L
Side Lungesx5R,5L
Band Shoulder Dislocates MMx20
Band Pullaparts MMx50
Leg Swings(front to back, side to side)

Squats

135x3x3
160x5
185x4
215x3
240x2
275x1
285x1
295x1
240x3(paused)

Deadlifts

135x5
225x5
240x4
280x3
320x2
350x1
365x1
375x1
320x3

Leg Curls-65x20, 95x20
Prison Abs

#7x50
#8x35
#9x35

.Done.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #157
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Making it look easy I hope.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #158
tomahawk
Brawn
Points: 3,006, Level: 33 Points: 3,006, Level: 33 Points: 3,006, Level: 33
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

tomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good poststomahawk has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Not seen those before, thanks for the link.
You're welcome, from what I've read this guy seems to have invented the notion of complexes so I went straight to the top.

Monday 28 January 2013

5/3/1 Wave 4, Week 2, Day 1: 3's

Squat

1x5 75kg/165lbs
1x5 90kg/198lbs
1x5 107.5kg/236.5lbs
1x3 125kg/275lbs
1x3 142.5kg/313.5lbs
1x5 160kg/352lbs

Much better than last week. Again there is a video somewhere of my final set. On a couple of reps I dipped my head at the bottom so lost a little form.

RDL

3x10 65kg/143lbs

There felt heavy and my hamstring were still sore from last week so I cut it at 3 sets.

DB bench - 350 method

1x18 25kg/55lbs
1x17 25kg/55lbs
1x16 25kg/55lbs

51 reps in total. Up to 27.5kg next week.

Supersetted with...

Neutral grip pull ups

1x8 assisted by blue band
2x7 assisted by blue band

22 total reps - 4 more than last week. Loosing about 5kg seems to have helped a little. I'll get to 3x10 with the blue band and then think about progressing from there.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #159
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Tomahawked them squats. Keep it rolling.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #160
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn

Looking damn good Liam, see, told you the squat from last week was an anomaly.

BTB, everything is still crisp and easy, and considering the excessive amount of drinking i did over the weekend, those reps, even at the light % shouldn't have been easy.

Tuesday, January 29th, 2013

100 BPA's w/ MM
35 mins Steady STate