Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Thank you all so much! Only been squatting wide for about 10 months,not long,but no problems whatsoever. When I hit 340 a few weeks back I video from front,so I was unsure of depth. This next week gonna try the cambered bar for 340 again and get a better angle to see depth. Sometime I wanna try a new deadlift max 410lbs. I'm considering doing either front squats or 1PPS deadlift every Monday after a top squat set for volume/form. We shall see.

Probably do incline next Tuesday to make up for the ROM on floor presses,and depending on how I feel I might try for that 255 bench again in two weeks. Last week I failed to push press 200,might try some dumbell benching for a couple weeks then try push pressing again.

Tomorrow probably do 12 sets of speed squats,and forgo deadlifts or cleans since my finger still doesn't bend enough.

Lots of super strong people on this forum,I'm glad to be here.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #22
HIThopper
Max Brawn
Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributor

Nice liftin bud, sold floor press
HIThopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Lots of super strong people on this forum,I'm glad to be here.
We're glad you're here. Strong makes us strong(er).

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #24
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Thanks!

Thursday November 15th - DE Squats

(Clint Darden said that he found speed work to be ideal in the 70% range.And in a recent article,Louie Simmons added that on speed squats they go up to 70% [the wave used to be 50-60%] so in light of this,im going a little heavier in my own dynamic squat cycle)

Speed Squats - 180lbs - 2x12 (1RM being 340lbs) - 30 seconds rest between sets

Close Stance GMs - 135lbs - 3x10 (these were really easy.I found that previously i have been going too far forward and rounding my back,after watching some videos [one by our very own LtL {Al}] im gonna be able to be alot stronger on these with proper form!)

Leg Raises

Lower back was really sore.The only thing i can think of is the excess of bent over rows from Tuesday,however unlike my usual heavy rows with slight cheating,these were AAA+++ strict.Havnt done any rumble rolling in a couple days,must do some tonight.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #25
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

Default cut finger

I dunno if it was wrapped too tight too long and circulation stopped,or if its infected. Fingertip around the nail is ghost white and smells dead. Tomorrow might be spent in the hospital. Yikes! Stupidity takes its toll,yet again.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #26
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Quote:
I dunno if it was wrapped too tight too long and circulation stopped,or if its infected. Fingertip around the nail is ghost white and smells dead. Tomorrow might be spent in the hospital. Yikes! Stupidity takes its toll,yet again.
Bummer! Get that looked at! Smelling dead doesn't sound good.
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #27
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks!

Thursday November 15th - DE Squats

(Clint Darden said that he found speed work to be ideal in the 70% range.And in a recent article,Louie Simmons added that on speed squats they go up to 70% [the wave used to be 50-60%] so in light of this,im going a little heavier in my own dynamic squat cycle)

Speed Squats - 180lbs - 2x12 (1RM being 340lbs) - 30 seconds rest between sets

Close Stance GMs - 135lbs - 3x10 (these were really easy.I found that previously i have been going too far forward and rounding my back,after watching some videos [one by our very own LtL {Al}] im gonna be able to be alot stronger on these with proper form!)

Leg Raises

Lower back was really sore.The only thing i can think of is the excess of bent over rows from Tuesday,however unlike my usual heavy rows with slight cheating,these were AAA+++ strict.Havnt done any rumble rolling in a couple days,must do some tonight.
Definitely go with a higher percentage if you're training raw.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #28
JordanK91
Max Brawn
Points: 3,712, Level: 38 Points: 3,712, Level: 38 Points: 3,712, Level: 38
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Training Exp: 2 - beginner
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: USN Muscle Fuel
JordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributor

Strong work ED

Subbed to watch you smash your goals
JordanK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #29
muscle_g
Max Brawn
Points: 7,814, Level: 59 Points: 7,814, Level: 59 Points: 7,814, Level: 59
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: lifting since 12yrs old
Fav Exercise: Squats, Bench, Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Vitamins/Minerals
muscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributor

Nice squats!! Hope the finger is ok.

Best Lifts
625/450/500 Geared
405/315/475 Raw

Training log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16621
muscle_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #30
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

Thanks! Finger is better,looks normal color and doesn't smell (sorry for the gross description) Might go see th e doc when he gets an opening,not gonna pay for a hospital bill.

Thank you LtL,I was speed benching with someone else last month and just threw a plate on to keep it simple,and it was fast! So I think I shall up the percents,that 180 was the heaviest I've went on dynamic work and it wasn't bad despite my lower back.

Just got a call,some friends were in a head on collission but are somehow ok

Speed bench and some extreme triceps work tonight.