Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Thanks, both of you. I have a hard time updating during the week when I'm at school since I'm never on a computer during school... Yes, I know, you think it would be the other way around. Here are my two most recent workouts:

Squat: 210, 5x5.
Bench: 125 5x5.
Power Hang Clean: 140 3x3.
Pretty easy.

Squat: 215 5x5.
Press: 95 5x5. This wasn't too easy, but no grinding.
Deadlift: 250 1x5.
Face pulls and rope tricep work.

Christmas break is coming! And man, I need to pay attention to what I'm eating. I need to either decide to cut some or not or I'm gonna be like one of the kids who do GOMAD and don't need to. Too fat. I keep forgetting I'm working out with lighter weights than I used to, yet still eat like I'm back at chasing a 500 lb deadlift going heavy as hell every time.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
I keep forgetting I'm working out with lighter weights than I used to, yet still eat like I'm back at chasing a 500 lb deadlift going heavy as hell every time.
I've done that a few too many times myself

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #13
Davis
Max Brawn

Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Today... Kinda running a 3 day go and then off for 5 schedule as of late... Not the best idea. I need to make time during the school week..

Squats: 220 5x5. Got easier as sets went on oddly enough.

Bench: 135 5x5.

Hang PC: 145 3x3.

Everything's starting to get easier for the most part it seems. Though I could be wrong. Gonna try to start doing 10 lb jumps on deadlifts each workout they come up. I know I can be pushing those harder than I am. Squats may be able to be pushed a little here and there if I can keep up with my original plan of Tues, Thurs, Saturday rather than Fri-Sunday. Probably true for all other lifts too.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good luck with the progression Davis. Just keep listening to your body and you will be fine.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
Davis
Max Brawn

Thanks, Steve. I'm about to go in here in 30 minutes for today's lifting. So here's yesterday's. I can't bring my computer back to school with me or I'll be spending some time I don't have on video games(and I don't need it this semester) so I probably won't update again til the weekend.

Squats: 225 5x5. Not too bad at all. Very short rest periods. It seems my hips are becoming active movers in the squat again.

Press: 100 3x5. Didn't have time for two more sets. Short rest periods again.

Deadlifts: 260 1x5. Done right at the gym closing time.

Only had 30 minutes from the time I walked in til the gym closed. So really I only had about 25 minutes for my working sets including loading, unloading and rests. A few sets I did I probably only took 30-45 seconds in between. Slowly getting my strength back up. Hopefully I can make myself make the time to do the 1 on 1 off progression again this week to recover better between workouts.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

That's a decent amount of work in only 25 minutes.

Have a good week and keep moving forward.