Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Looking at your squat it appears we have the same body build and limitations. Do you have a hard time breaking parallel?
For me when I train for reps I can not hit parallel for my life but when I squat for singles however I have no problem going ass to grass, yet still I have difficulty hitting parallel precisely I am either to high or too low.

I think it because of my comfortable spot on my back which is always higher elbow placement which is similar to the yoke in strongman which knocks me too forward. As they say elbows must be under the bar when squatting. For power-lifting I squat way wider and have an easier time squatting to parallel, but then only work on singles. I am afraid I will tear my groin if I squat wide for reps.

Then again I blame it on being a strong deadlifter and a stubborn squatter. I only squat because it is taboo if you don't t.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #32
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Love the video man, very intense!
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #33
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Thanks rm
Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #34
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
For me when I train for reps I can not hit parallel for my life but when I squat for singles however I have no problem going ass to grass, yet still I have difficulty hitting parallel precisely I am either to high or too low.

I think it because of my comfortable spot on my back which is always higher elbow placement which is similar to the yoke in strongman which knocks me too forward. As they say elbows must be under the bar when squatting. For power-lifting I squat way wider and have an easier time squatting to parallel, but then only work on singles. I am afraid I will tear my groin if I squat wide for reps.

Then again I blame it on being a strong deadlifter and a stubborn squatter. I only squat because it is taboo if you don't t.
I never would have guessed you were a reluctant squatter. It seems that more lifters are reluctant deadlifters.

I have a strange frame. When I go hamstrings to calves, I'm barely below parallel. I have to literally sit into the squat to get any true depth. I have no problem squatting about one inch above parallel.

Anyway, thought you might have the same issue.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-09-2009 at 08:22 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #35
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
I never would have guessed you were a reluctant squatter. It seems that more lifters are reluctant deadlifters.

I have a strange frame. When I go hamstrings to calves, I'm barely below parallel. I have to literally site into the squat to get any true depth. I have no problem squatting about one inch above parallel.

Anyway, thought you might have the same issue.
I have that problem when I am trying to go heavy and keep form , I have squatted 475 almost as a good morning a while back and with my deadlift right near the 600lbs mark so to me my squat is pathetic. I think it is partially my frame, but mainly I just haven't learned how to sit back and feel comfortable with it. I just think we lean too forward or something, could be our builds. If you figure out any tips keep me posted.

And yeah I hate squats because no matter how you do it someone has something to say lol and its such a technical lift to get mastered. Dead-lifts are way more simple, contract,grind, lift, lockout.I love simple lol.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #36
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Technically, I'm farthest away from mastering the squat. I have such a strong back that I can get away with being less then perfect. I've spent time taping my squat and my back rounds when I go from almost parallel to ATG. I've tried everything to stop that...bodyweight squatting with knees close to a wall to prevent me from leaning forward, ultra wide stance, on and on.

I tried the bar lower on my back, but that doesn't help. I video taped myself trying for perfect form in the hole with the bar on top of traps, and the bar lower and I couldn't tell the pictures apart.

Anyway, I've pretty much just accepted the fact that I'll never be a world class squatter. It's generally what keeps me from seriously pursuing powerlifting. Push/pull meets are more exciting to me anyway.

Someday maybe I'll meet a world class squatter who can give me some help.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #37
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Technically, I'm farthest away from mastering the squat. I have such a strong back that I can get away with being less then perfect. I've spent time taping my squat and my back rounds when I go from almost parallel to ATG. I've tried everything to stop that...bodyweight squatting with knees close to a wall to prevent me from leaning forward, ultra wide stance, on and on.

I tried the bar lower on my back, but that doesn't help. I video taped myself trying for perfect form in the hole with the bar on top of traps, and the bar lower and I couldn't tell the pictures apart.

Anyway, I've pretty much just accepted the fact that I'll never be a world class squatter. It's generally what keeps me from seriously pursuing powerlifting. Push/pull meets are more exciting to me anyway.

Someday maybe I'll meet a world class squatter who can give me some help.
Hey remember you can always become a gear whore and squat 300lbs more then you ever though possible! ehh but yeah I guess we have to keep on toying with the squat till cap't Kirk stumbles on our videos and fixs are ugly forms lol .
Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Hey remember you can always become a gear whore and squat 300lbs more then you ever though possible! ehh but yeah I guess we have to keep on toying with the squat till cap't Kirk stumbles on our videos and fixs are ugly forms lol .
No gear whore here. I don't want to have to get dressed to lift weights.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #39
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
No gear whore here. I don't want to have to get dressed to lift weights.
Me either the first time I tried on briefs it took me longer to get them on and off then my entire squat workout. I love lifting raw,especially at meets where I see guys turning blue before they ever touch the bar.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:17 AM   #40
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Me either the first time I tried on briefs it took me longer to get them on and off then my entire squat workout. I love lifting raw,especially at meets where I see guys turning blue before they ever touch the bar.
I feel the same way. I have a buddy that has a bench shirt, and after hearing about his "fun" getting it on, I decided that I would never go down that road. It's just not what I enjoy about lifting.

I enjoy the pursuit of more more rep and one more pound. It's never been about an overall total for me, just about beating myself. I know that sounds corny, but it's true.

Besides, I'd rather spend the extra money on food.