Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 11-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Congrats on the PR. You do any overhead pressing on Tuesdays, or keep that only on Saturdays with the clean and press work? I assumed just Saturdays...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Congrats on the PR. You do any overhead pressing on Tuesdays, or keep that only on Saturdays with the clean and press work? I assumed just Saturdays...
I used to do strict pressing on tuesday with my bench but it became too much and effected my saturdays. I am planing on alternating between close grip and incline bench presses as assistance compounds and just do push presses on sats for awhile. My max strict press was 240lbs but I felt strict pressing just screws up the tech for push pressing.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
I used to do strict pressing on tuesday with my bench but it became too much and effected my saturdays. I am planing on alternating between close grip and incline bench presses as assistance compounds and just do push presses on sats for awhile. My max strict press was 240lbs but I felt strict pressing just screws up the tech for push pressing.
I train in my basement and with the low ceiling, no push presses for me. I would really prefer trying them vs. seated presses, but what can you do.

When's your next competition, btw...or did I miss that?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
I train in my basement and with the low ceiling, no push presses for me. I would really prefer trying them vs. seated presses, but what can you do.

When's your next competition, btw...or did I miss that?
I am not sure yet, I might compete in the paxton 5 competition but I am not sure if I am ready to compete again just yet.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/en...entryform3.pdf

Ok got to get ready for tonight's brutal squat dead-lift session
Old 11-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post

Ok got to get ready for tonight's brutal squat dead-lift session
The sweet words I love to hear.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #16
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
The sweet words I love to hear.
You and me, we're opposites.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #17
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default Thursday November 5 2009

Squats
270x5
310x5
350x5

Deadlifts
365x5
420x5
480x5 PR

Front Squats *Olympic grip
185x5
205x5
235x5* pr for grip

Chain suspended Stiff legged Good mornings *one minute rest sets
95x10
95x15
95x20

Back Sand bag Lunges + hyper extensions + front s.bag lunges
50lbs/60ft + 10 + 50lbs/60 ft back
50lbs/60ft + 5reps w/50lbs bag/10 regular+ 50lbs/60ft back

R.wrist curls
*fast action pump
15x20
20x20
25x12
30x12

Notes: Long, boring but super effective. Still playing around with some ideas, setting up the chains suspensions take too long, so I may improvise some sand bag good mornings and work it into one big lunge, GM, hyper-extension medley. Over all felt good, I HATE DOING REPS on deads more then anything but set a nice pr. Video coming up sunday with my sat strongman stuff.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Congrats on the new PR. Regarding front squats...I've tried an Olympic grip once and just couldn't get the feel for it. I felt like my grip was slipping. How's your gripping feel? Or have you been doing them for a while?

Old 11-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Congrats on the new PR. Regarding front squats...I've tried an Olympic grip once and just couldn't get the feel for it. I felt like my grip was slipping. How's your gripping feel? Or have you been doing them for a while?
I have spent a lot of months working on flexibility on my off time trying to learn the grip, it was way easier on an axle/fat bar than a on barbell for me and just found myself being able to do it after a awhile. Trick is really strong wrist wraps and to put them on your whole wrist and not just on half of it like most people do. I will have my video of all my lifts by sunday so you can get an idea of how I do it, but I just try to keep it on my shoulders and upper chest and focus on letting it stay there by just keeping my elbows high as possible.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #20
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Solid stuff Gamma! Nice PR.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote