Old 10-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #1051
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

Sorry your day didn't go as planned and obviously the events of the day before didn't help matters. But honestly, you need to stop doing these kinds of shows. The Bix shows and the first time promoters are just awful, awful things. If you want to do a well run show in NY, you need to go to Battle at the Barn, Viking Fest, Battle of the Badass or Hudson Valley Strongman. Any show put on by the state chairs in PA is going to be a ****fest. Now I know you were doing this one to help out a friend. But they should have let competitors know about possible changes to the show and they should not be having the competitors moving the equipment. That's on the promoter to provide that help. So I can understand your frustration.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #1052
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Sorry to hear that big tony. Smash it at the PL training and dont look back on this disaster, wasent in your hands and you did the best you could under the circumstances.

SFW Brother!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #1053
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Sorry to hear this BigT, I'm not familiar with these events but it does sound to have been poorly organized. Keep your head up Bro and move on to your next challenge!!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #1054
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Sorry to hear this BigT, I'm not familiar with these events but it does sound to have been poorly organized. Keep your head up Bro and move on to your next challenge!!
Thanks guys. Everything would have went smoothly if it would have stuck to normal procedure of the lighter classes lifting lighter weights first, and more warm up time even despite the shortcomings. I am sure everyone meant their best to make it a great show, but either way anyone looks at it, I got the raw end of the deal. SFW!
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #1055
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Monday October 11 2010

Box Squat Vs Choked Monster Mini Bands (18inch box)
295+BTx3
295+BTx2
295+BTx2
295+BTX2
315+BTx2
315+BTx2
315+BTx2
345+BTx2
345+BTx2
345+BTx2
315+BTx2
315+BTx2
315+BTx2
*Was supposed to be 12 sets but I got tired and did one extra, also did 3 reps at first, only supposed to be 2. Trying to follow a modified Westside split, since this was DE day.

Bench Press(wide grip)VS Choked Monster Minis
205+BTx3
225+BTx3
240+BTx3
Chaos Wide Grip Bench VS Choked Monster mini's
(225)175+50+BTX3*(hanging 25's each side)

Assortment of standing and seated calf raises

Pec dec Vs Monster Mini's*(this was fun)

Was supposed to deadlift light today, but the missing callous wasn't enough to snuff and I am still tired from competition so I scratched it this week.Strict Pressing and Narrow Grip Benching on Wed, so I kept the DE Bench work light today.Overall training was pretty good, all things considered.Finally broke in the belt BTB sent me some months ago! THANKS A MILLION STEVE! Since the weight loss,went from 270 to now between 256(empty stomach) and 260 on a full tank, the belt fits into the 3rd NOTCH! Super pr for me.

On a personal level my heart hurts really bad, One day I will elaborate on my ranting blog. Its been 4days since my supposed best friend has even contacted me, and I am so pissed it would be bold and disastrous if I tried to reach out to her. Long story, don't want to get into it under then I was back stabbed, betrayed, and for the dumbest, stupidest, lamest of reasons. I was this chick's spine, and the one time I wanted to be selfish, she turned on me. Been listening to a lot of Pantera (Walk, Mouth for War, This Love and Hollow) to cope and of course my all time favorite song by Terror-OVERCOME!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #1056
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100

big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good squatting there big tony. Keep at it bro youll get over that probs in no time, MAB family are behind you.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #1057
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default Wednesday October 13 2010

Power Clean and Barbell Strict Press*the racks were taken >=C
133x3
173x3
221x2*pr on the clean for a barbell
231 continental clean and push press x1
~didn't plan on going heavy but 173 just felt to damn light. Wendler' wants 185 for 5+ reps so I will give it to him next week.

Narrow Grip Bench Press
225x5
260x3
295x4*was supposed to hit 5+but gassed out, will do it next week. I was supposed to deload this week anyway but felt good.

Power curl(with Barbell)
95x5
105x5
120x5

Flat back wide grip legs in air pause bench press
135x3x5seconds pauses x3sets*Wanted to do floor presses but this was just faster and easier.

Burnt out. Even thought the strength is there, the C.N.S is not. Fatigued fast after those strict presses. Going to just make friday my dynamic effort day and take the sunday/monday it would be on to rest up for my week back on wendler.

Weighed myself at 253 when I came home from the gym tonight, so hoping once I rehydrate I will be under 255 tomorrow morning. Considering the lower weight and the basic same strength minus a rep or two, I am feeling pretty good. I am back in action.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #1058
Beer War Master
Hammer
Brawn
Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15 Points: 860, Level: 15
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Beer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributorBeer War Master is a consistent contributor

Strong workout as always bro. U have been laying back on powerlifting for a very long while and i think its time for powerlifting. Time to deadlift 700.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:48 AM   #1059
big_swede
Max Brawn

Strong work bbg and glad to hear your back on track again!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:14 AM   #1060
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Holy Sh!t BigT! Pulled some motivation outa your a$$...LOL Killer work Bro, glad to see your rebound!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote