Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default Monday September 20 2010

Went to the Hudson Valley Strongman Competition this weekend to handle my friend Andrew aka the "Polish Demon", Same competition Big bad "Stone Giant" Craig was in. Got to witness both those madmen attempt a 483lbs stone. Craig almost had it lapped at least twice, I should know I was right next to him when he did it. INSANE! No doubt in my mind he will lap it, lift it,and load it the next time he encounters it.

My body for some reason is still feeling a bit bruised up, However weighed myself around 7pm and was shocked to see I was @258lbs. Even after a hefty dinner tonight I am only 261lbs. Feeling very optimistic that I will reach 255lbs or under in the morning time before October 9th.

Will test my strength this Wednesday on events and assistance exercises specific for the events in my competition. In case your wondering, the ultimate goal is to stay in the mid 250's up until January 29, a long time away, and cut to the 242's and total 1500+,at a IPA Powerlifting Meet. I just want to drop weight before my strongman competition just to be faster at events, and to get a jump start now.

Biggest Secret to my weight loss:Lots of Coke Zero and Water, to kick my bad habit of 2liters+ and 800+ of empty calories a day of regular soda, that I was used to consuming.

Last edited by Bodybygamma; 09-20-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add date
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #1022
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Went to the Hudson Valley Strongman Competition this weekend to handle my friend Andrew aka the "Polish Demon", Same competition Big bad "Stone Giant" Craig was in. Got to witness both those madmen attempt a 483lbs stone. Craig almost had it lapped at least twice, I should know I was right next to him when he did it. INSANE! No doubt in my mind he will lap it, lift it,and load it the next time he encounters it.

My body for some reason is still feeling a bit bruised up, However weighed myself around 7pm and was shocked to see I was @258lbs. Even after a hefty dinner tonight I am only 261lbs. Feeling very optimistic that I will reach 255lbs or under in the morning time before October 9th.

Will test my strength this Wednesday on events and assistance exercises specific for the events in my competition. In case your wondering, the ultimate goal is to stay in the mid 250's up until January 29, a long time away, and cut to the 242's and total 1500+,at a IPA Powerlifting Meet. I just want to drop weight before my strongman competition just to be faster at events, and to get a jump start now.

Biggest Secret to my weight loss:Lots of Coke Zero and Water, to kick my bad habit of 2liters+ and 800+ of empty calories a day of regular soda, that I was used to consuming.
I saw some video of Phil Jr on the stones...he'll get it next time fo sho. Yah switching to diet soda will drop some fat.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #1023
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

RELAXING INTO THE STRETCH stool leg stretch movements and Foam Rolling.TAKE THAT OVER TENSE MUSCLES!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:13 AM   #1024
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default Wednesday September 22 2010

Axle Strict Press
210x2*shut it down here, felt heavy

Log Clean and Press
225x2
250x2*(2cleans and 2 presses)
250x1*Lost the log on both attempts after lockout. Was very slow on getting it off my chest, almost a strict press yet, I had a bit of explosion on getting my head through once the log was almost locked out which caused me to lose control of the log.

Pissed off since this Wed it decided to thunder storm just as I'm walking to the gym and make it super humid.Not to mention is was late and I didn't eat enough since I been so busy with school and was rushing.

Shut it down. Going to SFW! Tomorrow, saving the spectacular performance for the competition itself.My main focus now is working out the kinks, refining technique and surviving until October 9... This is going to be one long month.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:25 AM   #1025
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice job on the weight loss Tony. Noticing any energy or strength drain?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #1026
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice job on the weight loss Tony. Noticing any energy or strength drain?
Everything feels heavier but strength is still there.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:51 AM   #1027
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default Friday September 24 2010

Safety Squat Bar GM Squats off low pins(below parallel)
137x3
187x3
227x10* Pretty Brutal.
*Pins were very low bar was lower than my stomach, felt weird.

Smith Machine Squats Verus Heavy Bands
2plates X(HBands) 5
3plates X(HBands) 5
4plates X(HBands) 5
3plates X(HBands) 7*slammed the safety called it quits,as I did the reps fast and was gassed.

Trapbar Deadlifts

225x1
315x1
405x1
495x1
585x1(plus 5 second hold)*knurling is brutal
*Haven't done trap bar deadlifts in a long time. Felt awkward but pretty easy.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #1028
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good workout man, never tried the safety bar squats but with an gm it sounds ****ing brutal.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #1029
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Good stuff Tony. Do you front squat? I'm curious, because Dan Harrison has told me that at his level front squatting isn't worth it as he's dealing with too much weight to keep in his arms so he uses safety bar squats instead.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #1030
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Thanks Big Swede. The GM/Squat off the pins as I call it was pretty brutal since it was very low for me, but think it will help strengthen my stone lifting muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
Good stuff Tony. Do you front squat? I'm curious, because Dan Harrison has told me that at his level front squatting isn't worth it as he's dealing with too much weight to keep in his arms so he uses safety bar squats instead.
I seldom ever do front squats and if I do it is more so to help my overhead racking ability with an Olympic grip. I find for front squats to be effective you need to be built or train with an upright squatting leverage. When I power back squat meaning low bar, medium wide stance and parallel depth(ideally), and since I am a stronger deadlifter I use a more arched back as well I can't get comfortable front squatting heavy.

I don't see a point for me to use a cross grip on front squats, since there only specific use for me is just to handle heavier weights on overheads,so I try to oly grip it which is hard, and when I go past 335lbs I just end up throwing the weight off mid way since I am not used to upright, up and down squats.Safety Squat bar resembles a front squat in the sense you need to push the bar up on the way up with your arms. I am doing them to let my back rest up from such heavy squats (for me) last month and to just try something new and not as taxing before my competition.