Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Deads felt like a grind today. I backed off 5 lbs. So I was pulling 260 today. Started warming up with heavier weights so I could save some energy for the working set. only pulled 3, 1, 1. All my other lifts are still progessing.
I feel sometimes that I am pshyching myself out. If I know all I have to do is 6 reps on the final set to beat my last workout, it seems that is all I can do..
Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
Deads felt like a grind today. I backed off 5 lbs. So I was pulling 260 today. Started warming up with heavier weights so I could save some energy for the working set. only pulled 3, 1, 1. All my other lifts are still progessing.
I feel sometimes that I am pshyching myself out. If I know all I have to do is 6 reps on the final set to beat my last workout, it seems that is all I can do..
We all hit skids like that.

You'll overcome.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #23
begota
Brawn

What a great gym session I had today. I have only a few more workouts left in this cycle. I bumped up weight on all but one exercise, and almost hit the rep ceilings with my new weight.
Knees hurt a bit while using leg drive on my bench. Never had that happen before. Never had my knees hurt, ever.
I didn't eat as big as I normally do before my workout, and I am wondering if my pre-w/o was better absorbed. Was afraid I wouldn't have the energy to get through this. I also am using way less warm up sets.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #24
begota
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
We all hit skids like that.

You'll overcome.
How true those words were today.

I love following up a great workout with another great workout. I pulled 260 today; 3 sets for 3 reps (my rep ceiling). My last workout of the cycle, and now I am off to cruise for a week, so I will deload while sailing. I backed off how much I ate again, and increased my pre-w/o by a scoop and I felt great again. I wonder if this is a key I have found or a superstition that just affects my mental game. Either way I smashed these last two workouts and I am happy to end on such a high note.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
What a great gym session I had today. I have only a few more workouts left in this cycle. I bumped up weight on all but one exercise, and almost hit the rep ceilings with my new weight..
Nice!

Old 11-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #26
begota
Brawn

Ahhh... back in the gym. Feels so good.

Took a week off deloading and started my new 3x3 eight week cycle. This will end just about the end of the year, and my projected maxes will be in line with my goals.

Really had to check my ego at the door today. Pulling 180 when I was pulling 260 felt like nothing, until I got to the last set. I really like doing my assistance work. because when I get stronger on those exercises I see gains on my big lifts. Going to have trust the simplicity of this workout, and just give it 100% everyday
Old 11-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Good luck with the 3x3.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #28
begota
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good luck with the 3x3.
Thanks BtB.

Second day in the gym, and I was wayyyy sore before I went. I almost wussed out and didn't go. Motivation is going to be hard to keep up when my weights are set for each week, and there isn't a pr to chase after. Having a hard time walking today.

I totally get the idea of this workout, plus I will be so comfortable with my lifts that bad form will be just about gone.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I almost wussed out and didn't go.
Glad you didn't. Nice work!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #30
begota
Brawn

First week is a wrap. Two days off and then I up the weight. This 3x3 takes some getting use to, but I am adapting quickly. Today was too easy. I weighed myself the other day and I am heavy. That cruise helped me add 10 lbs. I am heavier than I have ever been.

My goal was to get strong and build muscle, but I got carried away. I have to reign in my diet and lose weight. I set my goals according to the the 220 raw weight class, so I will have to get back down to that. 20 lbs will be easy.