Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-18-2012, 03:03 AM   #71
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
maybe just being on your feet, or twisted the knee the wrong way. Either way, hope it does not linger.
Thanks JB. No soreness from my knee today, so I am happy.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #72
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
Thanks JB. No soreness from my knee today, so I am happy.
Good deal, nothing like an injury to slow progress down!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #73
begota
Brawn

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Day 2 of Week 6

Heavy Bench today: 160 for a triple. Funny thing, but I knew this would happen, my grip switched back to narrow. Still not as narrow as before though. I figured when I got back up to heavier weights my form would switch back to it's old self, and it did. Now isn't the time to switch my form up, so I will just try to be as comfortable as I can.

Deadlifts: Only pulling 190 for 3x3 so I wasn't struggiling. My stance opened up and I feel so much quicker, and solid.

Squats: Also not lifting big but just trying to keep a 3x3 going. No changes in my form. Squats feel solid, but the weight is light. Next workout is heavy squats so I will be able to see if my work has paid off.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #74
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Nice work with the 3s! Threes the charm.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:48 AM   #75
begota
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Nice work with the 3s! Threes the charm.
Thanks Elite. The 3x3 program is a different breed than what I'm use to, but now I think I will miss it when it's gone.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:13 AM   #76
begota
Brawn

Week 6: Done

Third and last day of week six is a wrap. Heavy squats. Felt heavy today. Probably because I trimmed my beard. I have never worn a belt when squatting, but I might try it out. I felt my lower back trying give way. (which is a reason why I miss assistance work) I need to work more on my posterior chain to get the numbers I want.

I haven't been using any pre w/o since I started this last phase. In and out in a half hour or less, so no real need plus I like cycling off whenever I can. The fewer scoops the better.

Deadlifts were nice today. Kept my stance open and I got the bar up quicker, with less pressure on my lower back. ...Side note... I have noticed that my form has opened up with everyone of my lifts.

Bench press. Really wore me out today. I like where my feet are, and my grip is moderate. Started using long pauses at the bottom and just blasting it to lockout. Weight isn't heavy so I might as well have some fun with it.

This whole Christmas deal is going to interfere with my gym schedule. I am going to have to figure something out so I don't mess up my routine too much. Hard to believe this is almost over with.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #77
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Enjoy Christmas if I don't hear from you.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #78
begota
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Enjoy Christmas if I don't hear from you.
Thanks BtB. Not big on Christmas, but I will enjoy the extra day off. Too bad the gym is closed.

Week 7 Day 1:

Heavy Deads - Today I pulled 280 for three singles.(My goal for the end of the year is 300.) Never pulled that much before, so I am proud. Glad I used my belt today. The first two went great, but the last one was off. I had gathered a bit of an audience and that knocked my focus. The last one got out in front of me and I almost fell over, but I threw my head back and got the lockout.

Didn't eat anything, but a banana today so the rest of my workout was tough. A bit upset at myself for forgetting to eat more, but I made it through the workout.

Bench went well. Noticed my leg drive was diminishing with each rep, but I chocked it up to the weights being light.

Squats took a while to finish up. Lack of calories is my first guess. Not sure why I am having such an issue with squats these past few weeks. I have tried moving them to the first thing I do to see if I was just tired, but to tell the truth I just don't think I am strong enough in my ham-bones, and gluties.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #79
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice deadlift work! Congrats.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #80
begota
Brawn

Day 2 of Week 7

Heavy Bench today: Man, was it heavy today. I was only pushing 175 (my goal is 200 for the end of the year). I'm not sure if I have ever pushed 175 before, but I think that is where I left off in my last program. I normally have been hitting triples for my heavy days, but I kind of struggled on my second attempt, so I left it at that. Program only prescribes 2 singles, so I didn't skimp, just didn't go the extra mile. I took too long on my warm up sets. I should have just knocked it down, but I fooled around making sure I was absolutely ready. Also because my form has been changing, I didn't feel as comfortable as I normally do.

Squats were no problem today. I crushed it, even though it was only 3x3 with 185. I have really been having a hard time squatting, but the time off I think really helped out.

Deads felt good today as well. Not pulling much today, but form felt good. I didn't fall foward today, and kept it on my heels.