Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Wonderful thoughts brother,keep on training hard!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #42
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

If you ever want to talk via phone and ask some questions, I'm all ears.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #43
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Wonderful thoughts brother,keep on training hard!
Thanks EliteDreams, I really appreciate it. I love reading your log and posts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
If you ever want to talk via phone and ask some questions, I'm all ears.
I will take you up on your offer. I have a ton of questions. I should write them down, because my memory is going. Thanks a ton.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #44
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
Thanks EliteDreams, I really appreciate it. I love reading your log and posts as well.

I will take you up on your offer. I have a ton of questions. I should write them down, because my memory is going. Thanks a ton.
PM me. I have time on Sunday if you do.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #45
begota
Brawn

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Last workout of week three. Proud of getting it done in less than an hour, but that really kicked my butt. I think I have solved my dilemma of whether or not to up my sets to an even 8 across the board. I don't think it will be necessary. I am already pushing a ton of volume, I up the weight in two days, and this is the last week, before I go into the peaking phase. No need to kill myself before I try to kill myself.

I ate well and took three scoops of pre w/o, so I was a little surprised when I ran out of gas today. My guess is the intensity was higher than I normally work at.

Dislocated my shoulder on the bench press tonight. I was pulling the weight off the rack and pop. Wasn't sure what to do... so I just held the weight there while wincing in pain, then rolled my shoulder back in it's socket. Once it was back in I just finished my sets up as quickly as I could. Thought I was done for. This use to happen quite often, but more so on my right side. Since I have been lifting again, my shoulders have been holding very well.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #46
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Sorry to hear about the shoulder issue. How bad does it feel today?

Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #47
begota
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sorry to hear about the shoulder issue. How bad does it feel today?
Shoulder was pretty sore today. A little swollen, and movement was limited. I have been through this before, so I was prepared when I got home. I took naproxen sodium, and put some ice on it. Had to weigh kegs today for inventory, so no excuses. I had to get in there and do it.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #48
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Good luck. Hope it goes well during your next session.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #49
begota
Brawn

Day one of week four. This is the last week of the volume stage. I missed my workout on Wednesday, but I am not too upset. My shoulder needed the time off to recoup.

Didn't make it through the entire workout. Stopped short on the last set of squats. I was seeing stars on the last rep, and allllmost passed out on the next to last rep. It is just so much volume that I gas out rather quickly. As I write this I am thinking about adding in some endurance work after this plan.

Pulling 200 today for 7 sets of 5. Halfway through I had to switch to alt grip, as my forearms were burning rather quickly. Felt my weight switch to my toes today when pulling, which bothers my ego about my form.

I had a decent meal, and I am on 3 scoops of my pre w/o, but I felt like today just wasn't my day. Not sure if it is just a funk, or if I need to change something. Just going to keep it consistent and not psych myself out.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #50
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

No passing out! That volume would kill me. Nice work.