Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

That 10 pounds should come off quickly. Get after it hombre.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #32
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That 10 pounds should come off quickly. Get after it hombre.
Thanks BtB

Started my second week, and up'ed the weight and sets. Last workout was too easy, and I felt so strong today. Volume work isn't as glamorous at heavy work, but I feel great doing it.

I know it's not the program that makes me stronger, but the work I put in...but it can't hurt to believe that I am always on the best program. Placebo effect I guess...
Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It's always good to sell out to the program. Everything works if the man behind it works the plan.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 AM   #34
begota
Brawn

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

What a great workout today. Even though I felt like I could do another set of each I just kept it going with the same, so my OCD doesn't act up.

I got to the gym today and two guys I haven't worked out with in awhile were there today, doing a new routine(bodybuilding type). I love working out with these guys, even though we were doing different routines, we still looked over at each other and gave each other encouragement, support, and tips.

I guess the best part came when my buddy asked how to bench more. He was reading on the internet that he needs to use leg drive, and asked me how to do that. I was giving a quick demonstration on the set-up, and actual press, when the assistant manager came over to watch. Thought I was in trouble, nope, she just wanted to get in on the demo.

I'm not a fitness expert, or even a pro lifter, but I sure do love working with people while working out. When I first started these guys showed me some really good stuff, and I was finally able to return the favor.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #35
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I'm not a fitness expert, or even a pro lifter, but I sure do love working with people while working out.
Excellente. That's what it's all about for me too. Have a great weekend.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #36
begota
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Excellente. That's what it's all about for me too. Have a great weekend.
Thanks for all the encouragement you give me, Steve

Really had to sweat it out this last workout of week two. I ate virtually nothing before I went today and I could feel it. Not going to make that mistake again.

Two days off and I get to up my weight, and hopefully up the reps as well. Started off with the minimum number sets and I am slowly climbing up each week. If volume is the key to building strength, then I am going to make my goals for the end of the year. Speaking of goals I wish I had estimated my current maxes a little higher than I did, but I'm not worried because I had goals set and I will reach them.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Good attitude. Get it.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #38
begota
Brawn

Beginning day one of week three today. Not exactly smashing the weights today. I blame the tequila. I normally never drink, but work has been rough and mentally I needed to cut loose.

I upped the weight and did an extra set today, but it took me an extra half hour to get through this workout. Pretty dehydrated so I ended up drinking 3 liters of water while at the gym, a little too late though to be hydrating for a workout.

I had to fight my head today to do those extra sets. Hardest fight I have ever been in with myself. But you know what? When you think you cannot do anymore, you have to look deep inside to find it. I was deadlifting and was going to stop at set 6, but a 73 year old man came over and talked to me (about how no one ever deadlifts anymore, because they are pansies) and totally inspired me, so I cranked out that 7th set. He was sent from above to kick my butt in gear.

A little long for a journal, but it feels good to write it out. The more I go through this journey, the more I realise that lifting is only a small fraction of getting stronger. Mentally, emotionally, and spiritually you get stronger before you will ever get physically stronger. If you can't fight your demons and beat them back, then you will fall short every time.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #39
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Write it out...

Quote:
but a 73 year old man came over and talked to me (about how no one ever deadlifts anymore, because they are pansies) and totally inspired me, so I cranked out that 7th set. He was sent from above to kick my butt in gear.
Way to dig deep.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #40
begota
Brawn

Workout number two of week three down and done. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as the last one. Correcting my mistakes every chance i get. None the less it was still a grind today. I remember whining about how easy this workout was, now I am crying that it is kicking my butt. Never satisfied I guess. I am a bit worried that my workout is running a bit long. I think I was in the gym for an hour and a half. I still want to up my sets for next week, but I am thinking I may not. That might put me at two hours. When I get home I will post a question to the forum and get some advice.

Talked to the wife about competing in powerlifting and she gave me the go ahead. I just need to get up to some shows and talk to some guys who have been there and done that. What to expect and what not. I have been reading as much as possible, and all I need now is a singlet and better belt, and I will be there.