Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
Just got back from the gym. I am nearing the end of this 12 weeks cycle, and my progression has slowed considerably, so I have been looking around at different routines. I want to keep my main three lifts, and I was thinking about a 3x3, or maybe a doug hepburn 8x2.
I really want to hit 300 lbs on my deadlift, and squat (not 1rm max, but working sets) by the end of the year.
Good luck hombre. Smash it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
begota
Brawn

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster2981 View Post
Hi,

I had discussed a routine with you on the shout box and you had bookmarked the link. You can go through and try that. Here is the link for your reference, if it suits you.

The 3x3 Program

Good luck.
I have been reading up on the 3x3 routine, and I think I am going to go with it once I finish my current plan. I really like the powerbuilding routines, but I want to focus on my big three to complete my goals for the end of this year.
On a side note I have been looking at the classes for powerlifting competitions. I want to at least get into a catagory, and maybe compete.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #13
begota
Brawn

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good luck hombre. Smash it.
Thanks BtB!!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #14
begota
Brawn

Big thanks to themaster2981. After talking to him, I bought a belt the other day and got to use it today for my deadlift session. I was amazed at how easy it was to pull the bar. I was stuck at 255x3 for 3, 2, 1. Thought I was at a plateau, but I hit my rep ceiling, and am ready to drop another 10 on the bar. Looks like I am on track for hitting my goals.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #15
themaster2981
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Creatine Mono
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Big thanks to themaster2981. After talking to him, I bought a belt the other day and got to use it today for my deadlift session. I was amazed at how easy it was to pull the bar. I was stuck at 255x3 for 3, 2, 1. Thought I was at a plateau, but I hit my rep ceiling, and am ready to drop another 10 on the bar. Looks like I am on track for hitting my goals.
Congratulations!

keep hitting the weights. I am not an expert, but I am always there to help wherever I can.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Looks like I am on track for hitting my goals.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #17
begota
Brawn

I've missed a workout a week lately so I have only hit the gym twice a week for the last 3 weeks. My progress is still moving along nicely.

DL - 265 - two sets for two reps, missed the third set. I think I am spending too much energy warming up. I should start higher than 135

Bench - 145 - just hit my rep ceiling tonight so I bumping it up next session

Squat - 215 - Also hit my rep ceiling and want to bump up ten pounds, but I have struggled getting my squat numbers up, so I may only go five.

I don't think i will be dissapointed if I don't reach my goals at the end of the year. My numbers were moving so rapidly I was sure I could smash them. I just gotta put more time in and watch my nutrition a little closer.
A little concerned that I may not be getting good sleep. I need to post a question to the forum and get some feedback.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:18 AM   #18
themaster2981
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Creatine Mono
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Quote:
I've missed a workout a week lately so I have only hit the gym twice a week for the last 3 weeks. My progress is still moving along nicely.

DL - 265 - two sets for two reps, missed the third set. I think I am spending too much energy warming up. I should start higher than 135

Bench - 145 - just hit my rep ceiling tonight so I bumping it up next session

Squat - 215 - Also hit my rep ceiling and want to bump up ten pounds, but I have struggled getting my squat numbers up, so I may only go five.

I don't think i will be dissapointed if I don't reach my goals at the end of the year. My numbers were moving so rapidly I was sure I could smash them. I just gotta put more time in and watch my nutrition a little closer.
A little concerned that I may not be getting good sleep. I need to post a question to the forum and get some feedback.
Numbers are good, Begota.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I need to post a question to the forum and get some feedback.
Have at 'er.

How many times a week do you generally want to train?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #20
begota
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Have at 'er.

How many times a week do you generally want to train?
I like training 3 times a week per my program. I would like to do 4 just because lifting is therapeutic to me.