themaster2981
Max Brawn
Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Creatine Mono
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
Back in the gym after a slight delay. I wrecked my back on a deadlifts. My belt was too loose and too high up. I was losing my grip and I tweaked a bit to get a better hold on the bar, but I felt my lower back pop, and I knew it was over. I just grabbed my things and left.

Being injured for 3 weeks really puts me behind on my goals. I have to start at much lower weights and ease back in now. My body weight hasn't moved in the direction I wanted it to either, but no wonder, I hadn't changed much in my diet. This week I have taken it serious and I bought everything I need to make sure I have healthy food around. Thinking about revising my goals. Instead of adding any weight to my lifts, I will focus on maintaining my strength while I focus on weight loss.

My gym took away one of the two bench press weight benches, and replaced it with two pulley machines. Now it is going to be difficult to get anytime there, and I don't want to monopolize it either, so I feel uncomfortable..looks like I will switch gyms soon.

Because I am easing back in to my lifts I'm not going to post any numbers yet. I am just happy to be back finding my groove. Left without doing my upright rows, but I was pretty beat.
This lower back injury is spreading like an epidemic on MAB. Be careful and go slow, form form from. I am thinking of slowing myself down and concentrate more on form. Nothing depresses me more than an injury.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 03:51 AM   #102
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

First day deadlifting since I messed up my back. Everything went well. I didn't get a chance to hit the gym last week, so I have only lifted once a week, since my injury, so far. I've been using a program I like, but I have changed some exercises. The same program I ran before (in the beginning of this log). I have changed the seated overhead press with Military press, and I'm using close grip bench instead of triceps extensions. Other than that I just changed the variations given, for the ones I haven't done. ie. barbell curl for dumbbell curl.

So today went something like this. I backed the weight wayyyy down so I can get used to lifting without incurring any injury.

Deadlift -
3 reps @ 225
3 reps @ 225
3 reps @ 225
I am glad I dropped the weight down. I had to rest a good bit to get that last rep in. I almost let it go at 2, because I was scared that I would hurt myself as I was feeling a little weak.

Military Press -
4 reps@ 95
4 reps@ 95
0 reps@ 95
Last time I did this at 115, so I thought I could easily hit the rep ceiling of 8, but I was very wrong. Only two sets of four, and I was done.

Bent Over Rows -
8 reps @ 95
8 reps @ 95
My arms were on fire and I wanted to go light, so I didn't load the bar although 95lbs. was way too light.

Incline Bench Press -
8 reps @ 95
8 reps @ 95
I just kept the bar the same since my arms were beat. I normally did incline bench first so my numbers were always much higher since I was always fresh, but I liked the way I did this today and I am glad I didn't over do it.

Barbell Curl -
8 reps @ 60
4 reps @ 60
I was pretty sure I would knock out two sets of eight, but I got considerably weaker fairly quick.

All in all a good workout. I let the Mrs. borrow my headphones so I didn't have my focus that I am used to. I also haven't had any pre w/o in a while, although I found a 5 hour energy in the fridge and slammed that before I went. My weight is going down and I believe I am at 235 +/-... I just had to get my portions under control, and actually eat healthy clean foods.

Last edited by begota; 02-11-2013 at 03:58 AM.
begota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #103
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep taking them deads slow. no need to rush.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #104
themaster2981
Max Brawn
Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Creatine Mono
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
First day deadlifting since I messed up my back. Everything went well. I didn't get a chance to hit the gym last week, so I have only lifted once a week, since my injury, so far. I've been using a program I like, but I have changed some exercises. The same program I ran before (in the beginning of this log). I have changed the seated overhead press with Military press, and I'm using close grip bench instead of triceps extensions. Other than that I just changed the variations given, for the ones I haven't done. ie. barbell curl for dumbbell curl.

So today went something like this. I backed the weight wayyyy down so I can get used to lifting without incurring any injury.

Deadlift -
3 reps @ 225
3 reps @ 225
3 reps @ 225
I am glad I dropped the weight down. I had to rest a good bit to get that last rep in. I almost let it go at 2, because I was scared that I would hurt myself as I was feeling a little weak.

Military Press -
4 reps@ 95
4 reps@ 95
0 reps@ 95
Last time I did this at 115, so I thought I could easily hit the rep ceiling of 8, but I was very wrong. Only two sets of four, and I was done.

Bent Over Rows -
8 reps @ 95
8 reps @ 95
My arms were on fire and I wanted to go light, so I didn't load the bar although 95lbs. was way too light.

Incline Bench Press -
8 reps @ 95
8 reps @ 95
I just kept the bar the same since my arms were beat. I normally did incline bench first so my numbers were always much higher since I was always fresh, but I liked the way I did this today and I am glad I didn't over do it.

Barbell Curl -
8 reps @ 60
4 reps @ 60
I was pretty sure I would knock out two sets of eight, but I got considerably weaker fairly quick.

All in all a good workout. I let the Mrs. borrow my headphones so I didn't have my focus that I am used to. I also haven't had any pre w/o in a while, although I found a 5 hour energy in the fridge and slammed that before I went. My weight is going down and I believe I am at 235 +/-... I just had to get my portions under control, and actually eat healthy clean foods.
Begota, great work, slow and steady and you will win.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #105
begota
Brawn

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

After a long hiatus, I finally got back in the gym today. I knew my numbers would be dissapointing, and I was right, but I can blame no one but myself.

After warm up sets my working sets were as follows:

Squats-
5 reps @ 225
5 reps @ 225
3 reps @ 225

Thought I was going strong until I hit the 5th rep in the first set. Almost didn't make the 5th rep on the second set, so when I felt weak on the last rep, I just called it quits.

Bench Press
4 reps @ 135
4 reps @ 135
3 reps @ 135

I am very dissapointed with how I did on the bench. I could normally do 135 all day long, but after such a large amount of time off, i guess I should be happy that I got that little bit out. I also couldn't get my form right, nothing felt like it use too.

Dumbell Rows
8 reps @ 50
7 reps @ 50

My right side felt so weak today. I sort of tweaked it while squatting (no clue as to how, or what).

Upright Rows
8 reps @ 65
5 reps @ 65

Surprised today I didn't hit the rep ceileing for both sets. After the first I thought for sure I would get the second.

Close Grip Bench
8 reps @ 60
8 reps @ 60

This was way to light, but there is no need to kill/injure myself today. I am sure I will be plenty sore tomorrow.

After thinking about this for the entire time I haven't been in the gym. I think I might switch my routine up. I need a routine that is much shorter, than what I am doing now. I have been wanting to try the 5-3-1. I think I might do the "i ain't doing shit" routine. This will get me in the gym 4 days a week, which is more of what I want. and only in there for half the time I am in there now.
This goes against my "I love assistance work" nonsense, but I miss the low weight volume of the 3x3 and concentrating on my lifts, while still allowing me to chase after rep/weight pr's.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #106
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Solid squat numbers hombre.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #107
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Keep it simple Begota,your doing good!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #108
begota
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Solid squat numbers hombre.
Thanks Btb. I wish I had done more on my final set, but I will just have to get back at it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Keep it simple Begota,your doing good!
Thanks ED... Just glad to be back, I really miss that sore feeling I get in my legs when trying to stand up, after a good session in the gym.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #109
begota
Brawn

Back in the gym... New gym, lil man is 3 months old and I now have time and energy to get back in shape.

While I was gone I packed on some serious sympathy weight. I register at an 1/8th of a ton and I need to clean up my diet. First session was light. I didn't lift anything over a hundo. I have a meeting with some trainers next Thursday, so I won't be on my fave routine, but I guarantee I will learn some new stuff. Excited to be back in the gym, and back on here. The comradery is always outstanding.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #110
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Welcome back. Glad the family is healthy and happy.