The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Nice work. how does the axle feel on bench?
Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Nice work. how does the axle feel on bench?
Very hard to grip,the trajectory down changes a bit but really it just kills the forearms specially if you squeeze it hard and move it as slow as a I did concentrically, the one we have is like this one 73lbs but I just round to 70lbs Thick Bar Gallery - GripFAQ.com
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #23
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Good session, BBG. Quick question. Axel Bench Pres (with feet on bench), what exactly does that do for you? I see a couple of cats BP'ing this way at the gym, and one fella actually has his feet up in the air (kinda like he fell over backwards in his chair). Is it more tricep focused, or what? I'm in a BP rut. My max hasn't budged since April. I'm looking for all sorts of help.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #24
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Good session, BBG. Quick question. Axel Bench Pres (with feet on bench), what exactly does that do for you? I see a couple of cats BP'ing this way at the gym, and one fella actually has his feet up in the air (kinda like he fell over backwards in his chair). Is it more tricep focused, or what? I'm in a BP rut. My max hasn't budged since April. I'm looking for all sorts of help.
Feet on bench keeps your hips higher but they still must be planted stable not to be confused with the body builder dipshit way as I call it. I bring the bar down with my lats using a wide grip isolating my chest keeping my upperback tight so this motion focuses on strengthen the upper half of the bench so I can be strong without an arch. The axle does make the movement harder on the forearms and a bit more triceps since your hands are more open the goal is to make a regular barbell feel very light when gripping hard in comparison.

Add in some db flies from all different angles if you don't do them already for more pec stimulation and nothing works lockout strength like some narrow grip IMO
Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default DR. SQUAT teaches them a lesson

Old 09-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #26
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

**** yeah.
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #27
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Feet on bench keeps your hips higher but they still must be planted stable not to be confused with the body builder dipshit way as I call it. I bring the bar down with my lats using a wide grip isolating my chest keeping my upperback tight so this motion focuses on strengthen the upper half of the bench so I can be strong without an arch. The axle does make the movement harder on the forearms and a bit more triceps since your hands are more open the goal is to make a regular barbell feel very light when gripping hard in comparison.

Add in some db flies from all different angles if you don't do them already for more pec stimulation and nothing works lockout strength like some narrow grip IMO
Thanks, I'll add in some flyes.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #28
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default This is my barbell

This is my ▪█─────█▪. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My ▪█─────█▪ is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My ▪█─────█▪, without me, is useless. Without my ▪█─────█▪, I am useless. I must lift my ▪█─────█▪ true.

I must squat straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must lock out my deadlift before he does. I will...

My ▪█─────█▪ and myself know that what counts in this war is not the pounds we load, the noise of our plates clanking, or the caulk clouds we make.

We know that it is the lifts that count. We will lift...

My ▪█─────█▪ is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its knurling and its collars.

I will keep my ▪█─────█▪ clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before Thor, I swear this creed. My ▪█─────█▪ and myself are the defenders of my gym.

We are the masters of our competition.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is ours and there is no enemy, but triumph!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #29
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Default Friday Sept. 14 2012

Squats
435x5 (x2sets)

Strict Press
225x3
245x1PR
255xmissx2 @top of the head, was wearing my new awesome converse weapons and lost balance twice. Next time wrassling shoes.

Bench Press (too burnt out to pause)
295x5 (x2sets)

Romanian Rack Pulls (from below knee)
495x5
585x2

Super Secret assistance lifts

Jacobs Ladder 1minute
Elliptical high incline and resistance x 4minutes

Really beat up from work, lack of sleep and trying so many new movements. Barbell rows will be done (from floor and deficit) on they squat days, on my sunday whatever I want days I am only doing cardio and db movements for small body parts.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #30
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

get some rest big Tony and come back smashing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote