Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
CoopDawg
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
CoopDawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mississippi
Posts: 2,690
Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
Reputation: 16586
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default Step up or step down- coop's joint

Below is my workout setup and explained by joe ohrablo.

unless otherwise noted, rest 60-70 seconds between sets

day one-legs

1-extensions 5 sets x 15, add weight to each set and hold 2-3 seconds per rep! fail on the last set

2-squats 5 sets x 10 reps, add weight to each set. FOCUS ON FORM!

3-leg press feet all the way low..come down parallel 3 sets x 15 reps, add weight to each set..push hard on the last set

4-barbell stiff leg deadlifts 4 sets x 8 reps, add weight to each set and fail on last

5-seated leg curls 4 sets x 10 reps, add weight to each set and fail on last

6-calf raise on leg press. 5 sets x 20 reps. add weight to each set

day 2-chest and shoulders

1-incline dumbbell presses (set incline to lowest setting) 5 sets x 10 reps. add weight to each and fail on last set

2-incline flyes 3 sets x 12 reps, add to each and fail on last after failure rest pause 15-20 seconds and fail again

3-flat bench dumbbell presses 3 sets x 10 reps fail on last set

4-incline machine press 2 sets x failure in the 15-20 range. Squeeze every rep hard at the top (just shy of lock out)

day three-back and abs

1-deadlifts 3-4 warm ups then 5 sets x 5 add weight to each work set and push to failure on last set. Rest 120 seconds between sets on the 5 x 5 sets

2-decline, stiff arm, dumbbell pullovers. 3 sets x 12 reps and fail on last set (add to each)

3-pulldowns to front. Shoulder width grip. 3 sets x 10 reps and fail on last

4-seated cable rows 2 sets x 8 reps. fail on both. Back straight with no lean in

5-dumbbell shrugs to the side 4 sets x 8 reps fail on last

6-decline crunches holding a medicine ball 3 sets x 25-30 reps

7-leg raises off a flat bench (butt hanging off) 3 sets x 20-25 reps

8-planks 2 sets x failure

day four-off

day five-arms

1-incline dumbbell curls super setted with pressdowns 4 rounds. 10 reps on both and fail on last

2-straight bar cable curls super setted with dumbbell skull crushers 4 rounds 8 reps on cable curls and 12 on dumbbell skull crushers. 4 rounds. fail on last

3-two arm dumbbell hammer curls super setted with dips 4 rounds. 15 on hammer curls and failure on dips fail on last set of hammer curls

day six-chest workout two

1-flat bench dumbbell presses. 2-3 warm ups then 5 sets x 5 reps going heavier on each set and failing on last set

2-incline smith machine presses with lowest setting 5 sets x 10 reps add weight to each and failing on last set

3-incline flyes (lowest setting) fst-7 do 7 sets x 10 reps with only 30 seconds rest between sets! squeeze HARD at the top!!

cardio 3 times a week 30 minutes a pop varying the intensity and type.

so one workout walk on treadmill at 4.0 for 30 minutes, one workout do the stepmill at level 8 for 30 minutes and one workout do interval training for 30 minutes. Warm up 5 minutes then do 20 minutes of one minute intense and one minute easy then 5 min cool down.
__________________
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,783
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2583792
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Looks Brutal Coop. Good luck! Is he doing your diet too?
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
CoopDawg
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
CoopDawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mississippi
Posts: 2,690
Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
Reputation: 16586
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looks Brutal Coop. Good luck! Is he doing your diet too?
thanks brother, look like something you also approve of? and yes sir will be getting him to set that up also in a week or so
__________________
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:26 AM   #4
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
LtL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading, Berkshire, UK
Posts: 12,012
Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
Reputation: 455740
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!
Default

Another new routine? Go get it Coop. Hope to see you posting some training.

Al
__________________
Proudly sponsored by Muscle and Brawn and Lifestyle Focus.
Ask me about Ark products.
www.liftingtolive.com
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,044
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241059
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default

All the routines and training advice in the world don't mean shit unless you actually go to the gym and lift. You want some respect around here, log some workouts. Go get some.
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
CoopDawg
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
CoopDawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mississippi
Posts: 2,690
Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
Reputation: 16586
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default

Appreciate it guys. Im ready to get after it... cant wait to get off work
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,783
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2583792
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Starting tonight Coop?
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
Chillen
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 
Chillen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,906
Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Reputation: 138552
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Below is my workout setup and explained by joe ohrablo.

unless otherwise noted, rest 60-70 seconds between sets

day one-legs

1-extensions 5 sets x 15, add weight to each set and hold 2-3 seconds per rep! fail on the last set

2-squats 5 sets x 10 reps, add weight to each set. FOCUS ON FORM!

3-leg press feet all the way low..come down parallel 3 sets x 15 reps, add weight to each set..push hard on the last set

4-barbell stiff leg deadlifts 4 sets x 8 reps, add weight to each set and fail on last

5-seated leg curls 4 sets x 10 reps, add weight to each set and fail on last

6-calf raise on leg press. 5 sets x 20 reps. add weight to each set

day 2-chest and shoulders

1-incline dumbbell presses (set incline to lowest setting) 5 sets x 10 reps. add weight to each and fail on last set

2-incline flyes 3 sets x 12 reps, add to each and fail on last after failure rest pause 15-20 seconds and fail again

3-flat bench dumbbell presses 3 sets x 10 reps fail on last set

4-incline machine press 2 sets x failure in the 15-20 range. Squeeze every rep hard at the top (just shy of lock out)

day three-back and abs

1-deadlifts 3-4 warm ups then 5 sets x 5 add weight to each work set and push to failure on last set. Rest 120 seconds between sets on the 5 x 5 sets

2-decline, stiff arm, dumbbell pullovers. 3 sets x 12 reps and fail on last set (add to each)

3-pulldowns to front. Shoulder width grip. 3 sets x 10 reps and fail on last

4-seated cable rows 2 sets x 8 reps. fail on both. Back straight with no lean in

5-dumbbell shrugs to the side 4 sets x 8 reps fail on last

6-decline crunches holding a medicine ball 3 sets x 25-30 reps

7-leg raises off a flat bench (butt hanging off) 3 sets x 20-25 reps

8-planks 2 sets x failure

day four-off

day five-arms

1-incline dumbbell curls super setted with pressdowns 4 rounds. 10 reps on both and fail on last

2-straight bar cable curls super setted with dumbbell skull crushers 4 rounds 8 reps on cable curls and 12 on dumbbell skull crushers. 4 rounds. fail on last

3-two arm dumbbell hammer curls super setted with dips 4 rounds. 15 on hammer curls and failure on dips fail on last set of hammer curls

day six-chest workout two

1-flat bench dumbbell presses. 2-3 warm ups then 5 sets x 5 reps going heavier on each set and failing on last set

2-incline smith machine presses with lowest setting 5 sets x 10 reps add weight to each and failing on last set

3-incline flyes (lowest setting) fst-7 do 7 sets x 10 reps with only 30 seconds rest between sets! squeeze HARD at the top!!

cardio 3 times a week 30 minutes a pop varying the intensity and type.

so one workout walk on treadmill at 4.0 for 30 minutes, one workout do the stepmill at level 8 for 30 minutes and one workout do interval training for 30 minutes. Warm up 5 minutes then do 20 minutes of one minute intense and one minute easy then 5 min cool down.
A change "can be" good, Coop. You cannot control everything that happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.

Have your mind WIDE OPEN, and allow progress in your training to be a BASE for your motivation to bread INTO other aspects of your life, and use your brain to bring in differing aspects of inspiration to keep you motivated when your lifestyle environment wants to sand blast your internal will and desire

Always tell yourself you can do better, and you will. Willing it to happen, has been the cornerstone for many successes.

Congrats on the new routine. Stick with it long enough to see if will work for you young man. I wish you much success, and you KNOW you will be successful in this personal journey you are participating in.


Peace and Happiness to you and your family,


Don
__________________
Age: 53

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:


At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
CoopDawg
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 
CoopDawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: mississippi
Posts: 2,690
Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
Reputation: 16586
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
A change "can be" good, Coop. You cannot control everything that happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.

Have your mind WIDE OPEN, and allow progress in your training to be a BASE for your motivation to bread INTO other aspects of your life, and use your brain to bring in differing aspects of inspiration to keep you motivated when your lifestyle environment wants to sand blast your internal will and desire

Always tell yourself you can do better, and you will. Willing it to happen, has been the cornerstone for many successes.

Congrats on the new routine. Stick with it long enough to see if will work for you young man. I wish you much success, and you KNOW you will be successful in this personal journey you are participating in.


Peace and Happiness to you and your family,


Don
Man i highly appreciate this, you have no clue, inspiration brother thankyou! same to you and your family! @BTB yes starting with arms tonight because i will be out of town tomorrow and i have the weekend off anyway so that puts monday starting chest! and then upward and onward with the progress of the routine.
__________________
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
Chillen
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 
Chillen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,906
Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Reputation: 138552
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Man i highly appreciate this, you have no clue, inspiration brother thank you! same to you and your family! @BTB yes starting with arms tonight because i will be out of town tomorrow and i have the weekend off anyway so that puts Monday starting chest! and then upward and onward with the progress of the routine.
You are very welcome, Coop. It takes hard work, dedication, persistence, and an educated level of "deprivation" (a sacrifice for the benefit of something else)to earn a goal one seeks. You are required to pay the toll to see your goal. There is no other way. If you fully accept this as truth, this is a major accomplishment toward establishing your goal. To be your goal, you must think and act according to your goal on a consistent and on-going basis, and likewise, your body will be consistent in rewarding the same. You have to provide the body "a valid reason" to change, and with this log and routine, you will do just that. You have all you need. It is the contents of the skull, and the flesh covered with skin: You.


Best wishes, Coop


Don
__________________
Age: 53

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:


At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
coop, joint, step


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To step inside the skull of some people, would sure be a trip. Chillen General Board 6 05-08-2012 06:16 PM
This is what I step on. Rich Knapp General Board 8 10-24-2011 02:22 PM
Three-Step Squat 5kgLifter General Fitness & Health 5 09-12-2011 04:43 AM
Every Step for Universal Screening Bodybygamma General Board 7 06-13-2010 06:46 PM
Coop's doing the reg park!!!!!!!!!! CoopDawg Training Logs 322 05-17-2010 08:31 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.