RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

OR, you just nailed it right there.....Most coaches at the younger level think everyone should be 100yard condition. Lineman hate that but when its 5-10 yards its our house.....
Dead Lift:455/500/?

Master Goal: Compete in 1 Lifting Sport!!! Completed Nov 16th 2014

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Well, tonight they switched it up and had the team running 20 yard sprints (head coach wasn't there tonight). Well, my son was kicking ass and coming in the top 3 to 5 kids accross the line. Some coaches don't realize that linemen need explosive speed and NOT SPEED ENDURANCE. Hopefully the coaches will open their eyes and judge players by different standards depending on the position they play. Linemen need to be quick to 5 or 10 yards and that's the way we train in the off-season. They need to clock the kids' 10, 20, and 40 yard times to see where they will fit in best for the team. Not every kid is going to be a skills player but they need linemen too; the offense doesn't go anywhere without them.
Very interesting story. That's something I am going to file in the old memory banks. I'm glad for him that he was able to have a moment shine and not get discouraged. It's good he got to see the results of his hard work.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoriRB View Post
OR, you just nailed it right there.....Most coaches at the younger level think everyone should be 100yard condition. Lineman hate that but when its 5-10 yards its our house.....
I like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Very interesting story. That's something I am going to file in the old memory banks. I'm glad for him that he was able to have a moment shine and not get discouraged. It's good he got to see the results of his hard work.
It makes it tough for me because I am in charge of what he will train for in the off-season. The question becomes, do we train for strength and explosive power again or do we train for endurance? Do we keep him bigger and stronger than the other kids or do we get lean and fast? I think the answer [for right now] is to keep it fun and let the chips fall in line as he gets closer to puberty and high school. If it's not fun for him, he'll hate doing it and burn out.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!
Default Friday, September 7, 2012

AM Workout
20 Pushups
20 First Steps
Hand Position Work

Notes:
Quote of the night...
Defensive Coach: "C'mon, you gotta get past the line!"
Defensive Lineman: "I'm trying really hard"
Defensive Coach: "Hit the line harder, that tackle isn't going to kill you."
Defensive Lineman: "I think he's almost killed me a few times."
Offensive Tackle (my son): "You're lucky they are making me play at 'practice' speed!!!"

Last edited by Off Road; 09-07-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #15
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

Quote:

It makes it tough for me because I am in charge of what he will train for in the off-season. The question becomes, do we train for strength and explosive power again or do we train for endurance? Do we keep him bigger and stronger than the other kids or do we get lean and fast? I think the answer [for right now] is to keep it fun and let the chips fall in line as he gets closer to puberty and high school. If it's not fun for him, he'll hate doing it and burn out.
From personal experience, I found from last season to know strength and explosive power is the main key for Offensive Line, but some endurance does help. but like you said keep it fun, because at that age they can hate sports if forced into it
Dead Lift:455/500/?

Master Goal: Compete in 1 Lifting Sport!!! Completed Nov 16th 2014

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I like that

Sounds like a good plan to me. I think as his strength improves, he will naturally become a better athlete.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
Off Road
Max Brawn

From Saturday's Game...

Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
From Saturday's Game...

Bam!

Pancake.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
Off Road
Max Brawn

Default Monday, September 10, 2012

AM Workout
20 Pushups

PM Workout
1 arm Db Row:
40 lbs x 5 (each arm)
40 lbs x 5 (each arm)
40 lbs x 12 (each arm)

Goblet Squat:
40 lbs x 12
40 lbs x 12
40 lbs x 20

Notes:
My son's team is now 1-1. They lost in overtime on Saturday but they played very well. The offense was ticking but the defense couldn't tackle on that day
Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

How is he doing with the rows? Is that weight fairly routine for him right now?