Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Great quote Chillen, too many people (myself included at times) forget this and focus on the negative points rather than the bigger picture....

Great to see you back posting by the way
Thank you Mark. I checked my history the previous two weeks, rest v. workout days, diet/carbs, etc, and there is nothing that sticks out as a primary cause.

Yes, there were a couple of days in there where I received only a 5 or so hours of sleep and on those days I worked some long hours, and stress at home was high (with wife being sick), but I have had good workouts in the same type scenario (I have personal records going go back to my original goal want).

This tells me that my body was just being a complete and utter lazy twat (excuse my language), and I simply do not put up with it. And, do not accept age as a cause either (). Any hoot, It eventually works out. I was taking some time reading my material last night, and I had a very good workout subsequent bad ones in close proximity to the bad one just a few days after. In some cases I would explode and expand 3 reps or more, 1 rep, and in some cases, would have to add weight (make adjustments on the fly) because the session was going so good. In other cases I would have 2 sessions bad in a row, and then a good session would follow, and so on and so forth.

It just tends to work it self out, and is part of the "consistency" process. Most persons wanting a goal and there heart is in it, and they have a bad session, is going to feel depressed, pissed, (etc), but if they continue to work, and are able to suppress these feelings, and continue to work hard, subsequent progression will come even if some adjustments have to be made dependent on the situation. Just part of the process.....we have to accept. we do not really have a choice if we want to be successful.

A large majority of the battle of our goal is within our own head, Mark, not under the bar.

How are you, Mark? I will stop in your log today and look it over. I hope you and your family are good, and this day finds you well.

Again, thank you for stopping buy. Appreciate it.

Next up, my workout for today, which is followed by two rest days. I will post it in a few.......

Peace and happiness to all of you!

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

September 4 Training (September 3 Upper/Lower-Cardio (Heavy):

For this online log, I am going to post the basic information from the tablet I use now for my diet and training logs.

I am in about the 6th week of a 6 week period of 2 on, 2 off, 2 on, 2 off, training regime. All major lifts have increased 15 pounds in this period in the heavy section (3 to 5, cut off), and the rep cut off for the extra portion is 13. After this week ends (which has been a very good progressive period), The routine changes, and I will post what this is.

Currently doing a full body. Upper/Lower-Cardio (heavy), Upper Extra/Lower Extra (Endurance-more metabolic), Core-cardio, off, Upper/Lower-Cardio (heavy), Upper Extra/Lower Extra (Endurance-more metabolic), Core-cardio, Off, within 8 day time frame.

Today was Upper Extra/Lower Extra, Rep range 9 to 13+, cut off point 13.

Besides set-up, there is no rest between exercises, and no rest between supplements.

Incline Bench 4 sets
Supplemented DB (NR) Bench 3 sets

T-Bar Row 4 sets
Supplemented Pull-up 2 sets (NR, cut off 12, before adding weight)

Decline Close Grip Bench Press 3 sets
DB Hammer Curls 2 sets (Both in combo)

Front Squat 4 sets (Alone cut off 15)

Renegade Rows 2 sets(in succession, NR, repeat)
Plank 2 sets
Weight Leg Lift 2 sets

Stationary Bike (Plate weight Cardio) (35 minutes)

No direct shoulder work and calves, they get hit twice weekly with Upper/Lower (heavy) portion of the week.
================================================== =======

Felt lethargic at the beginning of the session, and by the end I felt like I could bend nails in mind and body. Funny how things get sometimes, LOL. I have dealt with myself for years now, and its always throwing some kind of bullshit at me. But I am the UMP in charge, and have BIG boots to walk through all it slings.

Last session (upper/lower, heavy) sucked (and the first one in a long time), and I felt sort of weak-ish at the beginning of the session and felt now power throughout. And, the feeling at the beginning was sort of similar, but I breezed right through it, and progressed real well. Progressed on all first/second sets, and par on the remaining. Which is real good. Happy about that. This tells me everything is normal, this far.

Peace and happiness fellow MaB's.

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
All major lifts have increased 15 pounds in this period in the heavy section
Nice progress.

Quote:
Happy about that. This tells me everything is normal, this far.
Excellent.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice progress.

Excellent.
Thank you, Steve. And, thank you for stopping by to support and comment.

Today is an off day.

At the end of this week, will mark the end of the period for this session period. I made pretty solid/steady weight increase progression albeit my Military Press is the slowest in responding in the progressive state. On Monday, I am revising the training structure for the next 6 week period, and will post this up on the September 10th.

I am keeping Carbohydrates under 100, and then filling the rest in with fats and Protein. Calories vary each day (its sort of a zig-zag diet variation) according to activity. But on average I run an approximate 200 calorie surplus per day at present. I'm not interested in gaining weight fast. I am most interested in strength and endurance gains, while staying as lean as possible for the next session iteration.

I have a session schedule in mind, but if you have some suggestions Steve, I would be open to some discussion on this if you are so kind to offer them.

Peace and happiness to all of you today and everyday.

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 09-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
Chillen
Max Brawn

On the Home Front:

Wife isn't feeling well, and went to bed to to take a nap. She had to quit her job a few weeks after grandma's death, and she then became very ill and hasn't really been the same since. I have mentioned the numerous medical conditions she has so I will not repeat them here. I am the only one she has. Every day all I think about is her, and how I can best take care of her. I be damned if I let her down. She is so strong. She is so vibrant and alive, even with all of her medical issues. I see so many with less, cry about their seemingly petty issues. None could hold a candle to her heart. And, I will do all I can to keep the fire in her heart lit. With Vitality by my side, and the iron adding to my personal stride, I will be forever by her side, day and night.

Have to go into work about 3PM today. Set up some new software, and interview some applicants for a new position.

Hope all is well with all of you today.

Peace and Happiness,

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
I have a session schedule in mind, but if you have some suggestions Steve, I would be open to some discussion on this if you are so kind to offer them.
I;m a programming nut so I always like to look at workouts and structure.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #17
Chillen
Max Brawn

Like I said before, Steve, I do not have a picture of my initial starting point. Its been a bane in my butt; I wish I would have taken one. However, I dug up one of my earliest photos. The date in the camera photo is wrong. When I started I had literal hanging man-boobs, weighed approximate 200 pounds, and wanted to lose about 45 pounds of excess fat (and knew nothing on how to start at the time). In this photo, its about one year after starting. I lost over 30 pounds, and had a lot of lower-front-end body fat that was really being a pain in the rear to get rid of.

This was on or about December 2006. At this point I have come a very long way as compared to my starting point. Man-boobies gone, 30 pounds of fat gone, and I actually had the start of a chest appearing.

My weight in this pic according to my records was 173 pounds.

As you can see in this pic, a lot of lower abdominal fat was still there. This is the earliest picture. If there was a initial starting point picture, the difference would be astounding between the two of them.

=======================================

But this was about to change in the next 6 months of intensive hard work.

Contrast the above 173 pounds with 152/154 pounds in these pics

At the time I didn't have a normal camera was using my cell phone camera, and all pics were taken by myself, and resolution is horrible, but it dod the job.

I will post additional years, since you requested, it Steve. It will be forth coming soon

Peace and happiness to you and your family,

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 09-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
Chillen
Max Brawn

Though I weighed a measly 152/154 I actually was carrying more muscle mass, and a lot leaner, as compared to the 6 month previously in the picture. Goes to show that Muscle is much denser (smaller) pound for pound, as compared to fat tissue.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 09-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #19
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:r ockon:
Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:r ockon:
Wes! Dude!

I have missed you man. We need to stay in contact. Hey....Here is my cell phone number, if you need to talk to me, you need to text first, because I get into a lot of meetings (dependent on hours I work), and sometimes I can not talk right away. This way you can text me when ever, and we can talk on phone: 913-221-1107 Call/text anytime my friend.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168: