Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
Well said my friend.
Thanks Wes. How is mom mom and family?

Staying lean through the holidays is...easy---at least to me, and its just a function of manipulating macros, and adjusting training to be more carbohydrate centric to deplete Liver (etc) stores, and then followed by a pig-out carbohydrate feeding frenzy. I do both (heavy-maintain) and (light for high reps) During these times, I usually do this with Lower:

Back/Front Squatx2(LR)4 (HR)
Bike: Uphill/max 1.3m max effortX6

Squats are high rep 13 to 15 (HR),and 3 to 6 (LR) followed by 1.2/30s rest, and then a set of max effort Bike, after each variable squat set--6 sets.

Calves-3 2(LR), 2 (HR)
Hamstring curls-2((LR), 2 (HR)

Yes, a doggen-killer....

Bench-2 (LR), (4 HR) 12 to 18
Military Press-SAME
T-Bar row/Lat Pulldown--SAME
LB-Curls-SAME
TRI-Tri-Bar-SAME

Renegade Rows 4-(HR)
Bike (MAX-uphill) 4--30s, 1.4m post each set

2 to 3 of these, with carbohydrates around 60g= a pig fest without complications and I mean in excess of 5000+ calories.

Now, during this time what changes is just water disposition/distribution of the physical composition--post the re-feed. So, naturally weight goes up, but primarily water. But I usually look leaner the next day post re-feed which still amazes me to this day (I have been doing this around holidays for more than 6 years).

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 11-30-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #232
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Good Morning Wes. Finally it is December! It has been a long, long, month, and if it were possible, even tested my patience a tad. Getting three days off in a row coming Monday through Wednesday--at least from work, not from training, as 2 of the days are training days.

Success depends on me, end of story. In great physical shape, though it was definitely tested in the stamina department this month; but like always, the way I train, the way I eat physically, and the way I feed my brain, always seems to provide what is needed. Wes, wisdom pursuit is the sun shining bright on a self-learning process, and when applied uniquely, provides the shade in which one seeks. Some think they know others and judge, when in fact the hardest is knowing and dealing with yourself. I do what I do, to prove something to....ME, no one else, and provide an opportunity to the one I cherish the most. However, as you know, I have desire and motivation for others to find "their own" happiness, motivation, and convictions in health and fitness. Happiness is "within the person's own skin" and they drive the ship one way or the other.

The process of seeking wisdom brings many fruits in the pursuit and in the process strengthens your persoal roots in the life-long journey.

Happiness to you today, Wes.

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #233
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Great work Chill! Keep charging hard.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #234
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Thanks Wes. How is mom mom and family?
My mom is good thanks. So far the chemo hasnt made her sick at all. She goes in for a stem cell transplant soon and will be in the hospital for 28 days or so.

Ive been very consistent with my workouts and am still working on things with that girl. Still no real progress, but shes really young and we're becoming good friends so i guess im happy with that for now.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #235
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hope all is well.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #236
wesrman
Max Brawn

wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hope all is well.
Things are good Steve, thanks for asking. How u doing?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #237
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
Things are good Steve, thanks for asking. How u doing?
Can't complain. Trying to de-fat currently.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #238
wesrman
Max Brawn

Whats up?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #239
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Chill! Wes! Come back.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #240
wesrman
Max Brawn

How u doin Steve?