Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Worked 3PM to 12:30AM, working on some of the same issues I mentioned on a previous post. Home by 1AM, Bed at 1:15AM, Up at 5AM, which is about the time as I write this. Training at 6:30, work by 8:30AM.

Some may call this stupidity.
Some may ask why? Condescending.
Some may say this is flat ludicrous.

I call it: I want what I want, and this is quite "normal" behavior in people in which want to earn their respective goal wants, and its so engrained into their lifestyle, that they do what it takes to work with, work around life's changing events.

And, lastly, thoughts such as (the three listed above) are not allowed. Ya, got that? Its not allowed, and I simply do not want to hear this weak ass-@hit--from persons whom do not understand what dedication really is--and what it actually can do for you--if you practice and give it some time.

You know building muscle and getting lean is tough when you do it naturally. Its is damn tough. You have to fight, scratch, and claw for every ounce of muscle and tissue loss, and be as tough--right back, up front, and in its face to win this tough battle. I have never taken and type of over the counter thermogenic. Diet and exercise has been the thermogenic.

And, to be frank, it is more difficult for a 51 year old to do this sort of activity, as compared to a normal healthy 25ish year old, this is for sure. The all important sleep activity will come tonight, when I get home at about 4:30PM, and drop in the bed by about 7PM, and again get up by 3am, and start training by 5am (Saturday morning), and then get to work by 7AM.

So don't expect a journal entry or forum post after 7PM tonight peeps, sorry but this old-b-turd has to get some sleep, ya know? . But, I will post Saturday AM before I commence Upper training (between 3AM to 5AM).

ROCK ON peeps. Do what it takes to get the job you want finished and completed. And do what you want with:

Quality, morality, and hard work.

So Rock it, sock it, and always carry your heart in your pocket so you can pull it out at anytime and just rocket!

EDIT: My Hips feel better this morning (began hurting after a a heavy day of squatting), they were hurting before I went to bed. With only about 4 hours of sleep, this is a good sign, considering. My body at 51 body continues to surprise me. I thank you, body! I put you to the test all the time, and you are there for me, thank you!

Best wishes to you all, off to train my wrinkly (and somewhat tired) old ass ,

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 10-19-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #162
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

^^^ Had a pretty good Lower workout today. Like I said before, I did manage to do my PR (345, at 168 pounds). This is a pretty decent squat PR considering my age and weight. I am going to put up a video as soon as I can figure out where in my garage gym to put my transformer to take the video. Hips felt good, but its during the cooling off/normal day period that will tell me how they are, so far real good.

At the end I added in Renegade Rows and Planks. I normally do RR's and no rest, and then planks. I am up to 3 minutes on the planks (and will show a video of this as well). On the RR's its not the weight (necessarily) that I am pulling that is most important. Rather its the reps and time duration of the set since I am in the prone position and the core chain is being executed.

When I finished the workout, I felt fatigue. It wasn't the nature of the workout, it was lack of sleep, but the body proved "again" t was up to the task. When I first began I knew it was going to take a lot of hard work, and never misunderstood that it was going to take a consistent battle around life's shenanigans; sometimes you just have to suck it up, and just not "think" too much and focus, or in some cases you can talk/reason yourself right out of certain things you "know" you should do, or "can do". You know what I am trying to say?

I concentrate on the mental/mind set, because it is here, where we win or lose our battles as we work toward our goals. And, when you add the fact that the body doesn't necessarily play fair (as it lies and tells the truth, and plays its own friggen games), you mind has to be on the ball: the referee and judge, and you have to know when to throw the flags and when to call contempt of court, and jail the friggen lazy ass body, and unlock what it "really" needs.

I hope your day will be good today. Bring peace and harmony to someone today and everyday. Say hi, lend a helping hand, thoughts, and encouragement. We need more love, peace, and friendship in the world, and we have this capability......in all of us.

Peace to you all,

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 10-19-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #163
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
I'm pushing the line a tad, since I finally was able to nail the new PR on squat the other day post two consecutive failures with one complete drop. My personal goals and the way I train just agree with my body, though I may have to change the way I train to break the ceiling which is close. Thanks for your interest.

Don
Congrats on pushing through that barrier.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #164
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Right now my goal is to get to about 10% body fat. Im at about 12-13% right now. Im not in a huge rush because im dealing with the health issues still and coming off some extremely strong meds. More long term im trying to gain strength, speed and muscle while staying relatively lean.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #165
wesrman
Max Brawn

wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

This is amazing! Anthony Robbins has been teaching about physiology for years and it has been really helpfull to me when dealing with depression.

Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are | Video on TED.com
Old 10-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #166
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I call it: I want what I want, and this is quite "normal" behavior in people in which want to earn their respective goal wants, and its so engrained into their lifestyle, that they do what it takes to work with, work around life's changing events.
I understand. I have hard goals in life. I work 7 days a week, and have for years. I still find time to balance, but I reduce the down time...and enjoy it!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #167
Chillen
Max Brawn

To follow up. When I get off work today, around 4, and get home around 4:30. Mrs. Chillen ()is training at 5pm, and after I work with her, I am going to bed at about 7pm so I can get up at 3AM. I will post pre-workout thoughts at about 4:30 or so, and start the training session at about 5AM. She is a little sore from the workout on Tuesday, but doing okay. As far as her medical conditions, she is feeling well, and medications are working, with no side effects thus far. I got her on a full body routine, mainly compound lifts. Diet is structured to solicit some tissue loss, and is an approximate -300 deficit (macros normal for now). She has passed one full week, and into her second week, and is doing really well. God bless her, she is trying hard.

I love the iron.

That is all.......

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #168
wesrman
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
To follow up. When I get off work today, around 4, and get home around 4:30. Mrs. Chillen ()is training at 5pm, and after I work with her, I am going to bed at about 7pm so I can get up at 3AM. I will post pre-workout thoughts at about 4:30 or so, and start the training session at about 5AM. She is a little sore from the workout on Tuesday, but doing okay. As far as her medical conditions, she is feeling well, and medications are working, with no side effects thus far. I got her on a full body routine, mainly compound lifts. Diet is structured to solicit some tissue loss, and is an approximate -300 deficit (macros normal for now). She has passed one full week, and into her second week, and is doing really well. God bless her, she is trying hard.

I love the iron.

That is all.......

Don
Thats great to hear Don.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #169
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I understand. I have hard goals in life. I work 7 days a week, and have for years. I still find time to balance, but I reduce the down time...and enjoy it!
I know you, know, Steve . Sometimes I push too hard, and though I realize recovery and strength/growth increases occur in downtime, I sometimes forget this (if this makes any sense), in my sometimes insane discipline. Ya know, you just have t keep that dang "spanking paddle" in the "ready" position, to swat this old, wrinkly, whining body sometimes!

Next month, the owner of the franchises, is going out of country, and I have responsibilities for all three properties, and will be working 7 days per week for the entire month, beginning on November 1. I have pre-planned the training sessions for the month already including dietary structure. It will be mostly day work, and shouldn't be too many surprises. If so I will make adjustments. In addition, I know that the calorie trend has been limiting my lifts (and recovery between), so I am allowing a more restricted liberal diet (if this makes sense). Be patient with me boss, as I work (this recent busy period), I will get the recent pics up as promised. In addition, I am going to post videos (in future) of my workouts, of which I haven't done before. So this will be added coolness. Thanks for stopping by and posting, boss, appreciated.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #170
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
Thats great to hear Don.

Thank you Wes. I have to get the "thoughts of the day going again". Don't know if anyone reads this journal enough to get a benefit (other than us) from the information it would contain. But, we shall see.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168: