Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I am a wild fire out of control! Baby! Up at 3Am (as per usual).

I worked until 8pm last night, and up a 3AM. No rest, no cry babying! Love it! Now its time to rock! In a few off to train this 51 year old ass. Weight this morning (dry) at first wake up: 169.4. Look as lean and mean as ever. Delts are popping (which is one of my stonger body parts--we have a long history together, which I can explain if someone is remotely interested). Core is popping, and I feel just great. Been running some rather serious deficits and IF, mingled with timed MT calorie surplus, and my body is reacting rather favorably. I am still amazed on how willing my body is at 51 years old. I have nearly half testosterone as my younger comrades, so it rather pleasing.
Pics forthcoming.

Drank about a pot off coffee between 3 and 4:30 lol. And, about 4 glasses of water, and I pissing my ass off, lol: Which is quite normal. Feel hydrated and ready to fire on all cylinders.

For working 13 hours, and getting about 6 hours sleep, I feel good. Excuses are for CRY BABIES! I am not one of those! **** this 50 shit!

Off to train and have a great time giving what the body deserves. One more day for my wife. One more day for my life.

ROCK ON!

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #102
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I irritated my pelvis performing Military Press (second set); How in the *&*&^*&*&, I did that---only my body knows. I'm upset and pissed at my body for this BS. But, I control the ship...

On to Lower tomorrow after solid warmup............I rule this shit.

Hope you guys have a wonderful and ROCKEN DAY!

I used to be a "Rollen' Stone" Ya know...........

If the "cause is right".........

And, I find the answers, "along my personal road"...........

And you do this by educating yourself on diet and fitness and adapting to your "personal science" and what feedback your body is giving you, and then wisely applying diet and fitness knowledge long your road!

Shine the light! ITS YOU!

FUGGEN! RIGHT!

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #103
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Drank about a pot off coffee between 3 and 4:30 lol. And, about 4 glasses of water, and I pissing my ass off, lol: Which is quite normal. Feel hydrated and ready to fire on all cylinders.
Sounds like me every day. Hydration has always been my best friend.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #104
Chillen
Max Brawn

I feel wonderful this morning! I am lean, and body is responding the way I want it to...thank you ya' old ass 51 year old body! Ya proving to me (again) you are still there for me. THANK YOU! 51 rocks out!

If ya want it too.......

Up at 3am, to train at 5AM, which just about right now as I write this post. Weight this morning is about 167.5 (slightly carbohydrate deprived, so I am carrying a little less water as compared to yesterday). I am running around 170/171 during the day, as I eat, which is normal. Day 6 of running upper limit calorie deficits, after tomorrow, I am running 2 days of subsequent calorie surpluses, increasing carbohydrates a tad.

I decided to split the upper and lower, due to time constraints at work, but I am still following a modified version of what Steve suggested a while back. I respond well to these type of workouts. After this period (as I "finish" what I start), I may move to a power lifting program and see what this does, as my body hasn't had this type of stimulus yet, and should be interesting.

Time to rock out some squats, Ham string curls, deads, calf raises, and cardio.......etc...

Have a great day guys and gals....

Time to get some work done!

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #105
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Do work!!!
big_swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #106
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Enjoy your Sunday.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #107
Chillen
Max Brawn

Today and tomorrow are off days at work. And, well deserved. I haven't had any days off from work for about one month.

Today Upper/Lower are off, though I am doing some higher rep core work later this evening: HR-Walking Renegade Rows, followed with (NR) Planks.

Yesterday was a re-feed, post a 6 day deficit trend. Calorie total was nearing 4,000 calories--(which is nearly 3 times calorie BASE need) most were carbohydrates with protein hitting about 1g per pound. It is flat amazing to see the body suck these carbohydrates up, post a lower carb-trend of days. I wasn't holding that much water, and was really leaner than the rest of the week (pics are coming my brothers and sisters), and this morning's weight (post re-feed) was lower than yesterdays (which isnt that surprising): 167.1, this will rise during the day, as I take in liquids and what not. I am usually topping out around 171, which is where I want to be. Some tissue is falling off (though naked eye observation), while body is maintaining, which is telling me "volumes" in what is going on with current training and dietary trends. I do this yo-yo shanegans all the time so its no surprise to me really, and I "normally" get good responses from my elder body.

Hope this day finds all of you well today, and every day!

Peace

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #108
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Do work!!!
Thank you Swede! It is MUCH APPRECIATED you stopping and commenting in the journal!

Workout went well! Going to post up some videos to allow some views on my form. I train alone which means, though I watch form carefully, it doesn't mean I am doing it right .

GOT it DONE!

ROCK ON!

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #109
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Good to hear that nutrition and training are on track Chillen. Glad you have some down time, too many worked weekends are never enjoyable.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #110
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Good to hear that nutrition and training are on track Chillen. Glad you have some down time, too many worked weekends are never enjoyable.
I give it no choice, Brute. I WANT IT. What drives me are the ghosts of the past person (when I first started several years ago), and the ghosts "within" the present person that has had time and success under the bar.

I have a lot responsibilities in which require my time at work. And, sometimes I have to adjust. But like the old 1980's song says: "Just roll with it". I do, and adjust and make no excuses. I LOVE LIFTING. I love what it does. I love spreading love and happiness to others...........so little of it...........

And we rock!

Thanks for your comments, BRUTE!

How are you today!?

Don

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168: